CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why not give 1/2 a bye, and have 3v6, 4v5?

I just find it more exciting if they have to start in losers. Plus it's a significant advantage to get a top 4 seed

I want to remain loyal to EG but at the same time i'm a bit afraid of an unfavorable roster being formed. Not trying to throw any shade at Roy & Lunchbox, but i'm a bit skeptical as to who would want to team with the twins at this point in their careers?

Why not give 1/2 a bye, and have 3v6, 4v5?

This makes more sense. Starting a team in losers' defeats the whole purpose of double elim, in the same way that the whole "grand finals should be reset" does. That being said, giving more opportunity for lower seeds to 'warm up' than to upper seeds seems iffy. This isn't physical sports where someone with a bye has the advantage of not being tired out. 

I want to remain loyal to EG but at the same time i'm a bit afraid of an unfavorable roster being formed. Not trying to throw any shade at Roy & Lunchbox, but i'm a bit skeptical as to who would want to team with the twins at this point in their careers?

Well the fact that they aren't gaming now tells me that they still believe they have a strong pull. They should honestly be trying players out now instead of picking up players out of pure gut feelings like they did the last two roster changes.

This makes more sense. Starting a team in losers' defeats the whole purpose of double elim, in the same way that the whole "grand finals should be reset" does. That being said, giving more opportunity for lower seeds to 'warm up' than to upper seeds seems iffy. This isn't physical sports where someone with a bye has the advantage of not being tired out.

It doesn't defeat the purpose. It gives them an opportunity they otherwise would not have. It also makes it more important to have a top-four seed. I agree but don't really mean anything so this is more effective.

thats what you think

in a long tournament ala MLG I'd agree, but in a tiny little thing like this, I don't think there is much to tire out from.

I mean, I'll probably root for Snipedowns team, but, Roy and Lunch are still really fucking good.

You make it seem like theyre the fucking suddoths.

They still kill it, just had 1 rough season...

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

S8W3V0y.png

I wish someone would look at me that way Bravo looks at Simms

• Upvote (+1) 6

S8W3V0y.png

I wish someone would look at me that way Bravo looks at Simms

Something so weird about that picture... Like Simm's face if photoshopped on a different guys body.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It doesn't defeat the purpose. It gives them an opportunity they otherwise would not have. It also makes it more important to have a top-four seed. I agree but don't really mean anything so this is more effective.

It doesn't really change the importance of getting a top four seed. It's already pretty damn important right now. If anything it's less important cause you can get 5th/6th and still make LAN, unlike the current format. However, 1st/2nd place getting a bye actually rewards the top two teams with something they wouldn't be getting under the current format.

He was playing matchmaking with Mikwen and Ola just a couple weeks ago.. lol.

Edit: And now he is running games with 3/4 of nV!

I need to rehydrate...

Is this was Magic felt like when he cured his AIDS with money?

Prepare for everyone's old tweets

I was just trolling.. I didn't mean for everyone else to start doing  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was just trolling.. I didn't mean for everyone else to start doing  :mj:

You're 3/4ths not though