CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Can anyone hook me up with scrim scores from last night and any watchable rebroadcasts?

I think the best options for Ninja involve RoyBox.

RoyBox, Ninja, Shooter

RoyBox, Ninja, VicX

But do the best options for RoyBox involve Ninja?

• Upvote (+1) 3

So, I am going to call this now. A to4 that didn't retain 2 players + coach will be in the Fall Pro League. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

Now would be a great time for all of the chemistry weenies to start explaining to me how NV is going to be awful because they just piled all the best players together, which is stupid / unrealistic / doesn't take team roles into account.

Hello? Anyone?

Isn't it a little early to make these sorts of comments? There's been one scrim. nV could finish season 2 as a top 2-3 team... And that would = making no progress despite the changes.

We'll never know what could have been if old nV stayed together and the players collectively got better between season 1 and 2.

At the end of the day, we're all speculating and trying to compare hypotheticals.

For the record, Having 4 of the best players is always a great start, and roll playing is overrated: the best team will be one where any player can play any roll at anytime ...

For the record, Having 4 of the best players is always a great start, and role playing is overrated: the best team will be one where any player can play any role at anytime ...

For future use.

• Upvote (+1) 1

But do the best options for RoyBox involve Ninja?

If contrnator isn't an option, then yes their best bet is to have ninja.
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So, I am going to call this now. A to4 that didn't retain 2 players + coach will be in the Fall Pro League. 

Yeah I'm expecting a complete shitstorm regarding EG/ALG/TL/Optic that lasts all the way until the last minute of roster lock and leaves a roster spot empty.

Online LCQ to determine the last qualifying team.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For future use.

I guess I should clarify. Having players who stick to playing a specific role is overrated. Everyone on the team needs to be versatile

it would be an absolute damn crying shame if ninja had to play in an AM league all season. 

put all your ninja hate aside 

realistically. ninja is a top 6 player that is not on clg and is getting absolutely screwed over*

Huke

Snipedown

Ola

Contra

Commonly

Bubu

Cratos (let's be honest)

those to me are obviously better than Ninja.

You could make a good argument for

Mikwen

Spartan

Suspector

Stellur

Shooter

Penguin

Devon

Naded

and more

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 8

I love the bi-monthly "Ninja is getting shaded!" soap opera.

This is one of the best episodes yet!

Since we didn't get to see NV scrim much last season and they didn't win very many , much less in a dominating fashion, the money 8's last night were fun to watch. A few things really stuck out to me, CTF was impressive all of them were clearly willing and more than capable of playing the obj going back through the games they all had multiple caps. They all did work with snipe and there was little concern about which player picked it up. I had never watched his stream before but it was impressive how immediately on respawn he was looking for somebody to help and keeping his teammates alive is clearly a part of his play style. It was working the other way too if there was a callout for help it came quickly. It was funny when he had to say "whoa too much help guys" 

I was looking at NV's scrims stats last year, and they had a much better W/L in pro league than they did in scrims. In fact both EG and C9(RNG) had significantly better scrim results.

They definitely outperformed scrim results during pro-league.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Huke

Snipedown

Ola

Contra

Commonly

Bubu

Cratos (let's be honest)

those to me are obviously better than Ninja.

You could make a good argument for

Mikwen

Spartan

Suspector

Stellur

Shooter

Penguin

Devon

Naded

and more

W0uld: Ninja is not top 6 pro, not even close

He has good aim, he is good with power weapons, he is absolutely beast when hyped, he has solid communication when needed.

But in the other side he makes costantly terrible mistakes/misplays in important moments/matches. He tilts way too easy and has bad mindgame.

It's easier to name players who are not as good as Ninja. And there's only couple of them. Not gonna pull their names in here. (That would be unfair)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Since we didn't get to see NV scrim much last season and they didn't win very many , much less in a dominating fashion, the money 8's last night were fun to watch. A few things really stuck out to me, CTF was impressive all of them were clearly willing and more than capable of playing the obj going back through the games they all had multiple caps. They all did work with snipe and there was little concern about which player picked it up. I had never watched his stream before but it was impressive how immediately on respawn he was looking for somebody to help and keeping his teammates alive is clearly a part of his play style. It was working the other way too if there was a callout for help it came quickly. It was funny when he had to say "whoa too much help guys" It was also nice to see about 2K people tuned in to watch.

Those are some of the most serious 'pro 8s' I've ever seen. Some serious strat discussion.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Those are some of the most serious 'pro 8s' I've ever seen. Some serious strat discussion.  :lxthul:

One could say they're a group of really competitive guys.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja is a top 10 player and Cratos is one of the people above him? WTF am i reading. If the stars aren't aligned then Ninja consistently gets 17 deaths because he's a great gamer, but not a great Halo player. And Cratos is a good AM player unless he's surrounded by 3 quality pro players.

• Downvote (-1) 18

One could say they're a group of really competitive guys.  :simms:

I bet if they teamed for the pro league they'd do well.  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1

That sounds like a good trio.

Ryanoob has won events with both Ninja and Shooter separately, and then you add in Heinz's veteran leadership and historical success to make it all come together.

What event did Ryanoob and Ninja win together?

My takeaways from last nights nV vs Ninja/Rya/Shooter/Heinz scrim:

-The best option for Ninja at this point is Roybox + ___?

- Ryanoob played extremely poor

- nV is good, but how good? (playing a bottom of the barrel team of pros)

- Ninja gets especially tilted while playing Snip3down

Ninja is a smart guy. No way in HELL I see him teaming with the guys he was running with last night. If he's honest with himself, that t04 is not winning anything. Realistically, I see them as a 6-8th place team and fighting in a possible relegation match this next season. No inspiration or slaying power on that team. He needs to fully commit to Roybox and they need to nail down a fourth. I think VicX would be a good option since they have such a good history together and Cam is such a reliable player both on and off lan. Idk what other top options are out there besides Naded? 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What event did Ryanoob and Ninja win together?

Some halo 4 bs where half of the teams had the game early and ogre1 got reality checked

• Upvote (+1) 1

Some halo 4 bs where half of the teams had the game early and ogre1 got reality checked

Yeah that's why I was asking because that event doesn't really count.