CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If nV takes more than 3 games off CLG in 13/14 I'll be shocked. There's no way CLG doesn't come out ready to play and there's no way nV is polished enough.

The earliest the scrim will be is Wednesday with CLG's "break", no?

The most we can hope for, imo, is both teams only drop a series to eachother in season play (and even that is a pretty huge leap) and then a showdown on LAN.

Aww shit, I'm on the hypetrain and pretending like I'm being level headed.

every sport in existence has roster change periods in between seasons...............

i guess asking 2 of the best players to team with you is shady  :thinking:

if YOU want halo to be taken seriously then we need some parity, CLG "is killing halo"

Agreed though I can tell you it was a consensus decision among the other people involved it wasn't a Mikwen decision.  

• Upvote (+1) 6

Agreed though I can tell you it was a consensus decision among the other people involved it wasn't a Mikwen decision.  

Only part I would like to know is who reached out to who about it(aka. if Huke reached out to nV or the opposite)?  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Every move I've ever made was to stay with Ola and nV. Not sure why S1 H2A is being brought up, Cloud left our team then we picked up Richie, asked apg he said no, then maniac went to optic and we picked apg up.

Just weird that "shady" gets thrown around alot when nobody knows what really happens, especially when all my "shady" moves have been extremely loyal to Ola and the nV brand.

If you'd like to me go into the worlds thread to find the 3-5 pages of you defending your decisions I'd be more than happy to show you *nails emoji* I have no problem with creating teams to try to beat CLG. I welcome it. It's just you happen to be a common denominator when it comes to shady stuff. Again, no problem with what you do. I respect your competition, I just don't respect your integrity.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 16

If you'd like to me go into the worlds thread to find the 3-5 pages of you defending your decisions I'd be more than happy to show you *nails emoji* I have no problem with creating teams to try to beat CLG. I welcome it. It's just you happen to be a common denominator when it comes to shady stuff. Again, no problem with what you do. I respect your competition, I just don't respect your integrity.

Again you are acting like Mikwen has gone to sabotage teams on purpose or that he is constantly breaking up teams. He's had to make some very tough and big decisions but as he has said he has been trying to do his best to stay with Ola and nV. I would understand shade if he had joined and left to intentionally fuck people over, but that's not the case.

Edit. ^ beaten by the man himself

Its silly that anything is even being brought up as "shady" when we're weeks away from roster locks and apparently everyone already knows.

• Upvote (+1) 9

i wasn't defending anything, i was explaining what happened since nobody knew.

you brought up liquid, i left them before we ever played or the game released AND helped them find a 4th, they also started off H5 VERY strong (eco)

The first nV team crumbled due to out of game shit that nobody will ever know, but so be it.

after that everyone was shuffling when TJ left, Ola and I couldn't find a team, RNG reached out so I ran with them and told them I was gonna join. This was the shadiest move I made, but I legitimately didn't expect to wake up to a text from Ola offering me a team. Who cares if the decisions were right or wrong, I've had Ola's back since day 1 of H5, and always put my neck out there for him and the nV brand.

I took all the heat because it really doesn't matter, but being called shady when it's actually loyalty that's a major catalyst in these decisions seems a bit backwards.

Insulting my integrity is cool too :)

I was there, I don't know many players that would get a text from Pistola asking them if they want to join him and the GOAT and say no. And yes when others felt Ola was washed you two circled the wagons. I know how fond of Tim you were and how this shit keeps you up at night , the easier choice would have been to not make the change based on personal feelings. I think alot of people think you just made the change and called up the other guys and said "Hey I decided to swap Huke in for Rayne" when I know that it doesnt work that way, the idea is floated and its a GROUP decision.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Off topic but new sig for fans of Jeenyus' Fudge Pacmayne series 

inb4 banned  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

I was there, I don't know many players that would get a text from Pistola asking them if they want to join him and the GOAT and say no. And yes when others felt Ola was washed you two circled the wagons. I know how fond of Tim you were and how this shit keeps you up at night , the easier choice would have been to not make the change based on personal feelings. I think a lot of people think you just made the change and called up the other guys and said "Hey I decided to swap Huke in for Rayne" when I know that it doesnt work that way, the idea is floated and its a GROUP decision.

Of course, only Mackeo would do shit like that.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I can't help but laugh at optic. There really seems to be no motivation to get better or make the necessary decisions and moves to put themselves in a better position. It's as if they are purposely putting themselves in bad situations so that they have those to blame when they fail. Reminds me of a song lyric "a million times a day I try to fail or fail to try. It's an easy way to live, it's a lifeless way to die".

32 teams signed up for an AM online tournament here in Colombia like 1 month ago. Where is our Pro League?

Oh, nvm, comp Halo is ESL, they don't care about us :simms:

i think you guys are very deserving as well

every region has proven imo it can handle a pro league besides asia 

• Upvote (+1) 3

so.

if hammy and penguin are gonna team with spartan and rayne.

does that mean ninja and victory x lose the c9 pro league spot? 

if that is the case, wow.. i wonder what options ninja could have. alg has that spot open so ninja and company (probably naded and stellur/eco/danoxide/suspector/rammy) could fill the ALG spot left open by contra and dev.

right?

• Downvote (-1) 7

No move looks shady until a team actually puts up a legit fight against CLG.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

so.

if that is the case, wow.. i wonder what options ninja could have. alg has that spot open so ninja and company (probably naded and stellur/eco/danoxide/suspector/rammy) could fill the ALG spot left open by contra and dev.

right?

Symbolic holds(decides who gets it) the pro league spot, so it doesn't mean that unless he/C9 gives the spot to Hammy & co.

And, Stellur & Eco got their own pro league spot with TL.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

so.

right?

The org doesn't hold the spot, players do. If contra/dev join EG, then anyone wanting the "ALG" spot would need to team with RyaNoob and Heinz.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Symbolic holds(decides who gets it) the pro league spot, so it doesn't mean that unless he/C9 gives the spot to Hammy & co.

And, Stellur & Eco got their own pro league spot with TL.

The two players holding Liquid's spot aren't decided yet.

The part I hate about rostermania is being woken up by phone calls in morning hours to talk about rostermania.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm a Ninja fan, but being honest:

Even if H1Z1 somehow made him a better player, I doubt other people who are spending way more hours in H5 grinding are going to want to team him with him just because of that mentality difference. Ninja is making a career decision there, I'm not sure it's possible for him to be the absolute best he can be in both games at once. If he gets screwed here, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he just goes all-in H1 at that point, since it's just better for his stream.

Also people who prefer Commonly over Ninja on C9, can you elaborate why? Ninja seems to have superior stats and attitude. Love penguin though, always enjoyed seeing him randomly get AR double kills.

• Downvote (-1) 3