CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I just want to emphasize how bad of an idea this would be before anyone gets any ideas.

10/10 post

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Why are 2/8 teams not grayscale?

It's 4/8 not grayscale. The predicted winners aren't grayscale. nV is just a black logo and you can see the blue in the E6 logos eye

• Upvote (+1) 2

4* and a inner shadow has been used on the rest. Always wondered why this was done myself

4* and a inner shadow has been used on the rest. Always wondered why this was done myself

Pretty much what @@ssbChad said. I use a completely gray nV logo for when they lose/predicted to lose, rather than the black. 

Also, I like the inner shadow effect, but you can really only see it on a few of the logos and not E6 or nV. 

Woes of PPT and Paint unfortunately. Sorry fellas :/

I just want to emphasize how bad of an idea this would be before anyone gets any ideas.

Edit: If anyone doesn't already know, AM teams aren't getting paid salaries and most have jobs. Putting our tournaments on a(n) weekday(s) would chop our turnouts in half. It's frustrating enough that I don't get to do the Beyond/Go4Halo tourneys because they start while I'm still at work, but at least those "don't matter" in the grand scheme of things.

Main message was to combine the two League circuits on the same day. Obviously availability for amateurs should be kept in mind.

Based on the standings, and the remaining matchups.. 

It looks like RNG vs EG will be the biggest game of the season. 

RNG currently sits 4th and plays EG (6th), NV (2nd), E6 (3rd), and TL (8th).

ALG currently sits 5th and plays NV (2nd), EG (3rd), CLG (1st), OG (7th).

EG currently sits 6th and plays RNG (4th), TL (8th), OG (7th), CLG (1st). 

RNG is 5-5.

ALG is 5-5.

EG is 4-6.

If EG loses tonight, their playoff chances are all but done, but if they win it certainly adds a lot interesting scenarios in the final 3 days. 

ALG has their work cutout for them if they plan to reach the playoffs. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

While Pro League is cool in theory, Thursday and Friday night streams going until 1am is a bit crazy and hope they change it for the Fall series.

So instead we have one stream on whatever day they would decide to put it on that lasts 10+ hours? I can't think of any way that would be successful.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So instead we have one stream on Thursday/Friday that lasts 10+ hours? I can't think of any way that this would be successful.

There's no reason why we couldn't put the Pro Players on Saturday or Sunday for 1 day.

I can't think of any successful esports league that puts all of their weekly matches on one day, whether it's the weekend or not. 

I mean, are you really going to spend basically your entire Saturday/Sunday watching halo? This would also hurt viewership, which is already pretty weak.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I can't think of any successful esports league that puts all of their weekly matches on one day, whether it's the weekend or not. 

I mean, are you really going to spend basically your entire Saturday/Sunday watching halo? This would also hurt viewership, which is already pretty weak.

If I'm going to bet, I would bet that a weekend stream would get more viewers than a weekday stream going into 1am.

• Upvote (+1) 2

In my mind it doesn't seem like there is a problem that's being solved by cutting down the number of days for HCS. Pro/Challenger league on different days ensures viewers aren't being split by the two leagues, and also allows those competing in one to watch the other.

And like @@YouFailMe said, I imagine with the number of people that would dedicate 2 nights vs the number of people who would dedicate an entire day to watching Pro league, you'll end up losing out on viewers.

• Upvote (+1) 3

If I'm going to bet, I would bet that a weekend stream would get more viewers than a weekday stream going into 1am.

Yeah I'm all for moving pro league to Saturday AND Sunday. However, a one day stream that could last up to 12 hours when you include delays, intermissions, analysis, ect. is just not a great way to maintain viewers throughout the day. Right now, I have no problem sitting down Thursday and Friday and watching all 4 matches. If you put all 8 matches in one day there's a 99% chance I'm only tuning in for the 2 CLG series because it's just plain irresponsible (IMO) to spend an entire day of the weekend watching halo.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Not sure if the conversation about MLG running events is still ongoing, but if they are allowed to run non-HCS point events then would it be sensible for MLG to run a event similar to IEM/mid season invitational? take the top two or so from each of the regions or a reasonable prize pool?

This way the event is "meaningful" as part of the over all HCS narrative whilst not having any direct effect on the HCS.

Slightly busy watching the footy so I skipped over some of the last few pages of conversation. Sorry if I'm repeating something that has already been suggested.

Today is the first day in almost two months that I'll be able to watch Halo. 

RNG vs EG sit on my face  :prayers:

• Upvote (+1) 7

Not sure if the conversation about MLG running events is still ongoing, but if they are allowed to run non-HCS point events then would it be sensible for MLG to run a event similar to IEM/mid season invitational? take the top two or so from each of the regions or a reasonable prize pool?

This way the event is "meaningful" as part of the over all HCS narrative whilst not having any direct effect on the HCS.

Slightly busy watching the footy so I skipped over some of the last few pages of conversation. Sorry if I'm repeating something that has already been suggested.

They could. There's lots of things they can do. Right now, Halo is developer subsidized.... and MLG isn't getting any of that cash. So running an event means losing money.

Based on the standings, and the remaining matchups.. 

It looks like RNG vs EG will be the biggest game of the season. 

RNG currently sits 4th and plays EG (6th), NV (2nd), E6 (3rd), and TL (8th).

ALG currently sits 5th and plays NV (2nd), EG (3rd), CLG (1st), OG (7th).

EG currently sits 6th and plays RNG (4th), TL (8th), OG (7th), CLG (1st). 

RNG is 5-5.

ALG is 5-5.

EG is 4-6.

If EG loses tonight, their playoff chances are all but done, but if they win it certainly adds a lot interesting scenarios in the final 3 days. 

ALG has their work cutout for them if they plan to reach the playoffs. 

An EG win it will make ALG's road to the finals a lot harder(assuming all three will win their games against OG & TL), so if I was an ALG fan, I'd pray for an RNG win.

I'm probably missing the obvious but is there no EU pro league tonight?

Yes, there's no EU Pro League tonight. It only lasted five weeks, finals on 24th.

• Upvote (+1) 1

ewww it wouldn't be fair to neg you for that.

Haha I'm running out of 8s.

Cam Neely?

Haha I'm running out of 8s.

Cam Neely?

Troy Aikman....Austin was born in 93' the first of their 3 superbowl victories in the 90's

Also I really tried to name him Dallas, his mom wasn't going for it. Thus Austin (She had no idea it was a city in Texas) or she would have vetoed that as well...something NV seemed to have missed as well this week ...cough

• Upvote (+1) 9

Trivia for today....Mikwen's emblem is the number 8 ..... A famous athlete wore that number and is now retired in the Hall of Fame...who?

Iron man cal ripken

• Upvote (+1) 1