CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Tuesday - Vetoes

Thursday - Pro League

Friday - Pro League

Saturday - Open Cup

Sunday - Legendary Bracket

Anything HCS related should not take up 5 days. The current setup takes up what, 4 days? That is already ridiculous. 2 days should be the maximum.

Saturday: Challenger

Sunday: Pro

I still have no clue where this like 4-5 day schedule came from, doesnt make any sense to  me personally. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

You can't phrase the question as if there is only one famous athlete who wore the number 8 and is in the HOF lol

Yogi Berra and Cal Ripken Jr. were both great guesses and can't be "wrong". Maybe it's not the athlete you're thinking of, but you need to state in the question that there are several number 8s in the HOF, "can you guess the one that I am thinking of?"

My guess is Steve Young. Please don't tell me it's Kobe, who isn't in the HOF yet and only wore 8 for half of his career.

Edit: damn, someone guessed it 5 min before me

It's also the reason why Mikwen uses that as his emblem. Maybe he has said in the past who it is; and if you are a Mikwen super fan, you would know to whom papamikwen is referring.

Trivia for today....Mikwen's emblem is the number 8 ..... A famous athlete wore that number and is now retired in the Hall of Fame...who?

Igor Larionov    \_

lol

I see RNG breaking up too. I think Ninja and VicX will stay together but Peng and Commonly are questionable. When Ninja and Commonly talk about strats or what someone did wrong its always a heated argument. Not constructive, friendly criticism. That's how it sounds like from the outside looking in at least.

Anything HCS related should not take up 5 days. The current setup takes up what, 4 days? That is already ridiculous. 2 days should be the maximum.

I still have no clue where this like 4-5 day schedule came from, doesnt make any sense to  me personally. 

The Open cups on Saturday take like 10-12 hours. Same with the Legendary cup on Sundays.

Also I think splitting up the pro teams matches to different days is a ton better. 8 Pro League matches on a single day would be tiring for everyone involved and the viewers.

Imagine being a pro team and being the 1st match of the day and then the 8th. Waiting all day to play your 2nd match?

• Upvote (+1) 3

The Open cups on Saturday take like 10-12 hours. Same with the Legendary cup on Sundays.

Also I think splitting up the pro teams matches to different days is a ton better. 8 Pro League matches on a single day would be tiring for everyone involved and the viewers.

Imagine being a pro team and being the 1st match of the day and then the 8th. Waiting all day to play your 2nd match?

Open Cups don't have streams, does it even have a huge following on Twitch on the weekends? (besides when OpTic did Challenger). There's no reason why we couldn't put the Pro Players on Saturday or Sunday for 1 day. Teams would play a max of 10 games too, which isn't that "tiring" since they scrim and play this stuff at all times. Hell, if you think 10 games (at most) is tiring you better look at what other eSports teams actually put into their craft with practice.

The only issue I could see is a team possibly waiting around to play again, but hell that happened at past Halo events anyways. These teams are getting paid, so I don't see the issue.

While Pro League is cool in theory, Thursday and Friday night streams going until 1am is a bit crazy and hope they change it for the Fall series.

Does anyone have a soundcloud link for the pit? I'm at work and Russillo is off today so I need something to play and my phone will melt if I stream twitch for that long.

Does anyone have a soundcloud link for the pit? I'm at work and Russillo is off today so I need something to play and my phone will melt if I stream twitch for that long.

It's not on soundcloud or any podcast services afaik, but it should be. You can play the twitch rebroadcast in "audio only" mode through the mobile app though.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I want to start a 2 person Beyond HCS Podcast.

I am Skip Bayless, who is my Stephen A.?

Let's do it. I can do a perf Stephen A. 

Huke and Snipedown NEED to be on the same team together next season. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Huke and Snipedown NEED to be on the same team together next season. 

Huke, bubu, snip3down, stellur?

• Upvote (+1) 1

Huke, bubu, snip3down, stellur?

oOoOo. That would be  :fire:

It'll all depend on how E6 does at the end of this season IMO. They have a good thing going right now. 3-1'd the #1 team. They have a legitimate shot at taking finals. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Man going to team beyond on mobile is awful. Not sure if anyone else gets it but it will sometimes redirect me to adware sites. Doesn't matter what browser :/.

yep, the past week has been horrible.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Aside from RNG vs EG, which I think RNG will make quick work of EG this week (RNG is so up right now: good scrims, good vibes, commonly can eat, etc. and EG has been awful in scrims this week) I generally agree with the community predictions here.

SPOpHoE.png

Power rankings? @@aPK @@Infinity

We got hit with a super hard inconvenience and couldn't pump out the ranks this week. They'll return next Tuesday  :intensifies:

Teams would play a max of 10 games too, which isn't that "tiring" since they scrim and play this stuff at all times. Hell, if you think 10 games (at most) is tiring you better look at what other eSports teams actually put into their craft with practice.

Good luck finding casters who can go at it for 8 series (potentially 40 games) straight  :apg:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Good luck finding casters who can go at it for 8 series (potentially 40 games) straight  :apg:

Maybe they should hire more talent.  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Aside from RNG vs EG, which I think RNG will make quick work of EG this week (RNG is so up right now: good scrims, good vibes, commonly can eat, etc. and EG has been awful in scrims this week) I generally agree with the community predictions here.

SPOpHoE.png

The EG RNG game is pretty much a play for LAN. Whoever wins has the inside track for 4th place. I don't see ALG beating nV (giving Heinz his first Pro League loss) but if they go 3-2 it will help their map %. 

BestMan, Neighbor, Walshy, ElamiteWarrior the list can go on if its about pre hcs territory like he said

I'm not even sure what point you're trying to make right now.

SPOpHoE.png

Why are 2/8 teams not grayscale?

• Downvote (-1) 2

Maybe they should hire more talent.  :thinking:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'd understand if they need two days to run the Pro League/Stream efficiently but there is not reason that Challenger and Pro League can't occur on the same day. Either move Open/Legendary Cups to Thurs/Fri respectively or move Pro League matches to Saturday/Sunday.

Either move Open/Legendary Cups to Thurs/Fri respectively

I just want to emphasize how bad of an idea this would be before anyone gets any ideas.

Edit: If anyone doesn't already know, AM teams aren't getting paid salaries and most have jobs. Putting our tournaments on a(n) weekday(s) would chop our turnouts in half. It's frustrating enough that I don't get to do the Beyond/Go4Halo tourneys because they start while I'm still at work, but at least those "don't matter" in the grand scheme of things.

• Upvote (+1) 3