CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

:thinking:

Cloud9 is excited to have such successful Halo players join our organization and we will do everything in our power to help the team succeed.

MCC – November 26th, 2015

Please help us welcome Scott, Jacob, Clete, and Dan into the Cloud9 fold! Also, be sure to check out their social pages above or visit the Cloud9 Halo Team Page for the most up-to-date news and information on each individual player. Finally, be sure to tune into the 2016 Halo World Championship Finals from March 18-20 to catch the new Cloud9 Halo roster in action!

HWC – March 3rd, 2016

“We have always enjoyed our time in the competitive Halo scene. With former Cloud9 staff and players including Symbolic, Ninja, and Victory X on the roster, returning to the scene was a comfortable decision for us to make. We also look forward to supporting Commonly and Penguin for the first time. ”

Summer Pro League Split – July 25, 2016

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Who did I tell that, exactly? At what point did I say anything about people with legitimate trauma? At what point was I talking about the psychological implications of people affected by rape? I stand by what I said. You're making an emotional argument and I sympathize with your perspective, but calm down.

Just to be clear, you think speech needs to be self-censored on the off-chance that someone who has been traumatized by something (speaking generally here) might be triggered by it? I understand that it's terrible. I understand it has long-lasting effects. That doesn't mean that I support catering every public space to that fact. And who are we to say what words/sounds/sights in particular might trigger people? Several people have suggested "rekt," but what if someone watching the stream was in a particularly bad vehicular wreck? "Owned?" What if people watching to stream were forced into slavery or some similar, traumatic experience? Fuck, you could easily associate that with rape too. Who are you to determine what words ANYONE is triggered by? Maybe we should just mute the entire stream just to be safe. Where do you draw the line for accommodating a minority (and it is a minority, before someone trots out some scary statistics) of people with these kinds of psychological issues? Would it just be trauma that you specifically relate to, based on your personal experiences and relationships? At a certain point, is it unreasonable to expect that maybe they should avoid situations in which that particular trigger is likely to be encountered? It's not as if this particular colloquial usage of "rape" is obscure or new in any way. You say context doesn't matter, while justifying this with an EXTREMELY specific context.

Again, like I said, the organizations involved are well-within their power to regulate this stuff on-stage to foster whatever kind of environment they want to for their target audience. I just don't think there is a particularly strong ethical justification for doing so, no matter how many emotional or "adult" arguments are presented to that effect. I'm not unsympathetic. I just disagree.

I think speech needs to be self-censored if you don't want to sound like an absolute idiot and asshole. If you think about what you're saying and not act like a selfish, stubborn, and immature human being, you would realize how important self-censoring actually is.

If you actually support the use of the word "rape" in esports in general, you are saying that you don't give a shit about people other than you. It is extremely easy to replace it with something else and keep the same meaning.

You made arguments about "rekt" and "owned". By the way, there's dozens of other alternatives out there to use but let's just ignore that for the sake of this argument. Both of the aforementioned words are used very often in common language. I mean I almost have to think you were kidding by using "owned" as an equivalent example. Do you realize how often we use that word? All. The. Time. And it's pretty similar with "wreck". Car wrecks are incredibly common. "Rape" only has one meaning and it's a genuinely horrifying one.

I am ashamed to be part of this community when people use the word casually as if they didn't know what it means.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

ANYWAYS...what team would you guys like to see Naded on next season?

P.S. I'm glad C9 is back

EG would be cool. Actually, I would love to see a team of  Naded and Snip3down on the same team. Whatever team he joins will need to be dedicated to practice daily, as that is something he always preaches about. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Link? Che is fond of the word "soon" and I follow info drops very religiously and didn't see that.

Oh man, are you going to make me dig all the way back to May in my Tweets?

I'll try to find it.

But seriously though, Cloud9 is that org that messes Halo around but the community loves them anyway.

Kind of like teenagers and Kylie Jenner + Tyga.

Regardless, CLOUD9 OR DIE

oLXinho.jpg

:weback: ?

yeah is there an event going on? seemingly a bunch of streamers that are semi popular that I have no idea played halo are streaming it right now

Made this for the OG H2A roster.

gXcERTk.png

HugnvAO.png

This will suffice. For now.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

How much did 343i pay Dyrus, Sky, and Scarra to play Halo 5?

