CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

we cant even come together to get proper settings in h5 competitive play... we've actually gone backwards here with radar being in still.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I usually scroll past the more inane arguments here when I'm catching up, but this saying rape argument has really dragged itself out.

I don't get why people are trying to justify saying it. Some things just aren't acceptable to say, no matter what your opinion might be on trash talk in general. I think 100% of this forum would agree that smack talking somebody is completely legitimate and almost an integral part of competitive Halo. It really separates Halo from other competitive games which have become more and more sterile. But just like using the "c-word" in a normal conversation (north of the Aussies), some terms just cross the line into indecency. It isn't necessarily about sensitivity or being triggered. I swear 100 times a day at work, but you won't catch me saying the "c-word" while I do it. If you want Halo to grow, you need to realize that the more casual audience that we need in order to do so will be turned away by players saying "get fucking raped."

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Radar is not good for competitive Halo. Radar decreases the amount of skill players need to use by knowing when a player is coming close to them. The fact that they can also see players approaching from a distance encourages a camping style of play that results in people tuning into a stream to become bored / annoyed with how people are now playing. The only slight positive in my opinion is that radar enabled is "vanilla" and casual users will feel more at home playing. This can also be countered by saying that if someone already wants to attempt to play at the highest level, they should be practicing the most competitive settings to achieve their goal of becoming the best. Making un-competitive settings the "Vanilla, out of the box settings" on purpose, and your only crutch / justification down the road is that these are the settings that "casuals" are used to playing as an excuse for keeping it forever does not make sense, because the developer (343) made these uncompetitive settings the default in the first place.

Let me be clear:

Nobody on staff gives a shit if you post saying you do not like something about Halo 5, just be sure you explain why you do not like (x) in an appropriate manner. Not singling anyone out, just reminding everyone of the guidelines.

Thanks  :simms:

TeamBeyond gets it. That's why I enjoy the no radar tournaments you guys hold more than HCS games. Can't stand watching radar gameplay. Keep it up!~

• Upvote (+1) 5

Okay Okay, I will bite:

Snip3down Naded Contra Pred.

Naded and Snip3down are online gods but Contra and Pred are known for not trying as hard online, so I don't know if this would work. Also, last time I recall, Naded and Contra were not on the best terms, but this way a while ago. 

Thoughts?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not going to spoil his surprise, but wanted to share that things are gonna be pretty big and you should all be kinda excited.

Cmon man you just want us to beg for info here don't lie

^i swear I wasn't going to get involved in this but c'mon casuals love to say ridiculous shit online. call of duty being the best example

If Contra teams with Snip3down ill shit my pants. Contra has the best shot in the game and Snip3down isn't far behind him. Those 2 could be a God-tier slaying duo. I hope it happens.

• Upvote (+1) 5

If Contra teams with Snip3down ill shit my pants. Contra has the best shot in the game and Snip3down isn't far behind him. Those 2 could be a God-tier slaying duo. I hope it happens.

has anything been said on if snipedown is leaving EG?

Rekt is the perfect substitute, because same number of syllables, same starting sound. Takes very little effort to adjust that habit.

People:

Don't shout rape. Don't call your opponents faggots. The context and whether or not you mean ill intent by the words is irrelevant...it is a bad look.

The most reasonable substitute

has anything been said on if snipedown is leaving EG?

when i asked if contra kept the ALG org or Ryanoob contra said he keeps the org

Okay Okay, I will bite:

Naded and Snip3down are online gods but Contra and Pred are known for not trying as hard online, so I don't know if this would work. Also, last time I recall, Naded and Contra were not on the best terms, but this way a while ago. 

Thoughts?

i think suspector for naded so they can keep EG

Okay Okay, I will bite:

Thoughts?

Nobody except Optic wanted to team with Naded for Pro League - he flakes on his team and now Snipedown and Contra want him?  :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 5

Okay Okay, I will bite:

Thoughts?

I think if you just swap in Snipedown for Ryanoob that's a good ass team with Snipedown, Contra, PreDevonator, & Heinz. Heinz or another OBJ/Support player is what that 3some would need and I think Heinz is arguably the best option out there. Any other player that people have been mentioning like Naded or Suspector would just be a team full of slayers and we all know how that goes. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

I think if you just swap in Snipedown for Ryanoob that's a good ass team with Snipedown, Contra, PreDevonator, & Heinz. Heinz or another OBJ/Support player is what that 3some would need and I think Heinz is arguably the best option out there. Any other player that people have been mentioning like Naded or Suspector would just be a team full of slayers and we all know how that goes. 

naded is obj af

• Upvote (+1) 2

Yes Naded plays OBJ very well my apologies but he doesn't play a support role like Heinz. Fair?

Some topics just won't die. I feel like John snow staring down an army of zombies.

My input:

R words are bad. Both of them. And an A word is bad too.

I just played with Naded. Was really cool and in game chat. Gotta give him credit. Most pros I see in arena are in party.

Seriously really nice guy. I see why he has so many fans

• Upvote (+1) 4

Eric defended ARs on stream. I was watching Contra's POV but you can hear Snip3down. 

https://clips.twitch.tv/cntra/BraveSquidFrankerZ

The hell was he talking about...

I didn't know CS GO had dominating spray and pray weapons Eric thanks for the enlightenment

EDIT: I HOPE he was more saying that ARs have a place and that they shouldn't just be straight up banned. Which I agree with.

They desperately need rebalancing though.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1