CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Yeah, I've been watching the CoD stream. There is hype even for newcomers. 

It all comes down to money. MS/343 didn't want to pay up for MLG, so we got ESL. 

The old adage "you get what you pay for" still stands. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

MLG just has the best events/production. They should always be the first choice if given a choice. Just look at how they present everything and listen to how they discuss the game and move between series and games and then watch the last Halo event. Its looks like the difference between a grass roots/low budget tournament and a professional event

• Upvote (+1) 3

Also MLG Halo happened back then because there were tons of players and lots of viewers, not because Bungie or MS stepped in and supported the game big time for the tourneys.  

CoD also plays their new modes and doesn't try to make the tournament gametypes completely different than their MM variants, eventhough the previous games were different.  

ESL and 343 did a lot of bad stuff this season and the last years, but pretending it is all their fault when the Halo community on its own is on a decline and doesn't show up to LANs or as viewers we have ourselves also to blame. 

For starters I would love a spectator mode that is basically a blatant copy of CoD's for the next Halo game. 

For new page, because I'm sure the dogpiling of just blaming 343 will continue

edit: ofc declining MLG a run at Halo is still horrendous.

But comparing Halo and CoD is kinda weird, since CoD pulls so much more 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Which is perfectly within the rules?

Yep, it's just that holding a spot really doesn't mean anything in terms of the capability of the team. The fact that the manager controls it (aka a person who doesn't even play) just showcases how little it means. Better to be close to the manager than teammates so you don't get dropped due to shade.

Edit: example, liquid makes it through relegation only to change completely. Why even have relegation? What if at the halfway point in the league, the top and bottom teams traded two players to each other? Which squad keeps the top position? Whoever was friends with the manager.

We never got to pitch on Halo5, so that is not accurate. 

I won't pretend to know the pricing structure of MLG, but assuming MS knows what you guys charge and the general scope. 

It's like saying I will go haggle with a Porsche dealership vs a Nissan dealership. Sure Porsche didn't propose a price, but it will be no where near the Nissan. Microsoft didn't want to waste time. 

There is no other logical reason why MS would go with ESL instead of MLG. It always comes down to money for business deals. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Man I don't care who you are or what game you play, whenever the Grand Finals series gets reset, it gets hype af

• Upvote (+1) 4

Idk what he's talking about  :simms:

ve6oh5g.jpg

iidEkHe.jpg

The look on their faces has me in tears. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Roybox + Ninja and Naded will be scrimming E6 tonight (Suspector, bubu, stellur, Cratos)

• Upvote (+1) 9

I can assure you that we're not more expensive than them :)

You guys are the best

• Upvote (+1) 1

Then I am stumped. Why pay the same for a worse product....

Very odd indeed. 

Wait, why is @ talking to the Halo community while running a tournament and not on a roof top pretending everything is ok?

Passion

he just loves the halo community.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Man I don't care who you are or what game you play, whenever the Grand Finals series gets reset, it gets hype af

Who was it a few weeks ago that having 2 Bo5 back to back finals was boring/lacking hype? Uh nope. Just checked. Still Hype.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We never got to pitch on Halo5, so that is not accurate. 

Could you please make a pitch on Halo 5 now? Please.... WE WANT YOU!!!

• Upvote (+1) 2

The more you post here the more angry I get that we don't have MLG to grow the Halo scene  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Wait, why is @ talking to the Halo community while running a tournament and not on a roof top pretending everything is ok?

Because somehow Adam does it all. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have a fairly obvious question: is there anything that we can do as fans of MLG to try to convince 343 to take a look at you? I doubt there is but I would really love to know. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Roybox + Ninja and Naded will be scrimming E6 tonight (Suspector, bubu, stellur, Cratos)

Can Ninja and Naded not team plz. Tilt city.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4