CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

The logo is starting to grow on me. Sure it's bad, but it has a dare I say charm to it. 

The logo really isn't bad at all, I think it was more the website/Twitter that had spelling errors and terrible Photoshop ... the logo isn't "professional-looking" with clean lines and negative space and blah blah, but is actually pretty good 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Guys, I just saw that the NA finals of Pro League is in the Novo. That has a capacity of over 2,000. Thats amazing... BUT...

WHY, would you have a 2,500 capacity venue for the Pro League, but only like a capacity of 100 for the World Championship. That literally makes no sense.

I hope to see a 3,000 (at least) capacity for 2017 worlds.

The same reason you'd have a single elimination bracket in the world championship....

A complete lack of solid reasoning

• Upvote (+1) 4

Guys, I just saw that the NA finals of Pro League is in the Novo. That has a capacity of over 2,000. Thats amazing... BUT...

WHY, would you have a 2,500 capacity venue for the Pro League, but only like a capacity of 100 for the World Championship. That literally makes no sense.

I would guess that they took a look at the viewer numbers for each week of the pro league when deciding on the venue capacity for the Pro League Finals. With the limited number of viewers that Halo has on Twitch, it's unrealistic to assume that more than 2,000 spectators would be willing to plan a trip, book flights, book hotels, and just watch Halo.

343 struggles to pull a good audience each week for pro league, and that requires going to a URL from your couch. No way people are traveling to watch Halo when they won't even do it from the comfort of their own home.

The same reason you'd have a single elimination bracket in the world championship....

A complete lack of solid reasoning

I'm watching a CS major now with the exact same format. Both work, just for different reasons.

Also just throwing it out there that maybe they heard many people wanted to attend the event and couldn't so they've rectified that. Just an idea.

I mean the world champs venue was a mistake and this would indicate they are trying to rectify that. An earlier announcement would have been ideal, still.

For reference, Riot announced on June 6th that the NALCS summer finals would be on August 27-28 in Toronto.

Community power rankings for week 5 are gonna go live soon on fantasyhcs

also, some serious Stockholm syndrome going on here guys. It's a fucking pyramid that's mutated into a musical note with an eyeball and the word "six" in it lol  :lxthul:

FYI most quality orgs don't touch players prize money

Source for that?

It seems to me that taking a small cut (i'm talking like 5% here, not 30% like Apple/google or 50% like twitch subs) of prize money is fair. "We will pay you a salary, travel accommodations, gaming peripherals and enough monster to kill a large horse/baby elephant but if you win some prize money we want 5% of that".  I dont see that as shady.

What is shady is orgs that negotiate terms with players, regardless of what those terms are, and dont follow-through.

• Upvote (+1) 1

anybody know Ninja's re-sub song? I remembered hearing it a while back on his stream, and the alert just made me want to find it

To you by Jack U

• Upvote (+1) 1

Community power rankings for week 5 are gonna go live soon on fantasyhcs

also, some serious Stockholm syndrome going on here guys. It's a fucking pyramid that's mutated into a musical note with an eyeball and the word "six" in it lol  :lxthul:

It's the illuminati triangle thou

It hurts my mind when people criticize the MP part of this game on this thread. Maybe I'm just a huge fanboy of this game and can't see the flaws on it. Also very OT but one of my goals is to make it to the Pro League someday (if they ever do one here in Latin America). Meanwhile, I'm going to keep watching all the tournaments (well, tbh it's not hard to watch them all, not like there are a lot lol), rooting for E6 and criticizing my former favorite player Ninja :simms:

Jk Ninja, I still watch your stream. You're a good player and person.

People didn't like Breakout, right? It is a flawed gametype, it has problems.

Well, a lot of people have problems with Halo 5 multiplayer. From a game design and gameplay perspective, there are a lot of questionable elements that destract from what made Halo a great game in the first place. I hate it when this thread gets caught up in OT halo discussion so I won't go further, but there's reasons the population is struggling hard.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

They probably didn't know how many tickets they could sell and went for a smaller venue at first.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So Naded isn't retired so who do you think we will see him running games with..

Sabinator :intel:

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

Yeah, worlds should have been a bigger venue. The actual setup and presentation was fantastic, but def lacked spectators. I see no reason to be upset though, the Novo is a marked improvement seating wise. We could harp on the past or recognize that its positive progress.

• Upvote (+1) 3

The logo really isn't bad at all, I think it was more the website/Twitter that had spelling errors and terrible Photoshop ... the logo isn't "professional-looking" with clean lines and negative space and blah blah, but is actually pretty good 

3cd8a33a.png

• Upvote (+1) 9

I'm watching a CS major now with the exact same format. Both work, just for different reasons.

Also just throwing it out there that maybe they heard many people wanted to attend the event and couldn't so they've rectified that. Just an idea.

No. Single elimination only works if you had previous competition to establish fair seeding- like a regular season for example. There's no solid reasoning for why worlds was single elim.

It's clear they went for a larger venue after realizing more people would have liked to attend. But prior to the event, it would take a lack of reasoning or a total lack of confidence to think that 200 seats would be even close to enough. How backwards is is to book a tiny venue when halo competitions are pulling 30-100k viewers, then book one 10 times larger when the league is pulling 6k a week? I'm sure 2000 will show up, but you gotta question how they come to these conclusions.

And just throwing it out there, they could probably guage things a bit better if they put out feelers a bit earlier.

Glad to see they are making improvements in some areas though.

People didn't like Breakout, right? It is a flawed gametype, it has problems.

Well, a lot of people have problems with Halo 5 multiplayer. From a game design and gameplay perspective, there are a lot of questionable elements that destract from what made Halo a great game in the first place. I hate it when this thread gets caught up in OT halo discussion so I won't go further, but there's reasons the population is struggling hard.

There arent a lot of questionable elements. Sure there are things that are different that people dislike, but to say there are a lot is an exaggeration.

This games population struggles hard because most console gamers are casuals, and halo is actually more difficult to feel successful in, unlike games like cod that cater to casuals.

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

So Naded isn't retired so who do you think we will see him running games with. It feels like Ogre would play again if it was the right team. Roy, Snipedown, Ogre 2, Naded with Lunchbox as coach. If anyone remembers when the old 5K used to be called Mini-Boss, just sounds like a good fit. (To me) would be the only team that would be Perdicted to beat CLG. Now them actually winning is completely different. Tell me that wouldn't be the best OG squad available.

Logged in just to express my shock at how bad this is

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Because they listened to our feedback and made a positive change? Seems like a pretty obvious answer to me...

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1