CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Difference between a build up and a tough choice that paid off and having a horrible attitude and giving up completely. But why am I trying to explain that, you seem like one of those "naded can do no wrong!" type of fans.

It sure paid of, no argue with that lol. Really though, it sure sounded little ironic coming from you and just because you won it doesn't change the fact that it was a collosal fuckup for pretty much all the rest of the teams. I enjoyed the show like everybody else but don't give me that "tough choice" bullshit. Also I am no fanboy.

Edit.: Response to your edit. Yeah I did exactly that. And you didn't really compare leaving a last qualified team for pro league (leaving them chance to pick up player before and also during league) to leaving top 2 team for another top 2 team 3 days before rosterlock for the biggest tournament in console esports history causing shitstorm that fucked not only eg but almost all the other teams ultimately destroying all the work that went into building teams ? Dit I get it right?

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 8

It sure paid of, no argue with that lol. Really though, it sure sounded little ironic coming from you and just because you won it doesn't change the fact that it was a collosal fuckup for pretty much all the rest of the teams. I enjoyed the show like everybody else but don't give me that "tough choice" bullshit. Also I am no fanboy.

lmao are you one of those people that think it was a move to mess up other teams? sounds like it, I'm sure that's why we're still #1 though since we made a team change 3-4 days before roster lock 5 months ago. These 2 situations aren't comparable in the slightest if you don't see that then I'll pray for you my man. But yea my b wasn't a tough choice, just left a team that was on a 5 peat and was still probably the best team on a consistent basis in h5. You praised naded for being THE game changer, yea that can be true. But only if it works both ways, he can change the game in the favor of his and the other team at any moment. 

• Upvote (+1) 7

Did it actually force other top teams to change or did they fuck it up for themselves? If the top teams thought about it instead of going into absolute meltdown mode they could have frozen EG out, maintaining their own stability *cough* Allegence *cough* and forcing them to pick a lower talent pool.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Did it actually force other top teams to change or did they fuck it up for themselves? If the top teams thought about it instead of going into absolute meltdown mode they could have frozen EG out, maintaining their own stability *cough* Allegence *cough* and forcing them to pick a lower talent pool.

Nah that doesn't make sense, after I left I also snuck into the calls with each team planting seeds for team changes to make it easier for us to win worlds 

• Upvote (+1) 9

Difference between a build up and a tough choice that paid off and having a horrible attitude and giving up completely. But why am I trying to explain that, you seem like one of those "naded can do no wrong!" type of fans. 

Also, you didn't just compare a team change BEFORE a roster lock and a random retirement after roster lock because they were doing bad did you? Naded stans in 2016  :simms:

Damm I like Naded but that was savage  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Whichever roster picks up Naded next season, will be top 4. Quote me on this, an emotionally stable Naded, with teammates that can balance out his tilt, is a top 5 player.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

lmao are you one of those people that think it was a move to mess up other teams? sounds like it, I'm sure that's why we're still #1 though since we made a team change 3-4 days before roster lock 5 months ago. These 2 situations aren't comparable in the slightest if you don't see that then I'll pray for you my man. But yea my b wasn't a tough choice, just left a team that was on a 5 peat and was still probably the best team on a consistent basis in h5. You praised naded for being THE game changer, yea that can be true. But only if it works both ways, he can change the game in the favor of his and the other team at any moment.

I didn't said you did that intentionally, I said what that move caused. Yes I said Naded is gamechaging player and that he is, for good or the bad for the team. Maybe I should have used word wildcard. I am not defending him for what he did or didnt do for Optic (would they even qualify though?) I just pointed out that your "famous move" was also not very classy and that it was ironic coming from you.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Damm I like Naded but that was savage :apg:

it make come off as savage, but it just is what it is. There's positives and negatives to every player but tbh when we are talking about this scenario there really isn't much else to say besides he straight up quit on the team. There can be other ways to spin it but at the end of the day that's what it is. This is all over a hypothetical scenario about Naded taking over the optic team so it's pretty pointless tbh but I have nothing better to do.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

If optic does make changes (which I'm not even 100% sure they will if they dont get relegated) they should rebuild around Maniac and Ace. Maybe go back for Naded and find a high profile F/A from the rostermania.

it make come off as savage, but it just is what it is. There's positives and negatives to every player but tbh when we are talking about this scenario there really isn't much else to say besides he straight up quit on the team. There can be other ways to spin it but at the end of the day that's what it is. This is all over a hypothetical scenario about Naded taking over the optic team so it's pretty pointless tbh but I have nothing better to do.

