CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

There's no reason you couldn't Clawing and paddles arent that huge of an advantage

Of course it's preference, but thrusting with the paddles is a pretty big advantage

• Upvote (+1) 5

? I don't claw or use paddles

It's probably a case where you're the best H5 player, and you're being held back.

You're welcome for the tip. First one's free.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

You cannot compete by holding a standard controller normally.

Let that sink in.

I didn't claw or use a paddle until like a month ago. Definitely could still compete, but my movement is a lot better with the paddle.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I didn't claw or use a paddle until like a month ago. Definitely could still compete, but my movement is a lot better with the paddle.

Not being able to compete was an exaggeration, but as a pro player, I'm sure you'd want to use an advantage as easily acquired as paddles.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Not being able to compete was an exaggeration, but as a pro player, I'm sure you'd want to use an advantage as easily acquired as paddles.

For sure. 

Dude, I tried making this argument a couple weeks ago and literally got -30 repped. Don't try it.

Were you the one calling for paddles to be banned so claw players would have an advantage again?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I think you mean the Battlestar Galactica thread. 

It's practically a shot for shot remake of the original. The story's kind of bland. It's about this guy named Dumbledore Calrissian who needs to return the ring back to Mordor.

On a different note, I think I'm mostly excited because once season one is over season two will start, and that means a chance to see Naded again.

JGWUGkI.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 4

Isnt clawing supposed to cause hand problems in the future though?

• Upvote (+1) 3

I only recently started clawing. It really doesn't make that big of a difference.

Let it be known that most of the individually talented pro players play with claw.

Spartan, Royal 2, Frosty, Mikwen, Pistola, Penguin, Snakebite, Contra, and Lethul all claw.

Players like Snip3down, Ninja, and Suspector need paddles in order to keep up with the guys I've listed above.

Fun Fact: Every player on CLG claws

• Downvote (-1) 8

Only on console will you have people debating extra buttons or not. Lol. Its not supposed to be about which input device you use (as long as its not some sort of turbo/macro function) but how you use it.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Let it be known that most of the individually talented pro players play with claw.

Spartan, Royal 2, Frosty, Mikwen, Pistola, Penguin, Snakebite, Contra, and Lethul all claw.

Players like Snip3down, Ninja, and Suspector need paddles in order to keep up with the guys I've listed above.

Does this mean CLG hasn't even reached its final form yet?

Does this mean CLG hasn't even reached its final form yet?

The point of my post is that players that claw usually have a higher skill ceiling than players that don't, especially in Halo 5. I'm pretty sure everyone on CLG except Frosty plays with paddles aswell. Maybe when Frosty decides to use paddles is when CLG will reach their final form. :kappa:

• Downvote (-1) 4

Fun fact: Lethul doesn't claw

Fun fact: Lethul doesn't claw

I'm pretty sure I heard him say on stream that he did and used paddles. @@LethuL can you confirm?

Isnt clawing supposed to cause hand problems in the future though?

Yeah it's bad news

Any pro who still claws IMO is a moron

Why jeopardize your future when you no longer have to

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I had to stop clawing, it was giving me grief in the tendons. I'd rather be mediocre than in pain :(

• Upvote (+1) 2

NOON EST

be there or be fuckin' square 

There's a joke about Simplex in there... somewhere.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Claw is a tactical advantage over worse players who choose not to learn it

To be better you have to actually learn stuff

You know, like every sport or competitive thing ever

Don't advocate for clawing. It's physically harmful.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 4