CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I thought we learned our lesson about predicting RNG at a certain placing

Flashbacks to HWC :wutface:

Hopefully they can keep it together, they've had some tough weeks in pro league. If they can play like they did this week they should be fine.

Shame about EG though. They picked the wrong week to have a bad one. It cost 'em the playoffs. Still convinced those vacations did them in this season.

Also:

https://twitter.com/fantasyhcs/status/751793705837858817

Anybody notice a pattern?

Cmon bro you just called EG Top 2 :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 3

Cmon bro you just called EG Top 2 :kappa:

Still think they're a top 3 team, just didn't get it together this season for fair reasons. 

I mean, pretty impressive regardless for having careers going on at the same time, IMO.

Especially when you consider their competition can play religiously in comparison. 

They pulled a 4-3 record against a playoff team and almost took the series off nV despite being a week after vacation (week of they got 3-0d though...).

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Still think they're a top 3 team, just didn't get it together this season for fair reasons.

I mean, pretty impressive regardless for having careers going on at the same time, IMO.

lmao top 3 and they aren't going to the LAN for top 4. Your math is a little off.

Also, I meant to neg you not plus rep :(

• Upvote (+1) 7
  • Downvote (-1) 4

I think if you gave Scump, Crimsix, Karma and Formal a week of practice on Halo 5 they could do better than the current Optic Halo squad has been doing over the past 2 weeks.

Yeah no.

Crimsix would just not play.

Scump is an average Onyx player (I've matched with/against him 10+ times).

No idea about Karma.

Formal would definitely be the best of the bunch.

Lack of game understanding would completely ruin them. I'm sure they'd be able to shoot at a pro level, but so can tons of AMs. It's the game knowledge that separates the best teams.

As shitty as OpTic has been doing lately, they are still a top 10/12 team at the very worst. I mean they aren't even the worst in the pro league.

• Upvote (+1) 8

lmao top 3 and they aren't going to the LAN for top 4. Your math is a little off.

I may be off here, but I assume he was saying in terms of theoretical ability. Kinda like sports fans will often say 'They should have won the league' or 'They were a top 4 team' but they're saying it to stress the issues.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Its an online league where they took two unfortunately timed vacations. Considering how close they still were to making it in, how is this a far-fetched statement?

The 4th place team they split series with, and have a 4-3 record against. The only guaranteed statement you can make is that E6 and CLG are waaaaay above them. I think it's not so much individual talent but how good they are as teams.

And as a side note, E6 is starting to remind me of CLG a lot, despite not having the best 4 players in the league like CLG does. They're just a really great team. So in-sync. 

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I may be off here, but I assume he was saying in terms of theoretical ability. Kinda like sports fans will often say 'They should have won the league' or 'They were a top 4 team' but they're saying it to stress the issues.

Unfortunately, "theoretical ability" means jack shit. How good could EG be? Who knows. All we know is that thy placed outside top 4 and that's that. Saying they are a top 3 team at this point just seems stupid especially with how strong E6 and nV have been.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Unfortunately, "theoretical ability" means jack shit. How good could EG be? Who knows. All we know is that thy placed outside top 4 and that's that. Saying they are a top 3 team at this point just seems stupid especially with how strong E6 and nV have been.

I don't fully disagree with you (and I don't think EG are a top 3 team personally), I just wanted to point out how I think it was meant. :)

Its kind of the same shit going on with Worlds (Bo5's, single elim nonsense). You can't really know who's top 4 based off an online league, especially when, like I said, the 4th place team has a losing record to EG. 

All 6 teams should have been at LAN IMO. Would have been cool to see, considering the alternative is two teams sitting around with thumbs up their asses. 

