CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Guys I contacted my physician about this prolonged erection. After telling him about the new nV roster he said it was perfectly normal.

Read the last page you're not allowed to enjoy this team or put any value in them yet. No fun allowed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Read the last page you're not allowed to enjoy this team or put any value in them yet. No fun allowed.

I'm premier now so the Ninja fanatics can cry me a salt creek.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

.... as somebody who made the opposite argument, don't jump the gun. They need to be beat CLG on the regular basis for all these moves to really matter.

This team could still be 'only' top 2, which nV or E6 could have accomplished next season without changes.

Exactly my point. These folks (the type who are negging my post, for instance) can explain the success of any team that has already proved themselves successful. NV is the opposite: completely unproven. So I'm looking for people to put some money where their mouth is and predict that they won't succeed because they just stuffed some mainslayers on one team. 

The joke is that nobody will make this bet, because most wannabe strategeologists will only try to explain a team's results once they already know the answer, like a shitty fortune teller. If NV does have success, we'll start hearing some story about how they each play an important and nuanced role, and that the team was always designed this way. The context of "the hot ticket team grabbed as much gunskill as possible" will be suppressed and spun into a more favorable narrative. Just watch.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

he said it in snipedowns chat.

Eric is talking about this roster like it is a new girlfriend. "I smirk after every game." lol

You believe something aPG said about a team change involving himself? Dude is one of the biggest twitch trolls...
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Ninja plays really well but if he gets tilted he completely changes. It happened in this series. Playing great first 3 games, then he started complaining about connection and getting shit on. He puts a mental block on himself.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So I see the team I wished/predicted is a thing but getting shit on.  :mj:  :mj:

Still think they have lots of potential.

Wait, why is @ talking to the Halo community while running a tournament and not on a roof top pretending everything is ok?

I take lunch breaks while I'm at work... I must be bad at my job. D:

• Upvote (+1) 2

new c9 is good. as much as i hate to admit it. just sucks. ninja builds these teams. recruits penguin and hammy. and winds up getting kicked off his own team. 

new c9 is good. as much as i hate to admit it. just sucks. ninja builds these teams. recruits penguin and hammy. and winds up getting kicked off his own team. 

who is new C9 right now?

edit: i don't know why I try to keep up, this shit is going to change fifty times i the next week anyway.

Since nV with Snipedown has clearly crashed and burned after half a scrim, maybe nV -Snipedown +El Town would work?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 7

Exactly my point. These folks (the type who are negging my post, for instance) can explain the success of any team that has already proved themselves successful. NV is the opposite: completely unproven. So I'm looking for people to put some money where their mouth is and predict that they won't succeed because they just stuffed some mainslayers on one team. 

The joke is that nobody will make this bet, because most wannabe strategeologists will only try to explain a team's results once they already know the answer, like a shitty fortune teller. If NV does have success, we'll start hearing some story about how they each play an important and nuanced role, and that the team was always designed this way. The context of "the hot ticket team grabbed as much gunskill as possible" will be suppressed and spun into a more favorable narrative. Just watch.

I negged you but I don't fall into that crowd you are describing. I posted that this rumored nV has a similar makeup to the old denial with Huke and that having more slayers won't be a problem in this post here

I negged you because you were being an ass

• Upvote (+1) 1

3 big quote blocks in spoiler tag, putting in spoiler just to avoid clutter.

Random thought of the day:

Man, Halo pros have to be some of the worst I've witnessed at giving / receiving criticism. There are some big "no-nos" that teams love to do. Everything is phrased as "YOU should have" or "what were YOU guys doing at this time". And it's almost always immediately after the game is over. Even worse, it's usually only with the context of one person's point of view.

This is where teams with coaches that can actually lead the post-match discussion will greatly improve over their coach-less counterparts.

Don't open your mouth to blame right after a game, note the situation you were frustrated with, confused by, or unhappy with, and bring it up DURING THE FILM WATCHING (assuming teams actually watch films, dear god I hope they do).

If anyone else watches some of the League of Legends teams' vision style series, their coach is leading every discussion. Making sure it stays constructive and the team atmosphere is open and healthy.

Disclaimer: I am a forum poster first and an unprofessional twitch stream watcher second, potentially providing a wide-sweeping generalization

I posted nearly word for word this exact suggestion in a DM to Symbolic a few months ago after months of Commonly and Ninja streams. Idk if he even tried it out or they shot it down or whatnot cuz it continued to happen. May 31st to be exact when I suggested it. Hopefully teams actually try and do this.

For anyone caring to read it:

7USBi6U.jpg

Wow I've started to type these exact words several times, but erased them because I felt I didn't have enough Esports knowledge. But this is exactly how it works on most other team sports.

It's almost completely useless to bicker about individual plays right after a game, especially when your opinion is going to be influenced by your perspective. Outside of obvious failures in execution (when the guilty party will likely already know what their mistake was), it's best to get the coaches birds-eye opinion, or collectively watch the tape.

I think these are all huge points and great posts.

I also think one thing teams (in general) should do more of when scrimming is to talk about what their opponents did well.  Sometimes you lose not because of mistakes, but because your opponents did something well.  The more you can recognize that, the more you can realize what needs to be done to succeed.  And it also helps foster a positive mindset rather than a negative ("This play was wrong.") one.

• Upvote (+1) 5