CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Sup gents! Hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the finals, I personally want to thank this community for been incredible and the ongoing support. Massive shout out to the TB team for the coverage and dedication to the halo esports scene, I appreciate the time an effort you guys go to working on the forums and keeping the community up to date with the pro league and a place to call home.

I personally am proud of what's been achieved with the summer season both EU and NA, we had a great season with some stupidly good action and incredible finals. All season long I've been gathering feedback no matter how big or small and want to hammer it home once again that it is taken on board and scaled up. I don't want anyone here thinking their voices are not heard because they are no matter what it is, every negative and positive comment about pro league online and offline play gets noted by myself and I give it my full attention.

I am full time ESL but more importantly I'm a fan and a member of the community, this community means so much to me and you guys mean a lot to it. I don't post a great deal on Waypoint or Reddit but I still spend a lot of time on there looking for feedback, hell some days even just searching ESLHALO or HCS on Twitter trying to find feedback. It's crucial and it is key to the future of esports.

Thanks once again gents and I truly and genuinely hope you had a fantastic weekend, rest assured your comments will be passed on and given a voice when it comes to constructive feedback. Onwards to fall season!

Time for some post event food and a Diet Coke, RIP vocal cords :P Simms

As usual, you did an amazing job! Keep up the great casting

Sup gents! Hope you all had a great weekend and enjoyed the finals, I personally want to thank this community for been incredible and the ongoing support. Massive shout out to the TB team for the coverage and dedication to the halo esports scene, I appreciate the time an effort you guys go to working on the forums and keeping the community up to date with the pro league and a place to call home.

I personally am proud of what's been achieved with the summer season both EU and NA, we had a great season with some stupidly good action and incredible finals. All season long I've been gathering feedback no matter how big or small and want to hammer it home once again that it is taken on board and scaled up. I don't want anyone here thinking their voices are not heard because they are no matter what it is, every negative and positive comment about pro league online and offline play gets noted by myself and I give it my full attention.

I am full time ESL but more importantly I'm a fan and a member of the community, this community means so much to me and you guys mean a lot to it. I don't post a great deal on Waypoint or Reddit but I still spend a lot of time on there looking for feedback, hell some days even just searching ESLHALO or HCS on Twitter trying to find feedback. It's crucial and it is key to the future of esports.

Thanks once again gents and I truly and genuinely hope you had a fantastic weekend, rest assured your comments will be passed on and given a voice when it comes to constructive feedback. Onwards to fall season!

Simms you are a truly a superstar for the Halo community. Thanks so much for your work on this event (especially streaming Denial vs Optic).  

Just stay away from the Popeyes :kappa:

Can we all just agree to write-in Simms for the election in November?

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys know who I feel the worst for at the end of this event?

@@iTz So Frosty

IIRC from a @@SnakeBite stream, he said the trophy from the next LAN win (so this one) belongs to Frosty. He went over why, but I totally forgot and don't want to give falso info. Either way, Frosty is going home with one piece of shit trophy  :mj:

Seriously though congrats to @@LethuL, @@iTz So Frosty, @@Royal2, and @@SnakeBite. They make it really easy to be a CLG fan. 

they also make being a clg fan since before they were dominant all the more sweeter.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Another event win for Lethul. Another time he gets to flip off everyone who predicted him to lose.

GGs.

I'm really excited for next season. Fall season or bust #PledgeAllegiance

It's crazy to think if they won x-games he would be on a streak of 9 straight LAN wins.  :lxthul:

they also make being a clg fan since before they were dominant all the more sweeter.

So true. It was always so grueling watching my favorite player (Orge 2) and favorite duo always placing 2nd. That finals after Noble Black in particular REALLY sucked. I expected this roster to be pretty great, but they have beyond exceeded my expectations. I never expected Frosty to emerge as one of the best halo 5 players. He has great composure on LAN as well for having fairly little LAN exposure (compared to other pros in the league).

• Upvote (+1) 1

I have a friend who was repping CLG since the very first EG vs CLG finals back during HCS Season 1. I jumped on his bandwagon.  :simms:

-snip-

I haven't been around much recently, but from the times I popped into ESL streams or saw events, I don't think any of my issues could be piled on to you. Sadly, due to the nature of you being one of the more active ESL employees (and Moa), it may seem piled on to you at some points.

Personally, I have no issue with the way you handle situations and I'm incredibly thankful that you are one of the people helping the scene. You are one of the best, if not the best caster we have in Halo right now. You are active in terms of interacting with people here. All of us were upset about the relegation matches not being streamed, and you took your phone and streamed it yourself. Was this ideal, maybe not, but you made an effort after seeing complaints, and while I can't speak for people here, I personally watched your facebook stream and dropped a like to your page instead of watching the official stream since I really wanted to see those relegation matches.

You, and in the grand scheme of things ESL, should be proud of what you did. In the grand scheme of things it was pretty solid. I think there was definitely issues, and some of those have been issues since before season one was started, maybe even before it was announced. But overall it was a solid season. If you keep up what you're doing, I doubt the community would ever be upset with you.

Seriously though, tell ESL to be more transparent with their events. Not sure if it's a 343 thing, a Microsoft thing, or ESL themselves, but nothing was more frustrating then trying to find details for this event this weekend to make sure I could watch it.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I always come back every few months to see where Halo eSports is going and it's always hype then disappointment. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

NEbtvOE.jpg

You say winners finalist need to go through loser's bracket, which essentially happens once they lose the first series. The winner's finalist gets the opportunity to lose a series before being eliminated just like everyone who got knocked down to the LB.

Is this still going?

People in this thread have an unbelievably hard time understanding that other people may in fact have different opinions and prefetences than they do.

I posted that I would personally prefer a different tournament setting. One that I believe would create a more interesting viewer experience. A setting that real life sports sometimes use. I was then called mentally challenged and negged into oblivion.

Stay classy HCS thread.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 20

What was peak viewership at today? I wasn't really paying attention.

Attending the pro league finals was amazing and I was glad to see some incredible matches today. After watching the stream though, I did notice that the crowd noise was at a minimally low volume. I mean the crowd wasn't super loud due to the amount of people, but there were some really loud moments (e.g. Frosty's snipe plays & Mikwen's ninja) that wasn't heard as well on stream. 343 & ESL could have done better on that part and it could definitely mislead the viewers about the crowd at the event

• Upvote (+1) 1

People in this thread have an unbelievably hard time understanding that other people may in fact have different opinions and prefetences than they do.

It was less about your "different" opinion and more the fact that you incorrectly called the winner's finalist having an unfair advantage, even though they would have played the exact same amount of series/games as someone in the losers bracket.

• Upvote (+1) 4

What was peak viewership at today? I wasn't really paying attention.

highest I saw was 23k

honestly don't know what team can beat CLG ... I feel like it would need to have Huke and Bubu on it, but who else?  Mikwen and Ola?  Snipedown and Naded?    There should be a massive hurricane this week because honestly no team is close to CLG at this point 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ola/Mikwen/Bubu/Huke is a lineup that is individually talented enough to take on CLG imo. Given time to work on team chemistry they could seriously give CLG a run for their money. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Ola/Mikwen/Bubu/Huke is a lineup that is individually talented enough to take on CLG imo. Given time to work on team chemistry they could seriously give CLG a run for their money. 

That team lacks a leader. Maybe Elumnite but I see that team just being clueless during games.