Retirement home 4s.  :simms:

Turn on Dyrus stream to see him melting noobs with Perfect Kills, and he's munching fries.

Turn on Dyrus stream to see him melting noobs with Perfect Kills, and he's munching fries.

Turned on Dyrus's stream, and he quits out. That didn't take long.

Dyrus is a high level Overwatch player, so it doesn't surprise me that he's good at Halo too.

I think speech needs to be self-censored if you don't want to sound like an absolute idiot and asshole. If you think about what you're saying and not act like a selfish, stubborn, and immature human being, you would realize how important self-censoring actually is.

I do not and never will agree with any faux moral justification for censoring words, but just broaden the issue and pretend you don't know what I'm referring to.

If you actually support the use of the word "rape" in esports in general, you are saying that you don't give a shit about people other than you. It is extremely easy to replace it with something else and keep the same meaning.

I never at any point said I support "the use of the word 'rape' in eSports in general," but thanks for falsely equivocating the argument to something that makes you petty judgemental bullshit seem anything but sad. Funny how all of you people getting morally outraged about this shit seem to have a lot of trouble reading the arguments being made. I don't use rape in that context, never have, but I'm also not sitting up on my moral high horse passing judgement on people who do. It is extremely easy to replace it with something keep the same meaning, which is literally my point. People who can't deal with context when it comes to WORDS should not be dictating what other people can or should say. I'm sorry if that upsets your delicate, self-righteous sensibilities.

You made arguments about "rekt" and "owned". By the way, there's dozens of other alternatives out there to use but let's just ignore that for the sake of this argument. Both of the aforementioned words are used very often in common language. I mean I almost have to think you were kidding by using "owned" as an equivalent example. Do you realize how often we use that word? All. The. Time. And it's pretty similar with "wreck". Car wrecks are incredibly common. "Rape" only has one meaning and it's a genuinely horrifying one.

I'm aware of the alternatives. I fucking use them. And they ALL have exactly the same meaning in context. And yes, my examples were intentionally extreme to demonstrate how utterly ridiculous this slippery slope of "only the context that I find offensive matters" really is. You obviously missed the point. And no, it is not "only one meaning" of rape, genius. In addition to the fucking obvious colloquial usage being whined about/ignored (you know, the one that is in the dictionary for "owned") in this thread, we also have the acknowledged second definition of to "spoil or destroy (a place)." Apparently you people struggle with metaphor.

I am ashamed to be part of this community when people use the word casually as if they didn't know what it means.

And that's pretty sad. No, it isn't "as if they don't know what it means." That's idiotic. You just refuse to acknowledge context and intent as necessary factors for subjective offense, which is something I will never support, and you don't seem to understand what a metaphor is.

With that, I'm done with this argument. I don't need to go in any more circles with people rocking back and forth on their moral high horses and shitting themselves over what "other people" might think of the whole community because one person said something naughty to their team mate. Maybe next we can all get upset about "the R word" (different one).
  • Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Made this for the OG H2A roster.

gXcERTk.png

HugnvAO.png

This will have to do for now. Thanks man.  :simms:

"I was just sniping as Halo man" - Sky 2016.

Why are they forced to play Halo 5? LOL

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just got home from the museum, saw some great dinos. Triceratops, T-Rex, Ogre2 etc.  :kappa:

(I want to be VERY clear, that was a joke. plz don't kill my rep)

Cool to see C9 re-enter the Halo scene. Hope they stick around this time. RIP RNG tho. :'(

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

snip

If the player's opponent that he just killed was a woman that had previously been assaulted in her lifetime, would you still support the player's choice to use that word?

No one is restricting your general right to free speech. What we are saying as a community is certain trash talk crosses the line and we should come together to define what is acceptable. Like, are you saying literally anything is acceptable? I could think of some pretty horrifying stuff that a person could say during a tourney (that I won't type here because people would be pretty rightly disturbed to read it). Your slippery slope argument is pointless because there's already a line, it's just not stated. We just know certain things that someone could say that could get them banned from competing immediately.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2