CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Except hopefully show the higher ups that MLG should be running events.

I doubt the higher ups still read posts on here sadly :( 

Twitter blow ups, Pros speaking up and petitions could do more

My 2 cents:

For EG:

I think Contra/PreDevonator or Ninja/Naded would both be great fits for Roy and Lunchbox, they really couldn't go wrong either way. Contra/PreDevonator for their play-styles and talent, and Ninja/Naded for their play-styles and age. I think the age of players often gets overlooked in these scenarios. I've noticed teammates closer in age generally do better. If Contra/PreDevonator don't get picked up they should look to pick up Rammy along with Heinz for ALG. If Ninja/Naded don't get picked up they should look to pickup Rammy along with Victory X.

For E6:

Adding Stellur or Suspector makes all the sense in the world after losing Huke. Adding Stellur or Suspector for Shooter makes little to no sense. What they think they are gaining in potential slaying prowess will not make up for what they will lose in chemistry and obj work. I only say this because they were the number two team last season, it would make sense to bring on both if they finished lower. They should add Stellur over Suspector given their respective performances last season (Stellur was top 7 in KDA last season I believe).

For C9:

I think everyone agrees this team will be money & very exciting. (Penguin, Spartan, Commonly, & Rayne if you aren't caught up).

• Upvote (+1) 2

We can go on for hours how the CoD Event is better run and MLG is better, which we all agree on btw, but in fact it does nothing to improve Halo. 

I mean, this is a forum afterall where discussion happens whether or not it makes a difference. It's a discussion thread, not a make a difference thread. 

If you want, you can start up a thread full of surveys and polls :D

• Upvote (+1) 1

So we heard it here first, supporting the only Open LANs Halo has right now ( after bitching months online how there aren't any)   is nonsense in here because it more important to still dogpile on ESL and 343 here :)

We can go on for hours how the CoD Event is better run and MLG is better, which we all agree on btw, but in fact it does nothing to improve Halo. 

I do agree that people should support the open events but I wouldn't say that complaining about things does nothing. We are the consumer these events are aimed at and if viewership dips or if they just want it to be higher in general they have to keep in mind what we like/don't like. Its basically one of two ways we can inform them that things can be/need to be different. The other option being dropping viewing Halo events because they aren't enjoyable to you.

BTW we have gone extremely far in comparison to where we were. Somehow we are slowly becoming more relevant.

3 yrs ago^

Hopefully we will continue to progress.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So we heard it here first, supporting the only Open LANs Halo has right now ( after bitching months online how there aren't any) is nonsense in here because it more important to still dogpile on ESL and 343 here :)

My $0.0002 from tuning in to those streams is not going to save Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

@ is posting on the forums during this huge event while @Chespace, doesn't even have an account, and can't be bothered to attend the NA Finals which he hosted. It really shows who cares and who doesn't

My favorite part is pros trying to rationalize me out of my rage with shit MLG did a decade ago.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I mean, this is a forum afterall where discussion happens whether or not it makes a difference. It's a discussion thread, not a make a difference thread. 

If you want, you can start up a thread full of surveys and polls :D

Very much true, just tired of the circle jerks tbh :D

I do agree that people should support the open events but I wouldn't say that complaining about things does nothing. We are the consumer these events are aimed at and if viewership dips or if they just want it to be higher in general they have to keep in mind what we like/don't like. Its basically one of two ways we can inform them that things can be/need to be different. The other option being dropping viewing Halo events because they aren't enjoyable to you.

You are absolutely right, I just think the way we complain might not be the most effective, but we wouldn't know since 343's communication with us is really spare the last months

• Upvote (+1) 3

I disagree with the whole support awfully ran and low cost production events because with growth it'll get better. Esl, 343 and Microsoft aren't some small mom and pop shop hoping to expand. They have the finances to throw great quality tournaments with time to show matches people wanna see and buy a table where you can have atleast an inch of leg room without touching handsome Barvo's thigh. I know because they have they had one lan all season and it looked worse than any qualifying events they've had. I support Halo but it's difficult to support an event when the trophy is made of molded chewing gum wrappers.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why is it whenever this optic cod wins a trophy they don't want to hold it as if it's a shit filled nappy?

Why is it whenever this optic cod wins a trophy they don't want to hold it as if it's a shit filled nappy?

Maybe it's superstition like in hockey? Only grab the the trophy that really matters?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Are there any teams that don't look awkward holding trophies after winning, in any eSport?

As i said earlier, Ninja to optic, best thing that can happen for this Esport. Get another top player in aswell, Ace is really underrated player for me. Maniac has the skill, needs a leader though.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As i said earlier, Ninja to optic, best thing that can happen for this Esport. Get another top player in aswell, Ace is really underrated player for me. Maniac has the skill, needs a leader though.

probably true, but I doubt we see Maniac and Ninja teaming lol, and idk if Optic is really looking to change their squad

Maybe it's superstition like in hockey? Only grab the the trophy that really matters?

Damn had no idea that was a thing

If we're still on the discussion of watching other non-Halo events, Rocket League Grand Finals is about to start. Production is much better than NA ESL, their spectator mode is pretty lit, and there are actually people there watching the event so it matches everything you guys like.

https://www.twitch.tv/rocketleague

• Upvote (+1) 2

EG is pretty set on Naded as there 3rd according to Ninja, so Conta/Predev seemingly won't be on that team.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Ninja just said on stream that Roybox are pretty set on Naded being their third and that Ninja is trying out. Maybe an indication that Roybox + Contranator is less likely.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Problem with that is I don't see Ninja wanting to go to Optic seeing as he wants to put himself in the best position to win. No offense to them, but if you watched Ninja's budlight spotlight on him, its what matter most. Also I think there are other things more important to Halo as an esport. 

• Upvote (+1) 3