CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Q: Nick why do you think aPG hasn’t been performing as well as he did before OpTic?

A: I think the whole @@aPG thing is blown a little out of the water. He’s one o the most skilled players in Halo history. His time will come.

I can't tell if that's a typo or an Easter egg

• Upvote (+1) 6

No typos. I have screenshots to back it up if needed. What part are you referring to?

not an easter egg.

a goose egg.

• Upvote (+1) 5

top 4 = playing in the playoffs

7/8 = playing vs top 2 am teams for relegation

what are teams 5/6 going to do?

top 4 = playing in the playoffs

7/8 = playing vs top 2 am teams for relegation

what are teams 5/6 going to do?

Nothing, except remain in pro league for next season without having to re-qualify.

My biggest complaint about hcs broadcasts before was not being able to follow game flow or storyline of a game because it felt like they were constantly switching POV's and gave commentary that was hard to paint a picture of whats happening overall but now T2 and elamite have made me so happy. They provide really exciting commentary that allows me to follow the flow of the game and allow me to see the big picture of a whole game. This makes me incredibly happy as i now have an interest and understanding in what is taking place on my screen. Im not saying i dont understand what is happening but rather they make it really easy for me to follow along with what teams are doing and looking to do and why player x is doing what he is doing at that moment.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Analysis from yesterday:

- T2 needs to be a permanent caster. He's so fkn good.

- Roy and Lunchbox are getting back into form.

- E6 is dominant

- RNG turnt up.

- OpTic shat the bed (no surprise).

- Huke is the GOAT.

- A Pure Goose.

• Upvote (+1) 1

:apg:

• Upvote (+1) 9

Happy for Hamy and I'll gladly root for him in the playoffs. Penguin also looked great. Those two have officially become quite the duo and I can't wait to see what prospective teams they can form next season.

Next season I think they should team with Spartan and Stellar, how epic of a team would that be.

@Tsquared says a lot of what is happening quickly and effectively, this is in regard to action that is taking place off stream as well. 
There were numerous times where he was listing the kill feed action that we couldn't see. 

Typically the previous casters were too caught up in the moment of what we could see from a single players perspective. I feel like it helped a lot from a spectators perspective.

As I said a week ago or so, he's definitely passionate about the game and the community and it shows in his casting. Both him and @Elamite did a great job with their back and forth trade offs. Very little interruptions between the two. 

This was the first night of the HCS Pro League that I've seen its entirety as well. The pacing of the matches definitely seemed quicker with less down time. 

I'd like to see the OT rules change for a game like CTF though. If it ends in a tie like 2-2, the next cap should win in the reset. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

I love the way RNG showed up this week. The last few weeks were rough, but it's pretty obvious why.

I feel pretty confident in them when they are playing like this. The only team they didn't split with or sweep in the league is CLG, so I like their chances at top 2 when it comes to Finals. (Assuming they don't suffer the greatest collapse in known history)

Wish we had more than 4 teams at LAN though, ALG really improved and I'd like to see them compete.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Apparently South African Halo is a thing (didn't know glad it exists) which makes the title of Halo World Champion a lot more relevant. Halo/HCS should really be focusing assets on helping these smaller parts of Halo (ANZ, South Africa, and Asia) grow to keep the game relevant beyond the US. 

• Upvote (+1) 8

I love the way RNG showed up this week. The last few weeks were rough, but it's pretty obvious why.

I feel pretty confident in them when they are playing like this. The only team they didn't split with or sweep in the league is CLG, so I like their chances at top 2 when it comes to Finals. (Assuming they don't suffer the greatest collapse in known history)

Wish we had more than 4 teams at LAN though, ALG really improved and I'd like to see them compete.

I thought we learned our lesson about predicting RNG at a certain placing

Flashbacks to HWC :wutface:

Hopefully they can keep it together, they've had some tough weeks in pro league. If they can play like they did this week they should be fine.

Shame about EG though. They picked the wrong week to have a bad one. It cost 'em the playoffs. Still convinced those vacations did them in this season.

Also:

https://twitter.com/fantasyhcs/status/751793705837858817

Anybody notice a pattern?

Apparently South African Halo is a thing (didn't know glad it exists) which makes the title of Halo World Champion a lot more relevant. Halo/HCS should really be focusing assets on helping these smaller parts of Halo (ANZ, South Africa, and Asia) grow to keep the game relevant beyond the US. 

There was a South African team at the EMEA regionals.

• Upvote (+1) 2