CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Why is is obvious RNG will split? lol

I would say because they have been underperforming. Also a lot of bickering back and forth between the team. Just doesn't seem like certain people wouldn't be willing to see what other teams might become available. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Spartan Ninja Penguin Huke could be new Renegades?

No, Huke sticks with Bubu Dubu. Also, I doubt Spartan will team with Ninja and Penguin because of his shite attitude. 

Im unsure who will be on RNG, if, in the event they split up. Perhaps Rammy.

No, Huke sticks with Bubu Dubu. Also, I doubt Spartan will team with Ninja and Penguin because of his shite attitude.

Im unsure who will be on RNG, if, in the event they split up. Perhaps Rammy.

Yea Spartan has teamed with Ninja 2 Times now and their ingame personalities clashed every time. It's funny to see people still suggesting Spartyninj even after their history. After the HWC Spartan made it clear he couldn't do it anymore.

• Upvote (+1) 1

For anyone that wants to watch the Pit episode with Heinz and Cratos

https://www.twitch.tv/tiberiusaudley/v/76445560

Posted this earlier but I actually highly suggest this podcast over the HCS Listen In, they actually have differing opinions on subjects and go way more in depth with the players and have way more personality than Tashi and Strongside. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

So what counts as pro historically? Top 16?

i feel better about saying top 8 but top 16 ain't shabby

Yea Spartan has teamed with Ninja 2 Times now and their ingame personalities clashed every time. It's funny to see people still suggesting Spartyninj even after their history. After the HWC Spartan made it clear he couldn't do it anymore.

honestly, there's a lot of people who don't want to team with Ninja and the same for Spartan. I could see them, just based on circumstance, choosing to team again as their best option.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Anyone know the final score from E6 v EG last night? Last I saw it was 4-4.

Edit: Found it EG lost 5-9

Great post, Saucey.

honestly, there's a lot of people who don't want to team with Ninja and the same for Spartan. I could see them, just based on circumstance, choosing to team again as their best option.

One main difference tho is IMO because of the new team composition, Ninja has improved tenfold gameplay-wise. On the last RNG he had Stellur who is a good player but was very new to the upper echelon and was very quiet. Then he had Spartan who also played very aggressively similar to Ninja. Both A-type personalities that caused bickering even mid game a lot of the time. Now Ninja has Commonly and Penguin. Commonly had a certain maturity and leadership focus he wasn't able to showcase on EG but is fitting nicely on RNG. Partnered with Penguins chill mentality, Ninja has been able to make strides in adjusting mid game and taking criticism not as spite but as constructive. Not to mention @@Symbolic has also made great improvements in being a voice of reason as a coach.

The parallels between Ninja and Spartan are neat to see. It'd be cool if Sparty landed on a team where he could have a back seat role and just do what he does best which is slay, and have teammates similar to what currently surrounds Ninja. I'm no expert, just my opinion.

• Upvote (+1) 2

One main difference tho is IMO because of the new team composition, Ninja has improved tenfold gameplay-wise. On the last RNG he had Stellur who is a good player but was very new to the upper echelon and was very quiet. Then he had Spartan who also played very aggressively similar to Ninja. Both A-type personalities that caused bickering even mid game a lot of the time. Now Ninja has Commonly and Penguin. Commonly had a certain maturity and leadership focus he wasn't able to showcase on EG but is fitting nicely on RNG. Partnered with Penguins chill mentality, Ninja has been able to make strides in adjusting mid game and taking criticism not as spite but as constructive. Not to mention @@Symbolic has also made great improvements in being a voice of reason as a coach.

The parallels between Ninja and Spartan are neat to see. It'd be cool if Sparty landed on a team where he could have a back seat role and just do what he does best which is slay, and have teammates similar to what currently surrounds Ninja. I'm no expert, just my opinion.

We watching the same RNG dawg? lol

I think this team makes playoffs but I don't see any chance they stick together following this season. Hamy and Penguin will go elsewhere. Hey, maybe we'll see them duo up with Bubu and Huke :P

• Upvote (+1) 2

We watching the same RNG dawg? lol

I think this team makes playoffs but I don't see any chance they stick together following this season. Hamy and Penguin will go elsewhere. Hey, maybe we'll see them duo up with Bubu and Huke :P

The bit you bolded still his holds true. I don't think this RNG gets reverse swept in the HWC. Last RNGs fate hinged on emotion. Whether or not they stick together, Ninja has improved. Again, IMO!

• Upvote (+1) 1

The bit you bolded still his holds true. I don't think this RNG gets reverse swept in the HWC. Last RNGs fate hinged on emotion. Whether or not they stick together, Ninja has improved. Again, IMO!

He's improved skill wise, still has some mental game issues though. Commonly and him go at it all the time. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Trivia for today....Mikwen's emblem is the number 8 ..... A famous athlete wore that number and is now retired in the Hall of Fame...who?

Cal Ripken Jr.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Preface - Attempting to be as unbiased as I possibly can.

It is very interesting to see a clear clash of ideas going on, between two large, and successful eSports companies, and the Halo community.

snip

What is good for ESL is not necessarily good for the community. What is good for MLG is not necessarily good for the community. Without the community, no tournament operator can successfully operate in a space (obviously). I do not want ANY organizer to have a stranglehold on any aspect of the HCS, especially if meaning utilizing (2) organizers means the scene would grow substantially. It just does not make any sense, we are being handicapped for the reason of...one organizer having complete and utter control? What? Stop.

The Solution

343 is the solution to this problem - and can prevent anything even remotely close to this from happening ever again. The community should not be held back because of a tournament operator (I dont care who it is ESL,MLG, IDC) wants an iron grip on the entire Professional scene. In my humble (unsolicited as always) opinion, the goal to grow the Halo eSports community has been lost in a board room, frittered away to the side in a squabble for exclusivity, restrictions, and a "monopoly" brought to the table by tournament organizers. I think it would be fairly simple for 343 to tie MLG into HCS events - especially some type of OPEN event, which ESL is not currently doing, and there is a need for this in general. Maybe it would cost too much money, maybe 343 does not have enough budget, maybe 343 just does not like MLG.

I dont know. Frankly, I dont really care. All I do know is that whatever is going on right now clearly is not moving the bar forward for Halo eSports.

It is a good start, considering where Halo was a few years ago. Build on that start, facilitate and nurture this start, dont restrict it before we even get off the ground.

Great post

The wierd thing is, the current format isn't even "good for ESL". That's why I have a hard time looking at is a matter of holding their competition (MLG) at bay.

Yes, ESL has control over the prized commodity (The Pros) but they aren't doing anything to leverage this strength. Having MLG run HCS opens, would only bring additional viewers and $ into the HCS scene, which would help ESL in the long run.

But if they REALLY wanted to leverage their control over Pros, they'd run HCS opens on their own... What's the point in having an exclusive if your arent maximizing its potential? The fact that they aren't doing HCS opens with pros, and don't even SEE THE VALUE in doing this, tells me that this is less a matter of corporate greed, and more an issue of having a flawed philosophy to begin with.

• Upvote (+1) 3

He's improved skill wise, still has some mental game issues though. Commonly and him go at it all the time.

Because commonly bitches all the time.
  • Upvote (+1) 1