CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Shout out to @@Shady Crady 

On Independence Day he went and upvoted my post that had 9 upvotes on it. It was a post over 130+ pages ago. Respect.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Good lord, Huke.

Sniper FFA: 

Huke, Royal 2, Snipedrone, Snip3down

First to 25. 

Now that'd be fun. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Who else wanted to run Halo aside from WSVG that went bankrupt and didn't pay prize money? You can't really be a monopoly if you're owning a commodity no one else wants

We built halo with the community and were ridiculed by other operators for running console games.

Revisionist historians are welcome to comment but this is a fact: Halo lived at MLG and a once a year WCG event. Before then it was MLG and AGP. How do you think MLG started, all of the best COMMUNITY operators went to work there

You guys were certainly the most fit/capable organization to run Halo events.  There no doubt about that. 

I'd love to see you run more in the future.  That was my primary point.

Regarding the monopolization though, are you saying that you didn't try to monopolize the scene? 

Or, are you saying it was justified because everyone else was bad at it?

Or, do you really just dislike the fact that I used the word 'monopoly'?  (if so, that's understandable, and I would agree to a certain extent. It was just the most obvious word I could use to describe an attempt to gain control of the competitive Halo scene)

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

You guys were certainly the most fit/capable organization to run Halo events.  There no doubt about that. 

I'd love to see you run more in the future.  That was my primary point.

Regarding the monopolization though, are you saying that you didn't try to monopolize the scene? 

Or, are you saying it was easy to do because everyone else was bad at it, and therefore it was justified?

He's saying they were the only competition because no one wanted to try. Not a monopoly in the sense that they were the only ones willing to put in the work, time, and effort to Make Halo Great. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Can we just get atleast one person to make inaccurate and/or disparaging comments about MLG daily. The truth bombs @ drop in response are giving me life

• Upvote (+1) 7

If MLG can put out a fucking rule book then I will happily stand behind them.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Man.... Now that I have the money and time to do it, I would attend A LOT of these Halo 5 MLG events, if they ever happen.

• Upvote (+1) 7

He's saying they were the only competition because no one wanted to try. Not a monopoly in the sense that they were the only ones willing to put in the work, time, and effort to Make Halo Great. 

There were definitely other groups trying to run events, and MLG attempted to prevent some players from competing in them, and succeeded in those efforts (at least that was the general perspective of the competitive Halo community at the time.  If that isn't actually what happened, then I'll gladly eat my words).  Thus, the irony I mentioned.

Regardless, I think my use of the word 'irony' regarding the situation is being misconstrued as me being happy that MLG is finally getting what they had coming to them, or something of that nature.  That's certainly not the case.  I simply meant that it's literally an ironic situation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

There were definitely other groups trying to run events, and MLG attempted to prevent some players from competing in them, and succeeded in those efforts (at least that was the general perspective of the competitive Halo community at the time. If that isn't actually what happened, then I'll gladly eat my words). Thus, the irony I mentioned.

Regardless, I think my use of the word 'irony' regarding the situation is being misconstrued as me being happy that MLG is finally getting what they had coming to them, or something of that nature. That's certainly not the case. I simply meant that it's literally an ironic situation.

We did admittedly have an iron grip on the team management so if monopoly would be applied it would be more of a MLG vs endemic teams, i.e. an EG etc.

The industry was different then and as is the case today, it's still evolving a million miles a second.

• Upvote (+1) 3

OT but shoutout to you for being so active on the forums lately. It's nice when someone who works for a major company can come on a forum and share their actual thoughts rather than just giving public statements that mean nothing.

• Upvote (+1) 8

Why do some of the pros press pause randomly when they are playing?  I still havent figured this out..

Why do some of the pros press pause randomly when they are playing?  I still havent figured this out..

magic things happen.. just ask lethul

• Upvote (+1) 1

Playing halo 5 the game just feels sluggish and the input seems delayed and pressing start supposedly makes it feel better, it feels like it works or maybe I'm nuts

That. Contra started it and he has the best Accuracy in the HCS so who knows.

Placebo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know its placebo, and if I just wait 2 seconds my reticule will stop being slow, but it feels good to at least try to fix it. I feel less helpless/frustrated when it starts happening. But I only get it once every few games for a few seconds. Maybe I'm too much of a hobbyist to notice every game  :intensifies: