CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

What is this nonsense

idk, for all the good this event was, the series formats were one big question mark. thankfully nv has to win two series but at that point you might as well do best of eleven with optic up 3-0 at the start.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This is good. Means there is a better chance nV can reset.

they still have to win six games opposed to optic's 3. one game is not that much of a difference.

It's the WB/LB system. Team from winners has to win 1 Bo5. Team from losers needs to win 2. We used this format in H2A. 

idk, for all the good this event was, the series formats were one big question mark. thankfully nv has to win two series but at that point you might as well do best of eleven with optic up 3-0 at the start.

Ah ok, by the post I thought it would litereally only be one Bo5 series, that would be trash, the system with the LB finalist needing two series is good IMO

• Upvote (+1) 2

For anyone interested: Optic vs NV finals on now. Also, Pucket

Not even a COD fan but the production for MLG Orlando has been spectacular!  The commentary & analysis is just so amazing and i'm a bit envious (no pun intended) of COD fans right now

• Upvote (+1) 1

just to clarify, im all for double elim, just want longer series in semis/finals. b05 in anything past quarters is too small.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would prefer this potential C9 roster with Ninja over Spartan tbh. Also, if Ninja does end up on EG I think Towey could have a huge impact on his game, same could also be said for Naded.

• Upvote (+1) 2

just to clarify, im all for double elim, just want longer series in semis/finals. b05 in anything past quarters is too small.

Double Elim

Bo7 Semis

Bo11 Grand Finals. 

I miss the shit out of Game 11

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm so torn on who to root for this season. D:

If we're being honest, how many of these teams are gonna stick for the next 19(?) days? I'd bet on new NV barring a terrible showing in scrims. Every other team (other than CLG, obviously) seems like it has potential to blow up and start the shitstorm over.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Can anyone give a quick summary of how teams are looking right now? on back shift can barely even send this.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Theyre all friends, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume this roster will be 90% set in stone. 

Solid roster too (Bubu, Suspector, Cratos, Stellur)

• Upvote (+1) 4

Can anyone give a quick summary of how teams are looking right now? on back shift can barely even send this.

CLG - Same

nv - Mikwen, Ola, Snipedown, Huke

e6 - Cratos, bubu, stellur, suspector

c9 - Commonly, Penguin, Rayne, Spartan 

---------------------------------------------------

EG - Roy, Lunchbox, ???, ??? - Playing with Ninja and Naded tonight, played with Naded/Penguin last night, played with Contra/Dev earlier

Liquid - Eco, Danoxide, ???, ??? - Someone rumored Maniac would team with Eco. eL ToWn will probably end up here.

ALG - Contra and Dev have been playing with Rammy. 

Optic - Same (so far). 

Lots of things unconfirmed. No Idea what's gonna happen to Heinz, Ryan, Shooter, and Victory X. Maybe they'll form their own team. Who knows. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

No idea in what world it makes sense to drop Shooter...  I would argue the same squad but Shooter in the place of Cratos would be way better

• Upvote (+1) 3

So, we have some damn good teams, all viable for top 4 right now (keep in mind, everything can change in 3 weeks):

nV: Snipedown Huke Ola Mikwen

E6: Suspector, Bubu, Cratos, Stellur

C9: Penguin, Commonly, Rayne, Spartan (Excited for this one)

This would put Shooter on the F/A market. Any guesses where he'd land?

Could go to ALG if Contra and Devon don't go to EG. 

Liquid with Danoxide and Eco possibly. 

Theyre all friends, so I'm gonna go ahead and assume this roster will be 90% set in stone. 

Solid roster too (Bubu, Suspector, Cratos, Stellur)

ughh Why Cratos duuude?
lame

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

This would put Shooter on the F/A market. Any guesses where he'd land?

Before Ninja said he was going to run games with EG, I was theorizing an Optic roster of Ace, Ninja, Victory X, and Shooter. That might make them lose their league spot, but could be worth it. 

Otherwise I can see him most likely on ALG alongside Contra/Dev/Rammy. 

Can't believe E6 would drop Shooter after the event he just had, but guessing Suspector's insisting on Stellur (they teamed w/ Randa & Munoz for a while early in H5).

I want EG Contra/Dev to happen so Ryanoob/Heinz keep their league spot. Maybe we could see a Warriors reunion with Ninja joining? Add in Shooter, and it'd be a good squad to watch.

• Upvote (+1) 1