CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I had to google what that is, haven't heard of any of these musicians. Can't tell if old, ignorant or realistic.

Hope for those that go, you can have a blast with this lol.

That's because this is a Korean convention... Assuming you do not listen to KPop lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

You guys cry about literally everything.

We liked your hoodie and interview.

That's because this is a Korean convention... Assuming you do not listen to KPop lol

Do a lot of Halo fans?

I had to google what that is, haven't heard of any of these musicians. Can't tell if old, ignorant or realistic.

TTS.jpg

BTS_1100X520.jpg

Shinee.jpg

Hope for those that go, you can have a blast with this lol.

KPOP BOYZ.

• Upvote (+1) 1

We liked your hoodie and interview.

Do a lot of Halo fans?

I doubt it, not saying it's a good match of topics at all. Just letting you know that's why you don't know the groups.  ;)

As far as why they paired it, the venue is sponsored by Microsoft. You bet they had some pull.

You're just glossing over things to fit your narrative.

How much have FFA tournament passes been in the past (essentially an open tourney with $5000 prize pool)?

Give me a break.

The Bic Flex 4 FFA finals was free to enter if you were at the event and was $4,000 and spectator passes were $20 then. 

It also got you into an event with multiple games to watch, free to enter side tournaments, the Dr Pepper booth, Hot Pockets, Stride Gum, ASTRO and Gunnar giveaways, all of that.

bs

How can I block you?

It's like some of you guys can't really enjoy anything good that happens to this community. They do the Pro League at a "big" venue with fucking $60 VIP tickets? great, let's fucking complain and tell the guys at ESL they are a joke! because that's definitely going to make them give Halo more support in the future, right? If you like so much MLG and you think they do a better job than ESL, what are you doing watching a Pro League organized by them? Just wait for MLG to make their own Pro League, so yeah, keep waiting.

• Upvote (+1) 12
  • Downvote (-1) 3

How can I block you?

It's like some of you guys can't really enjoy anything good that happens to this community. They do the Pro League at a "big" venue with fucking $60 VIP tickets? great, let's fucking complain and tell the guys at ESL they are a joke! because that's definitely going to make them give Halo more support in the future, right? If you like so much MLG and you think they do a better job than ESL, what are you doing watching a Pro League organized by them? Just wait for MLG to make their own Pro League, so yeah, keep waiting.

:intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

As much as people are having a problem with this @ hit the nail right on the head. Look at the price of the VIP ticket. $60? That is a game to everyone. It isn't too much, so you shouldn't be expecting too much. The impression I am getting from ESL is that they are trying to slowly help build the scene in Halo. This venue is larger than the last one, that is an important development. The real question is, how many people would actually buy a VIP pass for $250? Let's be realistic about it as well. The scene isn't as big as CoD. More importantly, who would pay $250 to see 4 teams play? I know I wouldn't, especially on top of airfare, hotel, and food. I understand why there is some bitterness, but we have to be thinking of what they are doing. I don't know if it is right in the end, but it seems ok to me FOR NOW. 

I agree.  Lets incentivize people to show up with lower prices and try to fill up a larger venue.  If they can fill that thing half way (given how late the notice is and how few teams there will be, that will be a miracle) and give people a good experience, that will be more valuable than the "stuff" they get.

I think about parties and wedding and other events i have been to like concerts and MLG events back in 2007. I dont remember or still have any of the stuff I got or bought, but i do remember the experiences

You guys cry about literally everything.

i dont up-vote what cratos says much, but i would give all my daily up-votes to this right now.

• Upvote (+1) 9

Will they even sell 200 tickets to have the Mega Bloks and plush cell phone holder (cringe) even run out?

And the point of VIP is to get a VIP experience, MLG does tours, you get in an hour early so that you can get in line for the exclusive merchandise, the ESL VIP experience is just an upcharge for basically nothing of actual value, just access to a lounge area with a bar.

I'd rather pay $250 and actually get an experience out of it than $60 and have access to a "comfy leather couch."

Also, people plan for months in advance to attend MLG events, it's more than just walking through a door to spectate a LAN, it's an entire production.

It will be interesting to see what ESL brings to the table in that regard.

Also the only difference between the pricing in tickets for ESL is:

• Access to 4th floor VIP area including comfortable couches to hang out and enjoy the show on multiple TVs
  • Participate in the FFA tournament with $5,000 prize pool
That's it, literally everything else between the two tickets is identical.
To be perfectly honest, I'd choose the $60 halo option over the $250 MLG option every time.

Both packages come with worthless benefits. the MLG benefits are better- but not $190 better. The latter is clearly the more egregious and arbitrary up charge.

Atleast my wife and kid would get some use out of the toys and plush... There's no sweater or backstage tour worth the difference in price....

I've gotta side with Cratos on this one... Seems like people are whining just to whine at this point.

• Upvote (+1) 5

i dont up-vote what cratos says much, but i would give all my daily up-votes to this right now.

This x 1000.  I didn't think I'd have to thank @@CyReN for showing how to block people on here, but got damn---you fuckers made me upvote cratos.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I only spent like 33$ on Regionals tickets... Got a $70 controller.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You guys are complaining about other people complaining now :wutface:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Are you paying for my flight and hotel? ;)

I heard @@Batchford was paying for everyone's if you can beat him in a 1v1 on Orion.

If anything tonight is a sad night. No more will my Thursday and Friday night's be sacred time of love and devotion on Twitch. No more poring over Fantasy stats and staying up til one wondering who is making into finals. 

It was a good season. 

I can't wait for the next one and am excited for the changes we gonna get. 

They need to announce venue information more than 2 weeks ahead of time. The more time you give people to plan their trip to the vent the more people will come.

Their ineptitude in logistical planning is embarrassing. They got away with it for Worlds because it was Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 1

To be perfectly honest, I'd choose the $60 halo option over the $250 MLG option every time.

Both packages come with worthless benefits. the MLG benefits are better- but not $190 better. The latter is clearly the more egregious and arbitrary up charge.

Atleast my wife and kid would get some use out of the toys and plush... There's no sweater or backstage tour worth the difference in price....

I've gotta side with Cratos on this one... Seems like people are whining just to whine at this point.

People are whining because they are used to a certain standard. A standard esl and 343 are choosing not to live up to due to sheer stubbornness. At this point it feels like a slap in the face and i dont blame people for being upset.

• Downvote (-1) 1

They need to announce venue information more than 2 weeks ahead of time. The more time you give people to plan their trip to the vent the more people will come.

Their ineptitude in logistical planning is embarrassing. They got away with it for Worlds because it was Worlds.

They did though.  Venue was announced at the beginning of the month.  That's a month to plan a trip.  Only the tickets were just released but the venue has been know for two weeks now.

• Upvote (+1) 3

People are whining because they are used to a certain standard. A standard esl and 343 are choosing not to live up to due to sheer stubbornness. At this point it feels like a slap in the face and i dont blame people for being upset.

Yea, I'm sure both companies have internal motivation of, "let's not do what MLG did just to upset the competitive Halo fanbase! That's a real smart business decision!." C'mon.

Personally, if I lived near the venue I would be all over a $60 price fee to watch a pre-league finals. Hell, taking your girlfriend to a movie would be damn near the same price.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1