CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Exactly, these teams don't put in the same amount of work as the best team in the game. What do they expect? Roster changes might help in some cases, but IMO each of the top 4 had completely sound rosters they just don't put in the practice that CLG does. If you aren't scrimming a full series 3-4 times a week you are doing it wrong.

I remember one day someone posted a screenshot of all the teams scrims and CLG had played more series than the other top 4 teams combined.

What's up with ppl trying to put together those full slayer god squads ? It doesn't work that way. Top slayers need support for them to really shine. We have recently seen similar god squad and it failed miserably.

If you cant slay with CLG you are going to get destroyed. 

The talent pool is really bad atm but what else are players suppose to do. Cant have obvious weak links on your team going up against CLG with no weak links. 

We say a lot of people are underrated, but who would you guys say are the most overrated halo players?

Players or Pros? I'm going to assume you mean pros.

Naded and Ninja to name a couple.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean, they got pretty lucky with their group at cologne, and even luckier they didn't have to face sk in the finals at eleague.

Increasing the size of the league to accommodate a relegated team through fan vote is stupid.

If optic had been relegated last weekend then suddenly pro league was 9 teams and it was a vote between optic, denial, and elevate, would that really be fair?

Just because they played well for 2 months in the last year to win a tournament, in which they didn't face the #1 team in the world when they would have, doesn't mean they should be given yet another second chance determined by fan vote. Just because you are considered a good team, doesn't mean you don't have to earn your placements.

You're making excuses for results and assuming the motivations of ESL. Also as I've already explained the talent is strong enough in CS that you don't have to beat #1 to actually achieve something in that game.

It's just a simple and easy way of expanding the league, known talent that have to face off to get in. Much in the same way that we had that 4 way LAN to determine the second Pro League spot that was supposed to go to ALG - it's a simple solution to a simple problem.

OT- nV / E6 could probably swap out 1 player for a benefit.

Hot take: I don't think nV should make a change unless they can get Snipedown, and even then I wouldn't necessary advocate for it. eL Town is a really solid player that makes good decisions. Something that in H5 seems especially important, which leads me into...

Hotter take: Mikwen might be "the problem", he is undoubtedly one of the premier slayers in this game, but what makes him so good is also what costs him and his team a lot of games. With no factual basis for this stat; I think he averages 15+ (aka hyperbole) deaths a slayer game, win or lose. He can, and does, go for 40 kills a game but he also can flat out lose you games that get decided in split second decisions. I don't think its something that can't be corrected, and I think you need a player of his upside to even start talking about challenging CLG.

Bonus fact: antarctic penguin species have no fear of humans because they have no natural predators on land.

Could be true about Mikwen. I'm not sure who it was against but Mikwen did a very stupid push on at the end of a Eden slayer game, rushed like 3 people, lost sniper which lost them the game. 

Exactly, these teams don't put in the same amount of work as the best team in the game. What do they expect? Roster changes might help in some cases, but IMO each of the top 4 had completely sound rosters they just don't put in the practice that CLG does. If you aren't scrimming a full series 3-4 times a week you are doing it wrong.

That's right.

A roster change will give you a better team on paper. But games aren't played on paper.... Practice and Study are the only sure ways too see improvement.

On the subject of practice: I wonder how many teams ever run drills to help improve individual skills.

Players or Pros? I'm going to assume you mean pros.

Naded and Ninja to name a couple.

Pros. Definitely agree with Naded. I'm not sure if I'd say Ninja is overrated by many people (other than by some of his delusional twitch followers).

• Upvote (+1) 2

Could be true about Mikwen. I'm not sure who it was against but Mikwen did a very stupid push on at the end of a Eden slayer game, rushed like 3 people, lost sniper which lost them the game. 

If you're talking about the Eden slayer game against CLG, that was like 4-5 kills into the game after they got a 4-0 start and all the weapons, not the end.

The reason these 'god squads' are being posted is simple:

Shooter is not as good as any of the players on CLG. Either is Cratos. You can argue Huke and maybe Bubu.

Rayne is not as good as any of the players on CLG. Either is el Town. You can argue maybe Mikwen and Ola.

Ninja is not as good as any of the players on CLG. Either is Vic X. You can argue maybe Hammy and stretch yourself to Penguin.

You can argue teamwork, practice, and so on but it will only take you so far.

But most if not all those players are an integral part of what makes their current teams good. Halo is not as simple as plugging in a new supposed better player and seeing instant results. Suspector was the hottest player after Worlds, and look how that turned out. You are saying Shooter is the weakest player on E6 while all his teammates are praising how well he played this weekend...

• Upvote (+1) 3

I've said this before, but I believe it's a combination of both. They need to scrim every night, just like CLG does. Play every day, just like CLG does. However I think roster changes are necessary because teams do indeed plateau, and there's no good in being consistently weaker than CLG.

We need more Shady Halo Kids.™

If you're talking about the Eden slayer game against CLG, that was like 4-5 kills into the game after they got a 4-0 start and all the weapons, not the end.

It was both, though the time at the end of the game didn't involve a Sniper -- he pushed deep into Red, way ahead of his teammates and got iso'd at Red Cat before his teammates could react to help him.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Other than Naded and Rammy, who are potential FAs who could be picked up for S2 and bump someone out of Pro League?

It was both, though the time at the end of the game didn't involve a Sniper -- he pushed deep into Red, way ahead of his teammates and got iso'd at Red Cat before his teammates could react to help him.

Gotcha. I specifically remembered the sniper push at the beginning because el town recently mentioned it on the pit. I forgot about his push at the end.

I agree that PRACTICE is the most important thing. Why can't any team but CLG seem to play more then 2-3 times a week?

• Upvote (+1) 1

They had also played the previous 4 slayers against E6 slower and more by the book and just weren't getting it done ...E6 was slaying as a team better, he most likely felt he had to take a risk and take control of the game for them to have any chance of winning it so he doubled down.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The reason these 'god squads' are being posted is simple:

Shooter is not as good as any of the players on CLG. Either is Cratos. You can argue Huke and maybe Bubu.

Rayne is not as good as any of the players on CLG. Either is el Town. You can argue maybe Mikwen and Ola.

Ninja is not as good as any of the players on CLG. Either is Vic X. You can argue maybe Hammy and stretch yourself to Penguin.

You can argue teamwork, practice, and so on but it will only take you so far.

Teamwork and practice is GUARUNTEED to get you further than hoping your new team will have the skill, work ethic, and cohesion to topple the king.

This is a video game. CLG aren't god tier simply because of their genetics. They are so good because they practice and study more than just about everyone. Simply assembling the 4 guys with the best stats isn't going to counter that.

• Upvote (+1) 3

They had also played the previous 4 slayers against E6 slower and more by the book and just weren't getting it done ...E6 was slaying as a team better, he most likely felt he had to take a risk and take control of the game for them to have any chance of winning it so he doubled down.

We're talking about the Pro League week where nV choked the 46-40

E6? I was talking about the CLG game where they choked during pro league. I think we're talking about two different scenarios. 

I dont think MLG will become a factor, and I think ESL can fix the mistakes that were made through S1...

BUT to answer this question, I dont think the casters are salaried or contractual employees of ESL, rather freelance/per job casters. 

I think it will reach a point where MLG will host Opens, and ESL runs the rest, just like in Call of Duty.

If anyone still keeps up with the Sudds, Sudd 2 is still sick :(

So awful and best wishes to him and Sudd1. I can't imagine having my sibling go through let that alone a twin.

• Upvote (+1) 5

But most if not all those players are an integral part of what makes their current teams good. Halo is not as simple as plugging in a new supposed better player and seeing instant results. Suspector was the hottest player after Worlds, and look how that turned out. You are saying Shooter is the weakest player on E6 while all his teammates are praising how well he played this weekend...

I never said Shooter is the weakest player on E6. He just isn't at the same level as anybody on CLG. Either is Cratos. If Lethul retired to go play minor league baseball and CLG picked up either of those two players, it'd be an obvious downgrade.

More importantly, I fully realize its not just plugging players in but you have to realize practice and singing songs around a campfire are only going to help a team so much. The current rosters out there will not dethrone CLG... if players want to consistently beat them and make dat life changing money, they have to make a move.

edit: you are spot on with Suspector. Making a move doesn't guarantee anything and it can blow up in a teams face.

• Upvote (+1) 2

If Lethul retired to go play minor league baseball and CLG picked up either of those two players, it'd be an obvious downgrade.

Yeah, but then we'd get Space Jam: Halo Edition.

• Upvote (+1) 5