Yeah you are right since he announced he was retiring I knew it was an excuse to stop competing for the season and it was the only way to quit on Optic, hopefully he doesn't do that again.

• Upvote (+1) 1

theres classy, and there's winning. Not sure if you know but you get paid for what you place. I made a move to win, he made a move to quit.

The curse of 2gre will come back to haunt you

• Upvote (+1) 1

theres classy, and there's winning. Not sure if you know but you get paid for what you place. I made a move to win, he made a move to quit.

But you both ditched your teams and that is the point I was talking about.Also he actually didn't move when it mattered and it also paid of so you could say he also made the right move when it comes to final placings at HWC. Right now, he maybe felt he couldn't win with Optic so he rather took a break with intention to come back and grind for the next Hwc with different squad, so in the end he did the right move ? I dont know, whatever. Don't get touchy champ. You are on the best team and you deserve the spot but not everybody will praise everything you say and do.

• Downvote (-1) 3

How can any human capable of rational thought processes compare the naded situation to the one with Lethul.

Am I on Acid again?

• Upvote (+1) 6

I made a move to win, he made a move to quit.

Damn Lethul. Damn.

You both abruptly left your teams though, leaving the remaining players to scramble to fill their rosters. Sure there is a difference in that you continued to play Halo, but the key similarity is that you both did what you thought was best for you at the time, and it adversely impacted your previous squads.(I bet EG would've rather you retired for a season than join the team that knocked them out of Worlds)

"Making a tough choice to win" seems to be a mitigating factor for you when it comes to abandoning people. As ridiculous as the idea of letting Naded run Optic sounds (it's fucking crazy), what if THAT was the tough choice that would help them win? I don't think anyone interested in winning should rule him out (except CLG). Winning teams don't run on salt.

At the end of the day, neither of you deserve criticism for your decisions. As with any professional sport, athletes need to think long and hard about what's best for them, then execute . Being fiercely loyal is great- until you're the one left high and dry.

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 3

I think if you can find a solid 5th/sub, Naded is a good pickup. Have that sub fill in whenever Naded is too tilted for scrims/VOD review and if "management" or the team decides that the sub has participated more than Naded that week in practice, the sub plays instead of Naded. Of course, this could be somewhat hard to do with a limited talent pool.

For those that follow League, think of the way Team Liquid used Keith to motivate Piglet.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think if you can find a solid 5th/sub, Naded is a good pickup. Have that sub fill in whenever Naded is too tilted for scrims/VOD review and if "management" or the team decides that the sub has participated more than Naded that week in practice, the sub plays instead of Naded. Of course, this could be somewhat hard to do with a limited talent pool.

For those that follow League, think of the way Team Liquid used Keith to motivate Piglet.

So basically they'll have five team mates and one to fill in for Naded if he doesn't feel like playing?

That sounds shit?

• Upvote (+1) 6

So basically they'll have five team mates and one to fill in for Naded if he doesn't feel like playing?

That sounds shit?

What happened with piglet and team liquid was Piglet (who is a world champion) wasn't performing/not showing as much drive to to well as he used to so Team Liquid picked up another player and moved Piglet to the bench to motivate Piglet to play more and improve. It worked and now Piglet is back to being the best player on the team.

Edit: Subs are also way more common in league of legends. You play as a team of 5 but most rosters have 7-8 if not more players so people can sub in and out after each game.

I don't think that would work very well in halo for 2 reasons:

1. Some players don't take the game seriously enough

2. Orgs don't control teams in the way that they do in League

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys, cut Lethul some slack. He's only being defensive because me and him still have the same amount of MEGABLOCKS MVP trophies.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Really happy to see naded back but cant see him landing himself on a pro league team. missing a week on this game really hurts, missing a whole season of scrims is going to be to much to come back from in my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Lethul with the cold hard truth making Naded fans saltier than they usually are. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Two solid choices. While I'd prefer Str8 Sick and Ace, I think Hecz would go the Laniac and Ace route. If they brought Naded back alongside Str8 Sick I'd be happy. 

Are you suggesting they bring Naded back with Str8 sick and compete with Ace and Maniac again? Or are you saying start over with Str8 Sick and Naded. If its the former why would Naded go back to a team that he clearly doesn't mesh with?