CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Well if that's the case it seems like MLG should have had the rights to begin with... 

Anyone that follows Competitive Halo would buy an MLG pack, the two brands are synonymous. Theyre also much more well known in Console Gaming generally.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

To be fair, we learned that it IS possible for MLG to host Halo Opens w/ Pro play, but the way we got to this point has been very shady on ESL's behalf. Theres NO clarity what so ever from Timo. But a thank you to him for posting tonight.

Huge shout to @ also, great to see you here.

How can you say there has been no clarity?

MLG CAN hold open circuit LANs, so long as a Pros don't participate. MLG respectfully declined.

MLG CAN hold open LANs WITH pro participants so long as they don't conflict with pro league. These evens CANT have HCS implications.

The reasoning provided suggests that MLG feels that Pro involvement in Open Circuit events can impede AMs path to relegation.

We can all disagree (I do) but let's not pretend that he hasn't been pretty explicit here. Can't we just call this a bad idea without trying to assign additional narratives? We know that it would actually be on ESLs (and 343s and everyone else's) best interest to let MLG run Open HCS LANs with pros, but they see it differently, for whatever reason.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

idk if the HCS finals tickets are gonna sell out

IDK man, you'd be surprised about the demand for spectating Halo LANs. The Halo 4 global champs had at least a 4,000 capacity, and Halo 4 was a fairly dead game.

I think most the tickets, if not all, will be sold :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

How can you say there has been no clarity?

MLG CAN hold open circuit LANs, so long as a Pros don't participate. MLG respectfully declined.

MLG CAN hold open LANs WITH pro participants so long as they don't conflict with pro league. These evens CANT have HCS implications.

The reasoning provided suggests that MLG feels that Pro involvement in Open Circuit events can impede AMs path to relegation.

We can all disagree (I do) but let's not pretend that he hasn't been pretty explicit here. Can't we just call this a bad idea without trying to assign additional narratives? We know that it would actually be on ESLs best interest to let MLG run Open LANs with pros, but they see it differently, for whatever reason.

There's been absolutely NO clarity. 

Please quote to me where the above was clearly stated.

ESL have NOT told us the exact conditions and consequences of MLG hosting an Open LAN, instead they have dragged it out all night. Next time, I hope they skip straight to the point.

Do you not think that releasing the rulebook for the HCS is a good idea?

• Upvote (+1) 2

There's been absolutely NO clarity.

Please quote to me where the above was clearly stated.

ESL have NOT told us the exact conditions and consequences of MLG hosting an Open LAN, instead they have dragged it out all night. Next time, I hope they skip straight to the point.

Do you not think that releasing the rulebook for the HCS is a good idea?

No, we did not approve of Pro League players participating in LAN/online tournaments that were part of the HCS Open Circuit.

Yes, tournaments open to ANYONE outside of the context of HCS were on the table.

It's right there... What don't you understand?

Congrats @@Bravo! You deserve it!

Crazy to think he hasn't stopped by since September :whoa:

• Upvote (+1) 8

It's right there... What don't you understand?

By clarity I meant leading up to tonight.

What I dont understand is why it wasnt posted to begin with, and/or why these rules werent made clear to us to begin with at the start of the Pro League.

We are in the dark here.

Crazy to think he hasn't stopped by since September :whoa:

Probably accidentally ventured into the H5 thread and

fDO2Nk0ImzvvW.gif

• Upvote (+1) 3

Some things I'm sure Adam doesn't like:

1. No real weight on HCS. They have a storied history and success, may feel like a slap in the face.

2. From 1., the LAN wouldn't be backed by the Publisher of the game. = Lame.

3. No LAN support. While gone are the days of host xboxs, now you need a dedicated server at the LAN site.

This year is more than likely a no go for MLG LANs due to Adam JUST finding out they could have ran a LAN the whole time but due to a lie or miscommunication, was unaware. Lets hope by next year all the kinks have been worked out and they learn from all of this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

By clarity I meant leading up to tonight.

What I dont understand is why it wasnt posted to begin with, and/or why these rules werent made clear to us to begin with at the start of the Pro League.

We are in the dark here.

Is it common for league organizers to post all of these behind the scene specifics in public releases?

Sounds like there were conversations between the two involved parties. Since the only way MLG could take part in HCS was AM only tourneys, they (understandably) declined.

People here started vocally wondering why, so they both gave their side of the story. We asked and we recieved.

Anyway, I think the real story here is the lack of LAN support at the system level. MLG could hold Halo Opens w/o HCS implications, and still have events that left an impact on the scene... But not if they were forced to rely on 343i unreliable customs servers.

if LAN support is an impossibility, 343i needs to release an update + app that allows us to use an additional network machine as a local server

Wish I had more time to devote to the forums these days. As someone trying to get his foot in the door in the world of esports, reading these conversations about the inner workings of tournaments and such is very interesting. 

But I must be off. I wish all my fellow Muslim and non-Muslim forum members a love-filled Eid Mubarak. Take care of yourselves on this day. 

P.S. @@GoldenboyFTW I miss you and your beautiful voice. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

After the years of MLG doing all they could to monopolize Halo events, I can't help but find it a little bit ironic that they're on the opposite end of a similar situation now.

I understood why they did it at the time, and I understand why ESL would try to do the same now.  It's good for their brand.  I don't think it's good for competitive Halo though, and I really wish we had more organizers that were able to host LAN events that are open to anyone who wishes to attend.  As many have said already, those types of events are really a necessity to grow competitive Halo.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 4

Good luck to those who apply. Hopefully it is someone who gives just as much shit about Halo and its community as bs angel and Bravo did. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Good luck to those who apply. Hopefully it is someone who gives just as much shit about Halo and its community as bs angel and Bravo did. 

The return of Jay Fresh. 

A brief clarification.

No, we did not approve of Pro League players participating in LAN/online tournaments that were part of the HCS Open Circuit.

Yes, tournaments open to ANYONE outside of the context of HCS were on the table.

I understand that you may disagree with this approach, but just to get the facts straight. 

Yo but get this- if you let MLG run an HCS event you could say an HCS event went smoothly for once!

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Yo but get this- if you let MLG run an HCS event you could say an HCS event went smoothly for once!

Remember when NA Regionals had issues with Turtle Beach headsets? No one is perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 3