CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Thanks all for watching the EU Finals, was a blast!

If you want to see what the venue was like for people that attended, check out this video from Vibe filmmaker Str0kd. Give it a watch and support the content  :simms:

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey guys just some quick questions:

1. When are the NA relegation matches? the 30th?

2. Is OpTic playing Denial and Liquid Elevate or is it the other way around?

First off thanks to everyone who has so far completed my HCS pro league/competitive environment survey. I believe we are sitting at around 110 submissions so thank you very much.

I would really like to push for as much as respondents as humanely possible though so for anyone who would like to partake that has not yet here is the link:

https://qtrial2016q3az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_cPc0sDDzPGyFwpf

Also I didn't see this posted throughout the rape discussion so I thought I would post it:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Somehow I feel like if 343 is gonna create another bunch of team skins, I think Renegades deserve it more than Cloud 9. Or better yet, do both :3 Just my thoughts.

How bout neither and instead create skins for the orgs that have actually been a part of the whole Pro League Summer Season and also aren't falling apart?  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

How bout neither and instead create skins for the orgs that have actually been a part of the whole Pro League Summer Season and also aren't falling apart?  :lxthul:

So does that mean ALG are sticking together? I would be surprised I thought they would definitely make 1 roster change.

So does that mean ALG are sticking together? I would be surprised I thought they would definitely make 1 roster change.

I meant Renegades the org, not the (previous) team. Renegades is being indicted right and lost every other esport team they had?

How is adding auto automatic weapons that take little to no skill to use not "dumbing it down" if they had something like predictable spread patterns which you have to control sure.

But none of Halo 5 auto's even fit that category they're just low skill spraying weapons.

Precision weapons in this game are so low skill. You just point and shoot. You don't have to pace your shots or anything.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Don't know what to feel about that Cloud9 thingy.

Somehow I feel like if 343 is gonna create another bunch of team skins, I think Renegades deserve it more than Cloud 9. Or better yet, do both :3 Just my thoughts.

Why would they make skins for a dead org that isn't even part of Halo anymore? I agree RNG skins had the potential to be cool, but that ship sailed when the org essentially collapsed.

tune in next week for "it has to be TSM this time" featuring whatever orgless team ninja is on!

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Also both 343 and esl are million dollar companies if you don't think they can hire a beeper for 3 days you're delusional. They pay people salary to drink coffee at the office 5 days a week

Stop, this is the second time in a week that I'm agreeing with you. 

Here is another upvote..

• Upvote (+1) 1

I think cursing is fine; I'm never a fan of censorship. 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Radar is not good for competitive Halo. Radar decreases the amount of skill players need to use by knowing when a player is coming close to them. The fact that they can also see players approaching from a distance encourages a camping style of play that results in people tuning into a stream to become bored / annoyed with how people are now playing. The only slight positive in my opinion is that radar enabled is "vanilla" and casual users will feel more at home playing. This can also be countered by saying that if someone already wants to attempt to play at the highest level, they should be practicing the most competitive settings to achieve their goal of becoming the best. Making un-competitive settings the "Vanilla, out of the box settings" on purpose, and your only crutch / justification down the road is that these are the settings that "casuals" are used to playing as an excuse for keeping it forever does not make sense, because the developer (343) made these uncompetitive settings the default in the first place.

Let me be clear:

Nobody on staff gives a shit if you post saying you do not like something about Halo 5, just be sure you explain why you do not like (x) in an appropriate manner. Not singling anyone out, just reminding everyone of the guidelines.

Reported

Please use the settings thread

• Upvote (+1) 3

just got caught up on the weekend and holy shit guys.

First, i think we should replace all trash talk with "PWND!!!!"  It is clearly the best.

Second, you cant use a "Free speech" argument for this.  That applies to governments being unable to censor the speech of their citizens.  Not sports leagues regulating the speech of their players.  Also, things like slander and threatening hate speech are not protected (though admittedly that stuff is hard to prosecute.)

i think suspector for naded so they can keep EG

Why do people want to split up Snipedown and Suspector???

Chalupa Batman sheesh!  Is there any game he can't play well???

• Upvote (+1) 3

So what's the prize pool breakdown for finals?

The fact that ESL hasn't publicly announced this or the prize for league placing irks me.

@@TiberiusAudley PLZ spoil the surprise.

It's not my surprise to spoil.  But it is related to The Pit.

can't miss this

Assuming he shows up...

• Upvote (+1) 1

The fact that ESL hasn't publicly announced this or the prize for league placing irks me.

ESL isn't great at promoting the money /  stakes involved

for christ sakes we were playing 250k/500k/1M halo matches and they didn't even mention that fact on stream (worlds 16)

• Upvote (+1) 3

ESL isn't great at promoting the money /  stakes involved

for christ sakes we were playing 250k/500k/1M halo matches and they didn't even mention that fact on stream (worlds 16)

One of the podcast I listen to was talking about Evo having the same issue when it was on ESPN 2, much like Poker you have to show what these people are playing for. It adds a lot more interest to the viewer.

• Upvote (+1) 2

One of the podcast I listen to was talking about Evo having the same issue when it was on ESPN 2, much like Poker you have to show what these people are playing for. It adds a lot more interest to the viewer.

Except for Street Fighter, it's probably good they didn't mention prize pools on ESPN2.  FGC prize pools are horrible.

Every single player who placed top 8 at HWC made more money (after splitting prize 4 ways) than Hungrybox won in Smash at EVO.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Why do people want to split up Snipedown and Suspector???

have you seen Suspector play in the past two months ...?

• Upvote (+1) 2