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

"I do more than just find cool spots on maps" - Frosty

DcAHYlV.png

"Ours backs still hurt" - huku dubu

EdYwo1I.png

"We were a Game 5 choke away from passing CLG, now were sitting in 3rd. FeelsBadMan" - EnVy

YDUvYF4.png

"Hamy was hungry for more than just food" - Renegades

o1z6t5Y.png

• Upvote (+1) 8

Its kind of the same shit going on with Worlds (Bo5's, single elim nonsense). You can't really know who's top 4 based off an online league, especially when, like I said, the 4th place team has a losing record to EG.

All 6 teams should have been at LAN IMO. Would have been cool to see, considering the alternative is two teams sitting around with thumbs up their asses.

I think that all 6 teams are probably deserving of a shot on LAN, but IMO it adds a lot of weight to each pro league matches when 2 teams face relegation and 2 more get left on an island. If everyone made the playoffs why have a season, ya know?
  • Upvote (+1) 3

I think that all 6 teams are probably deserving of a shot on LAN, but IMO it adds a lot of weight to each pro league matches when 2 teams face relegation and 2 more get left on an island. If everyone made the playoffs why have a season, ya know?

Because the alternative is two people sitting around doing nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I could maybe understand questioning whether a team's placing accurately reflects their skill/ability in a single elim tourney. Less so in a double elim tourney. But I really don't understand it at all in a league where everyone plays everyone...twice.  Kinda preposterous, really.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I could maybe understand questioning whether a team's placing accurately reflects their skill/ability in a single elim tourney. Less so in a double elim tourney. But I really don't understand it at all in a league where everyone plays everyone...twice.  Kinda preposterous, really.

Wouldn't that be the reverse? EG's map record against RNG is 4-3, but RNG is going to the playoffs. Idk. 

edit: Re: @@ssbChad's stats:

As good as Ninja has been all season long, seeing @@Commonly have better stats this week is... wow. Damn Hamy. That's insane.

Especially when you consider their competition can play religiously in comparison. 

They pulled a 4-3 record against a playoff team and almost took the series off nV despite being a week after vacation (week of they got 3-0d though...).

I'm an EG fan but they did not perform well in this league. You can compare how EG matched up to other teams all you want but the standings don't lie. All of the outside elements like careers and vacations are all individual choices that can be controlled, which I'm not criticizing them for, but at the end of the day there is no room for EXCUSES when competing. If EG were top 3 then they would have been top 3 but they're not

• Upvote (+1) 7

Wouldn't that be the reverse? EG's record against RNG is 4-3, but RNG is going to the playoffs. Idk. 

edit: Re: @@ssbChad's stats:

As good as Ninja has been all season long, seeing @@Commonly have better stats this week is... wow. Damn Hamy. That's insane.

And RNG currently has a winning map count against E6 and are even with nV, both of who are ahead of them. Doesn't really mean much. A league where you play everyone twice measures consistency and you relative strength against every team.

In the english premier league (everyone plays twice) people often say "the table doesn't lie," I think that's true here. Every team has extenuating circumstances at some point, whether it be vacations, sickness, not being able to eat, etc. Good thing about the league is that is it long enough to allow teams to bounce back and show what they are made of.

Also, Ninja still has him on the KA/D ;) Although Pengs gottem both :rekt:

• Upvote (+1) 5

I would agree with this. If anything, a league is a better indicator than a tourney as single results mean less. In a tourney, the best team can go out to bad luck, one poor game or in extreme cases a poor decision. In a league, this is much less likely.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm an EG fan but they did not perform well in this league. You can compare how EG matched up to other teams all you want but the standings don't lie. All of the outside elements like careers and vacations are all individual choices that can be controlled, which I'm not criticizing them for, but at the end of the day there is no room for EXCUSES when competing. If EG were top 3 then they would have been top 3 but they're not

They CAN control it sure, but why wouldn't I take that into account? The teams who have the most time to play are accurately reflected in the standings. It's a bit of a shame but, like you said, they're doing it to themselves. Which I can't blame them. A good career > Halo, IMO.

