CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Not to be THAT guy, but humans are meant to be awake in the day time and sleeping at night.

You never truly adjust, your circadian rhythm will always pump out chemicals at sign of light and dark.

People who work over night for example, tend to have heart issues, higher risk of diabetes, etc

Fix that shit ASAP friend, while you're still young :p

I'm gonna have to ask for some peer-reviewed scholarly articles for these claims fam.
  • Upvote (+1) 4

Not to be THAT guy, but humans are meant to be awake in the day time and sleeping at night.

You never truly adjust, your circadian rhythm will always pump out chemicals at sign of light and dark.

People who work over night for example, tend to have heart issues, higher risk of diabetes, etc

I'm going to have to disagree. I think the reason you see that stuff more often with overnight workers is that the majority of people aren't actually night time people, they just work then cuz they have to. Also too many people that work overnights will wake up at weird times too often whether it be for a family get together or other event. Myself, my father, and 2 of my siblings are night people. Much more awake at night then during the day, and we're not going to wake up at noon (like 2 or 3 AM for most people) for events outside of something really big. 

edit: I actually remember when it happened. I went to Japan for school for 18 days in the summer of 08. I honestly think I never adjusted lmfao

lol, at least you got to go to Japan! haha

There is some evidence that a minority of people are actually "Night owls" and that this can change as you age.  It makes sense evolutionarily, you want someone awake at night that can alert you to beasts in the area!  It also explains some people's struggles with insomnia, they try to force their sleep/wake cycle to be different than it is.

Thats not most people though, and the general consensus is that morning people are happier.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dr-michael-j-breus/night-owl-sleep_b_4276411.html

thats just one article but there are a bunch that good ol' google wants you to read.

anyway, halo??

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm going to have to disagree. I think the reason you see that stuff more often with overnight workers is that the majority of people aren't actually night time people, they just work then cuz they have to. Also too many people that work overnights will wake up at weird times too often whether it be for a family get together or other event. Myself, my father, and 2 of my siblings are night people. Much more awake at night then during the day, and we're not going to wake up at noon (like 2 or 3 AM for most people) for events outside of something really big. 

I mean, I love the debate and discussion but it's not really an agree or disagree thing. It's been proven in medical studies for years now unfortunately. The staying up all night and how that relates to heart issues and diabetes is mostly stress and how your body reacts to resisting it's natural chemical cycle. 

Sucks

@ that's pretty cool actually. Not ALL people develop health issues, of course, still something to be aware of with that kind of lifestyle though. 

Edit: Yes, Halo. 

How do you guys think the NA casting pairups should be? 

I was thinking Simms (PbP) + SS (not too caught up on the meta but can throw in some insight). 

Elamite + T2. They kind of switched roles here and there but it worked very well. Would love to see it again. 

Gaskin and Bravo can be like the analyst desk they go back to. Bravo's not incredibly familiar with the meta but he's good to have on a main desk because he's charismatic and a good host, IMO.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I mean, I love the debate and discussion but it's not really an agree or disagree thing. It's been proven in medical studies for years now unfortunately. The staying up all night and how that relates to heart issues and diabetes is mostly stress and how your body reacts to resisting it's natural chemical cycle. 

Sucks

Ya I understand that, but like I said, I think it's because most people that work overnights aren't actually night owls. What I'm saying is that there are people out there that are just as healthy as "normal" daytime people that are up during the night.

I don't think I saw anyone bring this up, but Flamesword said in his new video that he will be competing in season 2

for a bit more detail for folks: He talked about being an AM and not really having to play under an org. He seems to be insinuating he'll still be in Optic just not on the Optic Halo team

Edit: Yes, Halo. 

How do you guys think the NA casting pairups should be? 

I was thinking Simms (PbP) + SS (not too caught up on the meta but can throw in some insight). 

Elamite + T2. They kind of switched roles here and there but it worked very well. Would love to see it again. 

Gaskin and Bravo can be like the analyst desk they go back to. Bravo's not incredibly familiar with the meta but he's good to have on a main desk because he's charismatic and a good host, IMO.

I think those pairings are good. they should just have T2 there all the time though....

• Upvote (+1) 2

Maybe Ace, Flame, Maniac, and Naded will be a team again.

so at the end of the season the team would be Ace, Maniac and ???

• Upvote (+1) 3

There's no such thing as a "night person" lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

so at the end of the season the team would be Ace, Maniac and ???

Str8Sick and ???

What do you guys think about a team of Bubu Dubu, Huke, Ninja, Victory X? (This is assuming Ninja and Victory keep being a team of 2).
Would they be good, bad, just average, and why?

If Flame competes again, would he be on the main Optic team? Or would he be on a random AM but still be in Optic? Can one org have multiple teams either in Pro League or Challenger Bracket?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

If Flame competes again, would he be on the main Optic team? Or would he be on a random AM but still be in Optic? Can one org have multiple teams either in Pro League or Challenger Bracket?

I presume they can have multiple teams in the challenger bracket since it's amateur. They'll all be amateur once Optic gets relegated anyway. They could have Optic Halo and Optic Gaming. 

I'm thinking Flame, Assault, FIS and ???

wonder if flame playing in season 2 will be like him coaching in season 1

I have to point out how fire this post was/is.

• Upvote (+1) 3

E6 motto

"HOPE, RESPECT, SIX, LOYALTY is our definition of SUCCESS"

What does that even mean? It doesn't make sense. WTF is "SIX" other than a number?

You seem upset. It's just a logo

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 4

What other sites can I watch the EU stream on today? Twitch is blocked at work, but hoping the other two aren't. At least I think the stream is somewhere else too? I feel like there were two other sites, but I can't remember the names

This is actually very interesting. Because if Flamesword continues to be on the main Optic Halo team, then I'm sorry, they won't succeed. Maniac and Ace as a core have potential to place higher if paired with two better players, but if you throw Flamesword into the mix then there's not much hope.

• Upvote (+1) 2

E6 motto

"HOPE, RESPECT, SIX, LOYALTY is our definition of SUCCESS"

What does that even mean? It doesn't make sense. WTF is "SIX" other than a number?

I am pretty sure it's a reference to the phrase "I got your six" which is synonymous with "I got your back" or other similar phrases. It represents supporting your team and your org in this case. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

What other sites can I watch the EU stream on today? Twitch is blocked at work, but hoping the other two aren't. At least I think the stream is somewhere else too? I feel like there were two other sites, but I can't remember the names

Azubu.tv and Hitbox. Hitbox works better for me last I checked. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Dude it was just a joke, no need to be a fanb....oh. Right.

Didn't know you were his spokesperson. Or is this a joke too? Sorry please help me understand the humor

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 9

Dude. It's a joke. Calm down. You don't need to be defensive all the time.

I mean you were the one firing shots but i ok. By the way your humor has me like 

tumblr_ljnyu5HR3p1qzmowao1_500.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 26

As a note, it isn't just a logo - they clearly used it as a way of signing off the message to Cratos.

Don't get me wrong, it's sweet that they care about their players, but 6 doesn't really make sense in the way they use it.