CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

So what the duece happened with Liquid and E6 last night?!

(I know the score)

I would also like to take this opportunity to say to those people who were crying out for a 12 team pro league, JUST LOOK AT THE STANDINGS.

We do not have the player base to make a competitive 12 team pro league.

I think their is probably enough talent to add two more teams. I think their are some AM players who are better than current Pro players... And some player combinations that would work better that what we have currently.

12 would definately be a stretch.

I would also like to take this opportunity to say to those people who were crying out for a 12 team pro league, JUST LOOK AT THE STANDINGS.

We do not have the player base to make a competitive 12 team pro league.

Exactly. 10 teams at most.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Two more teams would just mean optic and liquid would have 2-4 more wins and we'd have 2 AM level teams in 9th and 10th with 1-2 wins at the end of the season.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Two more teams would just mean optic and liquid would have 2-4 more wins and we'd have 2 AM level teams in 9th and 10th with 1-2 wins at the end of the season.

It's all a matter of opinion IMO. 

I think you are overselling Optic and Liquid, and underselling all of the grinding AMs have been doing over the course of the season. AMs are hungry, and have been putting so much time every week. If they had more opportunities to scrim and play against existing Pros it's scary thinking how good some of them would be.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I think you are overselling Optic and Liquid, and underselling all of the grinding AMs have been doing over the course of the season. AMs are hungry, and have been putting so much time every week. If they had more opportunities to scrim and play against existing Pros it's scary thinking how good some of them would be.

I'm not overselling optic and liquid. I think they're terrible. I'm thinking about what's best for the league. The stream already goes until 1am EST sometimes. Adding 2 teams adds another game each day. You can argue that the extra game wouldn't even be competitive most of the time (think CLG/e6 vs top 2 AM teams).

I guess we'll see how good they are at relegations. If Denial and elevate can't take a spot, I don't know how you can say any other team would.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm not overselling optic and liquid. I think they're terrible. I'm thinking about what's best for the league. The stream already goes until 1am EST sometimes. Adding 2 teams adds another game each day. You can argue that the extra game wouldn't even be competitive most of the time (think CLG/e6 vs top 2 AM teams).

I guess we'll see how good they are at relegations. If Denial and elevate can't take a spot, I don't know how you can say any other team would.

It starts at 8pm. Why couldn't it start earlier, it's just one match.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It starts at 8pm. Why couldn't it start earlier, it's just one match.

In order to make it end before midnight EST with 5 games they'd at least have to start 2 hours earlier than they do now. Not sure ppl on the west coast can watch halo at 3pm on Thursday while they're at work.

Also, apparently some pros aren't even awake by then.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Snip

I agree with your points. What about having the team that finishes last automatically relegated to the winner of the last Open Cup? (Currently, Liquid would drop for Denial automatically) - I don't know how it would work in terms of 7th/2nd (as a single matchup for relegation isn't very hype) but it would at least have some 'punishment' for finishing last.

Optic got knocked into the losers bracket of the LQC, WITH Naded on the team...By Elevate if I remember correctly. To suggest that there will definately be fewer competitive games is just nonsense. AMs have been working their asses off since then.

Regarding the League Start times, they could easily start an hour early, or spread matches more throughout the week.

These AM teams and players have gotten better since the LQCs. I remember being happy when Optic qualified for the league. But they just don't seem to have the drive. Had Elevate made it in instead, and got to scrim with Pros every night, I think the league would have been more interesting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

So what the duece happened with Liquid and E6 last night?!

(I know the score)

I would also like to know. WTF happened @@Cratos? Would have thought e6 should stomp them.  Bad night I guess.

I agree with your points. What about having the team that finishes last automatically relegated to the winner of the last Open Cup? (Currently, Liquid would drop for Denial automatically) - I don't know how it would work in terms of 7th/2nd (as a single matchup for relegation isn't very hype) but it would at least have some 'punishment' for finishing last.

I like this idea a lot actually, I think it makes every game extremely important and makes the bottom two teams (optic and liquid in this case) actually keep trying all the way until the end of the season as if they didn't then there would be drastic consequences for the entire team. I think everyone knows optic and liquid were phoning it in and not giving their all this week (especially against clg) but why should they. Under this current format, they can do nothing for two months and still get through.

Liquid is not taking the league seriously, we heard audley say they never even go back over games as A TEAM. and Optic well hey they would rather go to COD events and listen to drake albums then play halo. This also provides a  incentive to the challenger league teams as they are GUARANTEED to have qualified for the pro league instead of just a shot at the pro league.

All in all, it creates much more hype for both leagues and will lead to the players taking it more serious as there is a real deterrent and incentive. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

pls attend. Like I said last time, you can watch Batchford choke on LAN.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Optic got knocked into the losers bracket of the LQC, WITH Naded on the team...By Elevate if I remember correctly. To suggest that there will definately be fewer competitive games is just nonsense.

First off, completely different elevate team. They have definitely downgraded since the LCQ. Second, you're saying they could compete with optic, the second worst team in the league. You can't legitimately think they have a chance at beating any teams in the top 6.

Also, if the top 6 teams thought Denial and elevate were worth scrimming, they would. I've asked snakebite in his chat and he said there's just no real benefit from scrimming them.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I can't attend. I live in Wales, riding sheep will take too long to get there. 

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Especially when your endurance levels are so low and your recovery times are so high. By jesus it would take some man to ride a sheep from wales all the way to the ESL studios. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Also cant go, too far for Irish folk

• Downvote (-1) 1

I'd totally ride a sheep that far purely to see @@Batchford choke and @@TheSimms.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Can't go either, New Jersey is too far

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Smee mee I agree with all your points. As bad as Liquid is at the moment, I don't see anyone else in the AM league beating them to get in. And Optic was just sad to watch. As an outsider looking in, it looks as if they've just stopped caring. I think Maniac even tweeted something to the effect it's a buzzkill knowing they had nothing to play for. Even though they put themselves in that position.

but if that last place team is still better than the best AM team, doing this would not have the best 8 teams in the pro-league.  If the best AM team is better than the worst pro-league team at the end of the season, they will earn their spot in the league.  I think the way it works now is good.

I would also like to know. WTF happened @@Cratos? Would have thought e6 should stomp them.  Bad night I guess.

yeah, every team has bad nights i suppose.  They are definitely the superior team to liquid by a wide margin.  Better to have an off-night during the week than on thurs/friday