And RNG currently has a winning map count against E6 and are even with nV, both of who are ahead of them. Doesn't really mean much. A league where you play everyone twice measures consistency and you relative strength against every team.

In the english premier league (everyone plays twice) people often say "the table doesn't lie," I think that's true here. Every team has extenuating circumstances at some point, whether it be vacations, sickness, not being able to eat, etc. Good thing about the league is that is it long enough to allow teams to bounce back and show what they are made of.

Also, Ninja still has him on the KA/D ;) Although Pengs gottem both :rekt:

I guess so? Tables don't lie, and there's def. no excusing EG not making the playoffs, but, I don't think EG is definitely worse than RNG, nV, etc. They, without question did perform horribly this season, but I've already stated my thoughts on why that was the case.

Every great team has a slump. For EG it started with that first vacation and they never recovered. 

And you're right about Ninjas KA/D but I still think Commonly is the best player on that team, with Penguin at a close second. :P

I would agree with this. If anything, a league is a better indicator than a tourney as single results mean less. In a tourney, the best team can go out to bad luck, one poor game or in extreme cases a poor decision. In a league, this is much less likely.

Idk, I have a hard time believing anything "online" is a definitive statement. LAN is where it will always count. 

We'll see once these players get out of their comfort zones in their own little spaces at home and have to do the same work in a tense, LAN environment. 

CLG will probably mop up the competition again.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Idk, I have a hard time believing anything "online" is a definitive statement. LAN is where it will always count. 

We'll see once these players get out of their comfort zones in their own little spaces at home and have to do the same work in a tense, LAN environment. 

CLG will probably mop up the competition again.

No point being great if you don't make it to the place where it matters. If the Patriots don't make the play offs, you can't then say 'well they would do better in the playoffs' - the league format rewards those who are the best over time.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I also think EG has just had a bad season. But unfortunately, to use a cliche 'you're only as good as your last game' (or in this case, your last season) and EG just haven't done it. (Which makes me sad, I'm a big fan of EG.)

• Upvote (+1) 2

No point being great if you don't make it to the place where it matters. If the Patriots don't make the play offs, you can't then say 'well they would do better in the playoffs' - the league format rewards those who are the best over time.

I'm not denying that, definitely. 

Still though, we've been through this before. Online results =/= which teams are actually the best and especially in specific orders.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Every great team has a slump. For EG it started with that first vacation and they never recovered. 

And you're right about Ninjas KA/D but I still think Commonly is the best player on that team, with Penguin at a close second. :P

If a team is in a "slump" over the course of an entire season, at what point does one begin to accept that maybe it's not a slump at all and is just an accurate reflection of where they are these days. I mean, I get what you are saying, they def dropped off after the vacation. But they've had so much time to right the ship and haven't. Team housing it for weeks now and nothings changed.

On RNG, I really can't decide who I think is the best player on that team. Ninja Hammy and Penguin are all monsters at H5 and I think they take turns being the best. This week they all played amazingly.

• Upvote (+1) 2

We are absolutely not a top 3 team, our map count vs the top 4 teams is abysmal, 2-12 vs E6/nV regardless of how close some were, 0-3 to CLG, and a solid 4-3 vs renegades. That 4th spot was a toss up between ALG RNG and us, which could have gone any way. Please stop making excuses for us, we don't deserve it

JUST FUCK ME RIGHT UP, THANKS FAM

:mj:

If a team is in a "slump" over the course of an entire season, at what point does one begin to accept that maybe it's not a slump at all and is just an accurate reflection of where they are these days. I mean, I get what you are saying, they def dropped off after the vacation. But they've had so much time to right the ship and haven't. Team housing it for weeks now and nothings changed.

On RNG, I really can't decide who I think is the best player on that team. Ninja Hammy and Penguin are all monsters at H5 and I think they take turns being the best. This week they all played amazingly.

They're very clearly a top team man. Theyve proved it with this roster before, the problems they have they've never corrected and I think it's largely due to those vacations, TWICE.

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 2