CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Ive been lurking for the best part of 6 months.

Im breaking that silence to say, this "sources" thing is getting out of hand. Stop it. :walshy:

On topic, damn nV looks beast. Ola and Eric on the same team, im in! 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

we have two weeks, c9 will be running with both teams to figure out which one is best, might even try different variations

ninja hammy penguin rayne

ninja victory penguin rayne

victory penguin hammy rayne

spartan hammy penguin rayne

ninja spartan hammy penguin

etc.

imo i would like to see rayguin with roybox run a scrim.

• Downvote (-1) 1

This was a 10/10 use of the word "daft".

I like that there was no question mark after "are you daft!"

• Upvote (+1) 1

Rayneguin doesnt have an interest in roybox I think

Probably contra/dev on EG

IMO, these types of moves need to happen in order for teams to beat CLG.

Fuck loyalty.

I don't think this NV squad will beat them though. Mikwen/Snipedown/bubu/huke would be better IMO.

Also I think Spartan/stellar/commonly/penguin would be good too.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 5

You'd need one of the other 3 current members to retain the spot.

Does Optic care that much about an eighth place league spot? 

I mean, probably, since they needed to get carried to get that spot anyway and probably aren't good enough to get it back. But if Hecz dropped his league spot in favor of Ninja, Vic, and Shooter (hypothetically), Optic would for sure get that spot back and more. 

• Downvote (-1) 3

Does Optic care that much about an eight place league spot?

I mean, probably, since they needed to get carried to get that spot anyway and probably aren't good enough to get it back. But if Hecz dropped his league spot in favor of Ninja, Vic, and Shooter (hypothetically), Optic would for sure get that spot back and more.

I'd probably take an 8th seed over being out of the pro league.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think if this nV team sticks it out until roster lock, they will probably be easily the second best team, while having the best shot at challenging for 1st. While other teams are searching for that combination, nV will have a set team and would have probably have scrimmed CLG a couple of times leading up to roster lock. My only "fear" is that with so much time until rosters lock, one of the players on nV gets a really enticing offer that they just have to explore. While Snip3down seems to be committed to nV, I am not sold on Huke yet. For all we know, next week we could see Huku Dubu duo playing with the RoyBox twins and everything is up in the air again. 

A super exciting fact about this team is the fact that they have 4 of the best players NOT on CLG. I have Huke as top 5, Ola, Snip3down and Mikwen are all arguably top 10 players. Can't wait to watch them play on @@Snip3down stream tonight  :kappa: . Ola better be done "recovering" too. 

On a more fun note: I find it funny when a team that the forum comes up with as a team that can challenge CLG (Huke Snip3down Ola Mikwen) actually forms. We better not have been wrong about this team being able to take CLG down boyyzzzz  :kappa:

Does Optic care that much about an eight place league spot? 

Throw Ace in there and that squad has potential to be dirty.

• Upvote (+1) 1

hecz wont drop his friend maniac probably.

I'd probably take an 8th seed over being out of the pro league.

If they lost their spot, who would that spot go to? I always assumed there would be another LCQ played for it, but if it's just straight up handed over to a different team, then I can see an issue with it. 

That was the original prediction, haha! Ace, Ninja, Victory X, Shooter. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

All i know is the clg v nv series on lan will replace the void of eg v clg series (personally my favorite halo rivalry as i got to experience it at its peak).

Still sticking with clg but best of luck to the new nv squad (especially now since i can root for huke without it benefiting cratos lol).

Does Optic care that much about an eighth place league spot? 

Fair point, but Hecz has said in Vision that if OpTic isn't in the pro league there isn't a reason for them to have a Halo Team

• Upvote (+1) 1

(personally my favorite halo rivalry as i got to experience it at its peak).

That's gotta be Str8 Rippin vs Triggers Down for me. I would say Final Boss vs Carbon but that was slightly before my time. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I think EG's best chance now is Contra and Devon.

Rayneguin isn't interested anymore.

For E6, it's the best team they can make IMO (of course, Cratos won't get kicked over Shooter)

Suspector, Stellur, Bubu, Cratos. Not a bad squad and best they can do tbh

So, we can see something like this:

CLG: (same)

nV: Snipedown, Mikwen, Ola, Huke

E6: Stellur, Bubu, Cratos, Suspector

C9: Kory has a tough decision to make, he can choose 1 of 2 things: 

1) Ninja, VicX, Spartan, Hamy

2) Penguin, Rayne, Spartan, Hamy 

It's a no brainer for me (#2), but I think he's gonna stick with Cam and Ninja, unfortunately. 

EG: Roy, Lunch, Contra, Devon

ALG: Heinz, Ryanoob, Rammy, Naded? Best option, IMO

Liquid: Eco, Danoxide + 2. Not sure who they'll choose, but they'll need to stick to keep the league spot. Don't think Liquid will end up well. Could try out Shooter.

