CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Hey everyone, thanks for all the support. Currently reading everything in the staff office (that is cool temperature wise, unlike the main stage which was a desert in comparison).

Obviously, I am upset that we placed the way we placed, and I am also upset with some of the attitude that I displayed especially after the first series. However, I am not scared of criticism and will obviously make strives to improve and attempt to contain my emotions.

All of the positive posts and tweets have really helped the mood pass, and I cannot thank you all enough for it.

Onto Fall Season!

I barely noticed any attitude Batch. Just a few instances where we could tell you were frustrated but it's understandable when you're performing at the best I've ever seen you play and not getting the results. Compared to the way many pro players act, shouting and trash talking and teabgagging.... I don't think you have anything to be ashamed about but I think your humble attitude and apology is very professional of you. Kudos dude and a hell of a performance today.

Anyone know why they run adverts for stuff like the Hog Wild content? That's old, right?

So we lost about 1k viewers due to this downtime horseshit.

This better be fixed for the NA finals there's absolutely no reason we should have 10+ minutes of downtime the maximum should be 5.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Extremely small gripe, but I hope they force NA players to wear matching uniforms (even if its something as small as all HCS shirts). XMEN look so much less hype than FabE.

Just want Halo looking SHARP.  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I 100% disagree that there's not much less risk. If you stay unscoped it's much easier to track a strafing player. You only scope in to get magnetism benefit and at extreme close range the benefit of scoping in is non-existent because you will get descoped instantly. In H5 there is hardly any range tradeoff up to a certain point, just stay unscoped. The H5 sniper acts like a way more powerful pistol but a little harder to use.

But honestly I don't really care about the H2 comparison, because I think the Halo 2 sniper is pretty nooby too. If you compare to CE the sniper in H2, H4-5 is way too easy. It doesn't help that the utility weapons are much weaker than the CE pistol as well.

Quickscoping is so fast, that it was easy to pull of despite the risk of being descoped.

Yes the H2 sniper was really easy to use (nooby). Easier to use than the H5 sniper. The notion that the H5 is basically a pistol (in terms of aim assist) is disengenuous. The stats don't add up. It's easy enough that pros try it more, but it's difficult enough that pros efforts fail WAY more than they succeed.

Every Halo since CE is nooby in comparison.

• Downvote (-1) 1

Vetoes sometimes took upwards of 15-20min during Pro League because a lot of discussion happens, especially when multiple people on a team think a different map would be better. And those were 5 game series.

These vetoes are 7-games series and with 0 prep-time and for a lot more on the line than a single pro-league match.

I really disagree with vetoes being in finals. A team can win the pro league without ever playing some gametype/map combinations. seems a bit cheap to me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I really disagree with vetoes being in finals. A team can win the pro league without ever playing some gametype/map combinations. seems a bit cheap to me.

I feel the same and if it's  Vetoes vs 10+ minutes of downtime to start a series then the vetoes can go the teams will have to play the maps that were selected.

Other thing is Vetoes seem to lead to lots of double maps - I don't remember seeing this at worlds when teams didn't veto?

Extremely small gripe, but I hope they force NA players to wear matching uniforms (even if its something as small as all HCS shirts). XMEN look so much less hype than FabE.

Just want Halo looking SHARP.  :intensifies:

*Heavy Breathing*

The time between these series is ridiculous, not everyone is going to stick around for 45 minutes to see the finals even if they are excited about the matchup. If it is the vetoes that are causing the delay then I really think they need to consider not having vetoes at live events. 

I just want to say that out of all the medals that H5 has, the "Perfect kill" medal definitely has to be one of the best and most satisfying medals to earn. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Just a little nugget, the FB streaming is working. Last I checked today they had 1.2K on FB alone with 4k on the Twitch stream. We back?

Just a little nugget, the FB streaming is working. Last I checked today they had 1.2K on FB alone with 4k on the Twitch stream. We back?

I'm just wondering what NA will be like. I'm hoping for 20k

I would consider a finals being won on the luck of one or two choice gametype/map combos coming up to be much cheaper.

• Upvote (+1) 3

At least. LCQ got that. I'd hope for 30k. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder what OpTic's relegation matches are going to have 

I just want to say that out of all the medals that H5 has, the "Perfect kill" medal definitely has to be one of the best and most satisfying medals to earn. 

With Reversal not too far behind. Getting both is the biggest "I just embarrassed that guy" moment and it's glorious to see on stream.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I wonder what OpTic's relegation matches are going to have 

About 15-20k I reckon.

Quickscoping is so fast, that it was easy to pull of despite the risk of being descoped.

Yes the H2 sniper was really easy to use (nooby). Easier to use than the H5 sniper. The notion that the H5 is basically a pistol (in terms of aim assist) is disengenuous. The stats don't add up. It's easy enough that pros try it more, but it's difficult enough that pros efforts fail WAY more than they succeed.

Every Halo since CE is nooby in comparison.

I said it's a little harder. And if it wasn't a better option than switching to pistol you wouldn't see so many people running around in CQC areas with the sniper out.

• Upvote (+1) 1