CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Optic and Liquid are almost definitely more talented individually than anyone theyre gonna face. And playing against the very best teams in the world every week isnt going to make you worse.

I'd bet at least optic doesn't get relegated. Less confident about liquid, but theyre just sick individual players, its hard to see them losing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Man when i first started watching T2's stream he would reply by typing and rarely actually speak. He would also sit with his face right against the webcam, like he was trying to hide his jail cell background. Now his stream quality is up there with anyone i watch and he seems to "get it". Really enjoying his streams/casting.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Optic and Liquid are almost definitely more talented individually than anyone theyre gonna face. And playing against the very best teams in the world every week isnt going to make you worse.

I'd bet at least optic doesn't get relegated. Less confident about liquid, but theyre just sick individual players, its hard to see them losing.

I feel like optic isn't any better individually than they were when the season started. In fact they are significantly worse since Naded left. They had to make it in through the losers bracket of the LQC, even with Naded on their team, and were nearly bumped out.

Their potential competition, however, has improved throught the course of the season IMO

If optic makes it through relegation, I'll be very surprised.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Fatal Ambition won the replay of fathom flag 3-0. Game 5 up next. 

Fatal Ambition wins Game 5. Loser Bracket can now continue thank god lol

• Upvote (+1) 1

I feel like optic isn't any better individually than they were when the season started. In fact they are significantly worse since Naded left. They had to make it in through the losers bracket of the LQC, even with Naded on their team, and were nearly bumped out.

Their potential competition, however, has improved throught the course of the season IMO

If optic makes it through relegation, I'll be very surprised.

Yeah APG is not playing well at all. Maniac doesn't seem to have improved, Str8 Sick started off super hot, but has been very average as of recent. Ace is the only one playing well. I think an AM team consisting of 4 solid players can take them down. You just have to look past the big names.

I think a team consisting of Ninja, Naded, Spartan and Danoxide or Hysteria will mesh very well and have no tilting.

:kappa:

That would tilt the fucking Milky Way :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Tsquared is an absolute monster. He can somehow talk nonstop and make sense during it. One man casting that is enjoyable is crazy. Kind of sad New Era didn't pan out, but looking forward to seeing Denial vs eLevate. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Tsquared is an absolute monster. He can somehow talk nonstop and make sense during it. One man casting that is enjoyable is crazy. Kind of sad New Era didn't pan out, but looking forward to seeing Denial vs eLevate. 

except denial isn't playing elevate 

BOTH semi-finals went to game 5 and were decided by 1 kill. CRAZY

• Upvote (+1) 1

3sUP vs Denial in WB Finals.

Winner is in the pro league relegation tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 1

except denial isn't playing elevate 

BOTH semi-finals went to game 5 and were decided by 1 kill. CRAZY

Randa choked that game away. Two off the map deaths. 

1: the pro league thread has become the open circuit thread.

2: the open circuit finals has thus far been more entertaining than every night of proleague

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

1: the pro league thread has become the open circuit thread.

2: the open circuit finals has thus far been more entertaining than every night of proleague

1. This should be re-named 'HCS Summer 2016'.

2. a) More high risk - high reward plays IMO.

b) Better casting (T2 and Towey)

• Upvote (+1) 1

honestly tournament format is way more exciting than pro league. Not too familiar with csgo but it would be cool if we could have some "majors" (open events) which are official HCS events (wonder if mlg would be allowed to run these if they were nothing to do with pro league).

honestly tournament format is way more exciting than pro league. Not too familiar with csgo but it would be cool if we could have some "majors" (open events) which are official HCS events (wonder if mlg would be allowed to run these if they were nothing to do with pro league).

MLG can run them with pros (so long as they aren't HCS events)

MLG can run them without pro's as official HCS events

Neither of those makes much sense for MLG though

MLG can run them with pros (so long as they aren't HCS events)

MLG can run them without pro's as official HCS events

Neither of those makes much sense for MLG though

They can hold their own online league that doesn't run on thursday/friday night

They can hold their own LAN tourneys but pros can't play on friday.

Honestly there's a lot of wiggle room here, just give the top 8 teams some sort of by so they don't have to play Friday and shit can be done.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does t2 own the name and logo for Str8 Rippin? or does MLG own all of the ones from back in the day?

Does t2 own the name and logo for Str8 Rippin? or does MLG own all of the ones from back in the day?

He owns it

They can hold their own online league that doesn't run on thursday/friday night

They can hold their own LAN tourneys but pros can't play on friday.

Honestly there's a lot of wiggle room here, just give the top 8 teams some sort of by so they don't have to play Friday and shit can be done.

Yeah this is how i understood it. Would be cool if one half of fall season is played out and we have a break for a LAN event to break up the monotony of league games and then the second half could be played. Also we could have an event between seasons. Not sure what would be wrong with this. ESL can host the mid-season event if they want.

• Upvote (+1) 1