Optic: Idk man. They're fucked lol

hecz wont drop his friend maniac probably.

He's dropped his friends before. Mboze comes to mind. 

IMO Maniac needs to be dropped and move back home. His gaming mindset went to shit as soon as he left Noble Black for Optic Gaming. 

Fair point, but Hecz has said in Vision that if OpTic isn't in the pro league there isn't a reason for them to have a Halo Team

I was always under the assumption that a team that loses its pro league spot due to team changes would have a chance to play for it again, but I may be wrong. If they do have that chance, then I think it would be way more worth it for Hecz to temporarily lose the spot for a potentially better team than to have a shitty team hold that spot. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

One squad that I would love to see come out of this rostermania:

Roybox/Naded/Bubu

Roybox aren't going to get anywhere with Contra and Devon, I don't even know what the point of that squad is.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think EG's best chance now is Contra and Devon.

Rayneguin isn't interested anymore.

For E6, it's the best team they can make IMO (of course, Cratos won't get kicked over Shooter)

Suspector, Stellur, Bubu, Cratos. Not a bad squad and best they can do tbh

So, we can see something like this:

CLG: (same)

nV: Snipedown, Mikwen, Ola, Huke

E6: Stellur, Bubu, Cratos, Suspector

C9: Kory has a tough decision to make, he can choose 1 of 2 things: 

1) Ninja, VicX, Spartan, Hamy

2) Penguin, Rayne, Spartan, Hamy 

It's a no brainer for me (#2), but I think he's gonna stick with Cam and Ninja, unfortunately. 

EG: Roy, Lunch, Contra, Devon

ALG: Heinz, Ryanoob, Rammy, Naded? Best option, IMO

Liquid: Eco, Danoxide + 2. Not sure who they'll choose, but they'll need to stick to keep the league spot. Don't think Liquid will end up well. Could try out Shooter.

Optic: Idk man. They're fucked lol

Why would e6 drop Shooter?

Agree with lots of these, but I see Stellur staying at Liquid and Shooter staying at e6

• Downvote (-1) 1

Agree with lots of these, but I see Stellur staying at Liquid and Shooter staying at e6

Well, they already played with the roster in MM last night:

Cratos, Suspector, Bubu, Stellur

Doubt Stellur would choose Eco over those 3, tbh. 

I don't know why e6 would drop Shooter, he's amazing at the game, but Cratos/bubu/Stellur/Suspector were running games last night after every team imploded. 

That's gotta be Str8 Rippin vs Triggers Down for me. I would say Final Boss vs Carbon but that was slightly before my time.

For me both of those were before my time as i didnt get into comp until the tail end of reach even though ive been playing since ce. I did watch the youtube vids but its not the same as being there for it.

I will say its great to have snipedown, ola and mikwen all back in the top 2 mix, especially ola and mikwen. @@Mikwen i still remember you coming so close back in the denial h2a days. You always were a fighter on and off the controller.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well, they already played with the roster in MM last night:

Cratos, Suspector, Bubu, Stellur

Doubt Stellur would choose Eco over those 3, tbh. 

I don't know why e6 would drop Shooter, he's amazing at the game, but Cratos/bubu/Stellur/Suspector were running games last night after every team imploded. 

I stand corrected. Seems like an odd decision (like making a change just to make a change) but okay I guess.

I stand corrected. Seems like an odd decision (like making a change just to make a change) but okay I guess.

here's how it went down in my ignorant mind: 

>Cratos (seriously/jokingly) texts Suspector "hey man" during that prank video

>later that day Huke tells them he's tryna leave

>Cratos texts suspector again

>Suspector was running games with eL ToWn, Eco, and Stellur

>"yo this kid stellur is alright, let's run games with him too"

>"eh, alright, everything's fucked anyway" 

This team is scary. Cratos has placed second at Worlds with Suspector and at the Pro League finals with Bubu. Stellur, in my opinion, has always been held back by the teams he finds himself on (optic, liquid - RNG was fine). I hope he shines on this squad (if it becomes official)

here's how it went down in my ignorant mind: 

>Cratos (seriously/jokingly) texts Suspector "hey man" during that prank video

>later that day Huke tells them he's tryna leave

>Cratos texts suspector again

>Suspector was running games with eL ToWn, Eco, and Stellur

>"yo this kid stellur is alright, let's run games with him too"

>"eh, alright, everything's fucked anyway" 

This team is scary. Cratos has placed second at Worlds with Suspector and at the Pro League finals with Bubu. Stellur, in my opinion, has always been held back by the teams he finds himself on (optic, liquid - RNG was fine). I hope he shines on this squad (if it becomes official)

Flaw: Suspector was running games with Penguin, Eco, and Stellur last night. :p

• Upvote (+1) 2