CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I don't think anything would redeem a goose lol short of winning this series. At least not during this series.

but i like the meme

Hello :beyond: fam! Been lurking the forums since day one. Sincere thanks for all the intel, memes and life-changing discussion over the years!

I think one important way of bridging the gap with traditional sports is by providing a comparable level of analytics/data (shoutout to everyone putting in the work on this front). Going forward I hope to have the time to work on some of the more technical ideas I have (my background is in economics), but for now I just wanted to share this.

HCS Elo ratings

apvro77.png

I'm surprised this hasn't been done for the pro league yet (that I'm aware of). If you're not familiar with team Elo ratings, they are an elegant and practical way of measuring a team's relative strength (FiveThirtyEight has a great primer.). I won't go into the (H-Elo?) methodology and data here but I can certainly do so later.

P.S. I'm sure this will go over well with the power rankings. Enjoy!  :kappa: 
P.P.S. If I can get this worked far back enough, then yes: this can finally answer if 2016 CLG could beat 07 Final Boss. :apg: (spoiler: I can't) 

amazing, i love you

Does he expect pity? It was entirely his fault.

he's definitely taking this pro league thing seriously  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

"If Liquid was better they might have won more games" lol.

Dan was sleeping before the series started. Spartan had to call him like 30 times. #Dedication. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Had a few problems getting this out before Pro League started tonight but it just went live, really hope you guys like it. Feedback is always appreciated! <3

I love this Towey. Keep it up.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Had a few problems getting this out before Pro League started tonight but it just went live, really hope you guys like it. Feedback is always appreciated! <3

I notice you guys are having electrical problems. If only 2 of your players were electricians.  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 8

if EG loses this series I'm going full Allegiance fan.

missed opportunity to say "pledge allegiance"

-10 points for Gryffindor

• Upvote (+1) 2

This was great! Definitely helped me realize things aren't always as they seem.

It looks like they might have lost power since all of EG seemed to lag out.

• Upvote (+1) 1

This restart is going to fuck EG. Mark my words

I understand RNG was in favorable position before they all lagged out but I think RNG will carry the momentum into the replay

Restart definitely helps EG... RNG had sniper and control. Penguin looked like he was getting ready to snipe two EG guys who were crouching in flowers and didnt know he had an angle on them.

Not trying to be a dick, and I am biased as a RNG fan, but if a team loses power, shouldn't that be an automatic loss? That's different than a lag-out which is due to the Halo 5 servers so should warrant a restart. To me it seems like that's on the players and the not the game or league.

TO BE FAIR THOUGH, I WOULD MUCH RATHER SEE THE GAME STARTED WHERE IT LEFT OFF.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 3

Glad to see that Xfinity is providing great connection to the Team House.

Comcast does not provide electricity...

• Upvote (+1) 2

Comcast does not provide electricity...

well why the hell not? fucking comcast man i swear 

:kappa:

Not trying to be a dick, and I am biased as a RNG fan, but if a team loses power, shouldn't that be an automatic loss? That's different than a lag-out which is due to the Halo 5 servers so should warrant a restart. To me it seems like that's on the players and the not the game or league.

TO BE FAIR THOUGH, I WOULD MUCH RATHER SEE THE GAME STARTED WHERE IT LEFT OFF.

There's no real way to know though. My whole team has been kicked from these servers as well.

• Upvote (+1) 1