CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Lack of professionalism from the pros is one of the things I feel really holds this esport back and isn't talked about enough here.

Going into a listen in during the EU finals only for one of the players to start screaming "fucking shit on" seconds into it and making Simms have to apologize is exactly why we rarely get listen-ins anymore.

btchplz.gif

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So is 90% of the shit gamers say

There's a difference between what you say to your friends while you're playing in private. When you're on a live stage that thousands of people watching you can be held accountable for what you say. 

Pro NFL players are going to get shit if they repeatedly say they rape their opponents. So should gamers. If you want to legitimize halo esports you have to be able to have players perform at the top of their game without acting like a 13 year old who doesn't know the meaning of the words their saying. You can't have it both ways.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I just say bodied. That's what the FGC uses instead of "rape"

Rekt sounds whack to me.

I generally yell "you sit down when you pee" or something else vaguely emasculating. I'm sure it offends someone somewhere, but the point is that it's incredibly easy to find ANYTHING to say besides "raped."

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Maybe we shouldn't get live listen ins if people feel like they've become such a problem all of a sudden.

They can just censor it, and let us listen to it 5 minutes after the game ends. That's what we've done with the online pro league anyway.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Things as certain as death, taxes and Cloud9 returning to Halo.

Welcome back!

• Upvote (+1) 4

So hyped for the 38th return of Cloud 9 to Halo!  :simms:

I just hope the C9 org is here to stay. I find it kind of ironic that the C9 org has once again decided to pickup a Halo roster right before the grand finals of a Halo season though

• Upvote (+1) 1

Well if C9 can come back for the 20th time, I suppose this is my time to come back to the forums

Is that Bonnie Ross in your avatar?

While I dont necessarily agree with the use of the word "rape" being yelled at someone you killed in a video game.....

The quickest way to destroy the interest in an eSport is to start instituting this tumblr warrior, safe space, I am so triggered by everything garbage.

NBA:

Fighting

Cursing

NFL:

Fighting

Cursing

NHL:

Fighting 

Cursing 

Cratos is one of the only players who consistently keeps me interested in the HCS. Why? Because he does not want to be friends with everyone, he wants to beat them, and he lets them know what he thinks after the game(s). That type of interaction is what draws eyes to leagues. I cant remember how many times ESPN/Sportscenter replayed Lebron talking shit to Steph Curry in the finals, it was always an "OH SHIT" the two best players in the league are going at it like they hate eachother. It makes you choose sides and become invested in the game. They might be fined depending on what they do, or receive a technical foul. 

eSports work the same way. Real life does not have safe spaces, sports dont, esports shouldnt either. 

*This only applies to trash talk that isnt over the line, racist, etc. // not personal.*   "ex. You are terrible, just quit" Looks completely fine to me. 

yeah absolutely. trash talk has it's place in sport/esports. but there is a line. Discussing where it is, is important.

PS: thank god your avatar is back to normal  :dank:   :weback:  :glasses:

I just hope the C9 org is here to stay. I find it kind of ironic that the C9 org has once again decided to pickup a Halo roster right before the grand finals of a Halo season though

I personally could care less. Who cares if they are in or out. 

I know people like to pretend these orgs coming in helps grow the scene, but they only appear when the developer started hosting a league with a ton of cash. Where were all these orgs during AGL?  :simms:  Oh right, it was not profitable to join up yet. 

They are here to help themselves. Cloud9 just chooses to operate in an extremely obvious "out for themselves" fashion. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

There's a difference between what you say to your friends while you're playing in private. When you're on a live stage that thousands of people watching you can be held accountable for what you say. 

Pro NFL players are going to get shit if they repeatedly say they rape their opponents. So should gamers. If you want to legitimize halo esports you have to be able to have players perform at the top of their game without acting like a 13 year old who doesn't know the meaning of the words their saying. You can't have it both ways.

NFL players do not have mics attached to their uniform that you can hear mid-play or in huddle. When a random mic picks up what they say, it usually is not pretty.

When they do record player audio it is played after returning to the game after commercials and carefully edited.

During the event yesterday, the twitch chat was blown up with hordes of people calling the black player a N*****, several iterations of Hitler did nothing wrong/kill all (insert people), and other "hate" speech. But we make a big deal on TB for a player saying a word that has been synonymous with embarrassing your opponent since the beginning of online gaming? If it really is that bad just stop doing listen-ins. Don't demand players change how they probably speak to each other the other 99% of the time they play. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Real life does not have safe spaces

Agree with you completely, but just so ya know, yeah, real life does definitely have safe spaces. Research what's happened at Oberlin, for example. (Unless you want to argue that college isn't real life in which case, lol.)

Things as certain as death, taxes and Cloud9 returning to Halo.

Welcome back!

You forgot to add Cloud9 leaving Halo. I hate to be the pessimist, and hope to be proven wrong though. This is a pretty talented roster.

Agree with you completely, but just so ya know, yeah, real life does definitely have safe spaces. Research what's happened at Oberlin, for example. (Unless you want to argue that college isn't real life in which case, lol.)

I would consider College a safe space these days. The "Real World" comes after you graduate, all of your tumblr friends go in their respective different directions, and you are forced to make your way on your own with your hyper sensitivity to everything..  in my opinion. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

During the event yesterday, the twitch chat was blown up with hordes of people calling the black player a N*****, several iterations of Hitler did nothing wrong/kill all (insert people), and other "hate" speech. 

that's because the halo mods suck

@ 343 reading this

also why is every pro not a mod in the halo chat? if a pro says something i want to be able to see it 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm pulling a C9, I haven't posted in over a month on these forums and I'm coming back right before Season 2 Finals.  :weback:

• Upvote (+1) 5