CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hey everybody, after taking a few weeks off The Pit is back this week with a crazy pre-finals episode. Audley and I sat down with 7 pros from 7 of the top 8 teams to get their takes on the first season of HCS Pro League and the tournament coming up this weekend.

We are going to stream the show tomorrow night at 7PM EST on Audley's twitch channel - https://www.twitch.tv/tiberiusaudley

If you can't watch it then, the whole thing will be posted to my youtube channel immediately after it is done airing.

There are four segments in total each lasting around 30 minutes. The first is with Snakebite, the second with Ace and Spartan, the third with Roy and Ryanoob and we end with Cratos and eL Town. 

I hope you guys all tune in and enjoy the show, I just want to thank everyone who was involved once again for lending their time in order to make this happen. 

Sounds really fun!

Chig is Seattle.

*Off topic*

Randomly watched your Montage today. Fan.

So a completely different topic is the reason he did this?

Addressing the point that while Snipe down might believe he's nice, it isn't out of character for him to attempt to sanction and censor interaction with Beyond.

Let's not even get into the people who have been "let go" from 343 Industries because they asked Che for appropriate compensation for their work.

• Upvote (+1) 5

You call out Che then say you aren't going to name people? If your sources aren't 343, and I highly doubt their reply to you was "Che doesn't allow it" then don't spread rumors. Che is one of the nicest people I have ever met, and if this conversation did come up in their HQ I guarantee it was a consensus decision, not a dictatorship

Shut up, Snip3down.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 6

Most companies also have a policy that either prohibits or severely limits an employees ability to interact with the public candidly. Keeps employees from accidentally misrepresenting something or giving insight into a situation they aren't fully informed on etc.

I get your point about Che limiting discourse (if it's indeed true) being detrimental but it really isn't hat uncommon. If we wanna vilify the guy lets at least pick something worthwhile.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This doesn't apply to Bravo at all because he is a big boy and knows how the eSports community is.

One fantastic thing I have noticed about the community here at Beyond, is that this is not a "safe space". Nobody cares about your job, position, etc. All anyone cares about is that you do a good job at whatever it is you are supposed to be doing.

If you are not doing a good job, people call you out on it. Reddit Halo will call devs out when there is a massive mess up (MCC comes to mind) but generally they seem to be in awe that someone who makes Halo is interacting with them.

That is one of the things I like the most about Beyond. Do a good job, or go do something else. Sadly, the cop out excuse to not post here or to write off valid opinions is that "Beyond is toxic". Which all that really is, is a nonsensical blanket statement to get out of being held accountable for poor performance.

This is exactly why I came to Beyond in the first place. Waypoint is excited about literally anything, and ignores much of the mistakes 343i has made. I've noticed Beyond is a lot more critical, and I really like that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

In all honesty. It is cool to have developers posting here, and they are always welcome.

However, Beyond was here before they finally jumped on the eSports bandwagon, and we will more than likely be here when they leave.

So it doesn't really matter.

A lot of us here stuck around through AGL and if that didn't make people wanna leave idk what will. The competitive halo community is stubborn.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Most companies also have a policy that either prohibits or severely limits an employees ability to interact with the public candidly. Keeps employees from accidentally misrepresenting something or giving insight into a situation they aren't fully informed on etc.

I get your point about Che limiting discourse (if it's indeed true) being detrimental but it really isn't hat uncommon. If we wanna vilify the guy lets at least pick something worthwhile.

Yeah telling the community manager he can't post on the largest community site makes sense.

• Upvote (+1) 8

That is one of the things I like the most about Beyond. Do a good job, or go do something else. Sadly, the cop out excuse to not post here or to write off valid opinions is that "Beyond is toxic". Which all that really is, is a nonsensical blanket statement to get out of being held accountable for poor performance.

Completely agree. I just wish there was as much communication between devs and fans on here like there is on Reddit.

But, this might be due to the exact reasons you stated.

This is exactly why I came to Beyond in the first place. Waypoint is excited about literally anything, and ignores much of the mistakes 343i has made. I've noticed Beyond is a lot more critical, and I really like that.

You must be on the wrong forum because Waypoint complains/whines/judges 343's every move. Beyond is way more civil.

• Upvote (+1) 1

so i was looking for a start time for this weekends 225k dollar event and the only place it is listed is on twitch.tv/halo ....

halo.gg sucks  :crying:

• Upvote (+1) 1

so i was looking for a start time for this weekends 225k dollar event and the only place it is listed is on twitch.tv/halo ....

halo.gg sucks  :crying:

This weekend is a 225k event? I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THAT

• Upvote (+1) 1

You must be on the wrong forum because Waypoint complains/whines/judges 343's every move. Beyond is way more civil.

nah that's just the vocal ones/thread OP's copy pasta. read the response posts and you will see it's constant shilling. the few dedicated complaint threads like the splitscreen thread or the dino ones are the only time criticism isn't met with the arguments of children.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where have the sudds been I feel like it has been months since I have heard any mention of them....6 months is to long for no shit going down

Where have the sudds been I feel like it has been months since I have heard any mention of them....6 months is to long for no shit going down

sudd 2 has cancer and sudd 1 is taking a breaking from competing 

send some support to sudd2

https://twitter.com/SUDDOTH2

• Upvote (+1) 1

This weekend is a 225k event? I DIDNT EVEN KNOW THAT

Weve known this for months man ;) 

But nah I hope we can pull views and positivity despite all of the shit thats happened this season.

I knew ESL was going to fuck this up the second they let the 3rd person cam go on for so long in the beginning of pro league.

Were any of them even watching? No one thought to tell the casters to stop and keep it in 1st person after the twitch chat went crazy? Or you know, when we were watching a wall when Royal 2 and str8 sick we're going off?

That was week 1, day 1.

Here we are...

Idc if someone's allowed to post here or not. Idc if they ever post or talk to us, I just want a competent fucking company to run Halo eSports and do a good job. Che and ESL are NOT getting it done so far (I'll admit, it hasn't all been bad: worlds [but bo5 single elim...] MLG regionals, crowd funding, skins). This eSport has only gone downhill since the start (let's not even get started on settings discussion, either).

Aside from MLG.tv streaming, I haven't seen MLG fuck up Halo yet.

Idk man, is it even worth wasting my time with Halo anymore? Especially when my free time is so precious and rare?

I mean, for fuck sake, THIS IS HALO, this is microsofts biggest IP. This is 343s baby. ESports are fucking huge. Please stop putting in a c-tier effort...

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I mean tbh guys Timo probably just isn't posting lately because last time he was here it was just a back and forth ESL MLG arguments where people mainly bashed ESL. Seems more realistic that Che telling him he can't post here when he probably doesn't have any authority over him.

• Upvote (+1) 9