CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

My secret hope is that Snipedown is only playing with NV to try to lure Pistola back to EG.

That'd be a full WWE Heel turn. "OH MY GAWWWD OLA NO"

I wasn't talking about peoples predictions I was just trying to piece stuff together in my own head about what people might be trying to do. 

nV - Snipedown Mikwen Ola Rayne

Liquid - Stellur Suspector Eco Eltown?? maybe they keep Spartan? 

ALG - Contra Devon Commonly Penguin

C9/Whatever - Ninja Victory ????????? I dont fkn know

EG - Roybox ???? 

Wild Card players - Heinz, Ryanoob, Rammy, Danoxide, Spartan

This liquid roster with spartan instead of suspector was already attempted and fell apart in like a week. So. meh. maybe. But the Suspector El Town duo has history. Could work like that. 

Havent been up to date with all of the pros, but anyone know if Chig or Assault is still around the top 8 team roster discussion?

Accidental neg. My bad

Can pro league nights start earlier for season 2? The final match starting at midnight EST, or later, is not the best.

• Upvote (+1) 3

So Ogre 1's 41-0 is the best thing ever and it had radar but everything now is trash because of radar? Times have changed  :kappa:

If you keep this up they'll bring back MLG Zanzibar :uncledrew:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Can pro league nights start earlier for season 2? The final match starting at midnight EST, or later, is not the best.

The first match also starts near midnight on GMT / CEST, a couple of hours would go a long way or even just a single hour with the first match starting in a timely manner.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm gonna make a wild guess that Rammy/Cloud go to EG, since Rammy is kind of a young god and Cloud has the Instinct connection. Ninja and Vic x will be in a tough spot, but I could see Ryanoob and a 4th making some sense. Goofy could fit well even though he didn't do the best in pro-league. Randa could be another option.

• Downvote (-1) 3

Watching a Flamesword video, he's said twice now that nothing starts back up, pro league wise, until September. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I'm gonna make a wild guess that Rammy/Cloud go to EG, since Rammy is kind of a young god and Cloud has the Instinct connection. Ninja and Vic x will be in a tough spot, but I could see Ryanoob and a 4th making some sense. Goofy could fit well even though he didn't do the best in pro-league. Randa could be another option.

Ninja Ryanoob and Randa all on 1 team.. I can feel the personality clashes through my computer :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Ninja Ryanoob and Randa all on 1 team.. I can feel the personality clashes through my computer :lxthul:

All they need to make it work is a little Derskitivity.

• Upvote (+1) 1

What? You reallly think they're content competing for second? Bubu and Huke need to take advantage of their stock being so high and at least try to put together a team that can challenge CLG.

I really doubt they're content with that. I also think they believe they can compete for first. Considering their upward trajectory, who are we to say they can't at this point?

Why do you think this considering their current roster have no chance of beating CLG?

Besides that one time they did, right? The only team that has since the X-Games, in fact?

E6 not making changes is complacency at its finest. They were lucky to even get second.. they struggled in every series they played at champs, then squeaked by to get man-handled by CLG in the finals. That final series was over before it even started

"Lucky" to get second? The team that finished second in the league, is the only team to beat CLG since the X-Games, and, despite some sweaty games, still managed to beat out everyone else for second in the LAN finals as well?

Look, I'm no fortune-teller, but... we all have the capacity to remember things that happened before last weekend, right? Everyone keeps saying that E6 has no potential, can't beat CLG, needs to blow up, while other teams are supposedly close, maybe only need one roster upgrade....

THE DATA DOES NOT SUPPORT THIS

Again, I can't tell the future, but this forum makes E6 look like they barely escaped relegation. The body of data and results that we have starts with E6 looking horrible at PAX, inconsistent in beginning of season, followed by hardcore grinding and a string of team wins that ends with being the ONLY team to beat CLG during regular season and a 2nd place finish in both regular season and finals. If you want to talk about potential, their projection so far has been the definition of a steady, upward climb. We have very little data to definitively say they've hit their limit and can't continue to improve.

For you visual learners:

canstock8104139.jpg

/endrant

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Spartan and Danoxide to C9 is my guess right now, looking at the available options.

I wouldn't hate it. 

I really doubt they're content with that. I also think they believe they can compete for first. Considering their upward trajectory, who are we to say they can't at this point?

Besides that one time they did, right? The only team that has since the X-Games, in fact?

"Lucky" to get second? The team that finished second in the league, is the only team to beat CLG since the X-Games, and, despite some sweaty games, still managed to beat out everyone else for second in the LAN finals as well?

Look, I'm no fortune-teller, but... we all have the capacity to remember things that happened before last weekend, right? Everyone keeps saying that E6 has no potential, can't beat CLG, needs to blow up, while other teams are supposedly close, maybe only need one roster upgrade....

Again, I can't tell the future, but this forum makes E6 look like they barely escaped relegation. The body of data and results that we have starts with E6 looking horrible at PAX, inconsistent in beginning of season, followed by hardcore grinding and a string of team wins that ends with being the ONLY team to beat CLG during regular season and a 2nd place finish in both regular season and finals. If you want to talk about potential, their projection so far has been the definition of a steady, upward climb. We have very little data to definitively say they've hit their limit and can't continue to improve.

For you visual learners:

canstock8104139.jpg

/endrant

No, they have 0 shot of beating CLG  with this roster.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Spartan and Danoxide to C9 is my guess right now, looking at the available options.

If Spartan eaves liquid he's doing so for a better option as a solo pickup.

"Who has the worst shot in the HCS scene?"

My takeaways from this...

1) I guess Randa is bad with all weapons (LANda rockets and snipe now pistol)

2) Tashi says out "BRed". BR starts confirmed

3) Ace takes another nap

• Upvote (+1) 1

My takeaways from this...

1) I guess Randa is bad with all weapons (LANda rockets and snipe now pistol)

Last time I played him he was trying to win champ-level arena games without shooting. At least his grenades are really good.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Last time I played him he was trying to win champ-level arena games without shooting. At least his grenades are really good.

I'm a fan of anyone who does things like that.

Play an entire game without getting a kill. Do damage, but don't get kills.

See what you have to do to win as the most vicious of all 0-kill players:

The Canadian Goose.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who are the consensus 4 best players not on CLG?

Huke

Bubu

Snipedown

Contra

??

Wouldn't logic dictate that they should form a team then if people actually want to make money and not just play for second place?

I'd hardly say there's a consensus at all. I personally think Ola is better than Bubu

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is anyone going to that Chattanooga event? I might just to play in FFA since its only a couple hours from me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For you visual learners:

canstock8104139.jpg

/endrant

Season one finals showed me one thing, which is that there still isn't a team even close to touching CLG.

So, E6 beat CLG one time, online, with a sick Royal 2. I'm going to put that down as a one-time fluke considering their lack-luster performance against CLG in the finals at a live event where it all mattered. 

You're right that they might get better but I'm gonna put E6's ceiling well below where CLG currently is.

IMO NV has the right idea and it looks like a few other teams are going to follow suit. So, I'm expecting E6 to get jumped by at least 1 or 2 teams for that second place spot in season 2.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1