CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Overwatch splits between 6 and is coming towards their first large tournament for a total prize pool of $100k. Which scene is healthier? Which scene has more aspiration?

I don't see why people should cut them slack, they're ringed in with pro league essentially cycling money to the same top8-10 teams. Halo5 will be in the top10 in total prize pool by next year. There are a lot of scenes that do a lot more for a lot less.

Well its up to AM kids that are grinding to push these vets out who don't care as much.

• Upvote (+1) 2

What was the final of the RNG/E6 scrim? I think I fell asleep at 4-0 RNG.

9-5 to renegades

• Upvote (+1) 1

Brake wasn't insulting anyone. I don't understand how you guys misconstrued his statements as an attack on the pros. If anything he was saying it's an impressive feat that they can do what they do without being able to fully support themselves off the game.

He wasn't calling for a "remove everyone's pro status" or suggesting we stop regarding them as pros in general. He was saying, if people need another job to pay the bills, halo is always going to take a back seat. Implying that he's impressed with the pros who do have to do both and make it work currently.

Yeesh.

Remember most pros have the emotional intelligence of a 10 year old.
  • Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

anybody know Ninja's re-sub song? I remembered hearing it a while back on his stream, and the alert just made me want to find it

anybody know Ninja's re-sub song? I remembered hearing it a while back on his stream, and the alert just made me want to find it

Darude: Sandstorm
  • Upvote (+1) 7

So Naded isn't retired so who do you think we will see him running games with. It feels like Ogre would play again if it was the right team. Roy, Snipedown, Ogre 2, Naded with Lunchbox as coach. If anyone remembers when the old 5K used to be called Mini-Boss, just sounds like a good fit. (To me) would be the only team that would be Perdicted to beat CLG. Now them actually winning is completely different. Tell me that wouldn't be the best OG squad available.

• Downvote (-1) 3

So Naded isn't retired so who do you think we will see him running games with. It feels like Ogre would play again if it was the right team. Roy, Snipedown, Ogre 2, Naded with Lunchbox as coach. If anyone remembers when the old 5K used to be called Mini-Boss, just sounds like a good fit. (To me) would be the only team that would be Perdicted to beat CLG. Now them actually winning is completely different. Tell me that wouldn't be the best OG squad available.

An OG squad would not be the best option to take down CLG

• Upvote (+1) 5

One thing i can suggest is that you get a graphic designer to redesign your overlay.

Maybe one that generally likes to help the Halo community for things like this.

Fairly sure the guy who did the overlay for Dave runs Akquire Clothing. They've sponsored an online tourney and a Canadian Am team.

But if you want to send Dave one you think looks better you can.

Roy has said he won't play without lunch.  Towey isn't going anywhere.  Realistically that team doesn't have the slaying power to hang with CLG. IMO team would need to look more like snipedown, stellur, svspector, naded.  Still I don't think that team would be "predicted" to be CLG, but they potentially could.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Roy has said he won't play without lunch.  Towey isn't going anywhere.  Realistically that team doesn't have the slaying power to hang with CLG. IMO team would need to look more like snipedown, stellur, svspector, naded.  Still I don't think that team would be "predicted" to be CLG, but they potentially could.

I am thinking Snipedown, Huke, Bubu, Suspector would be an amazing team

• Upvote (+1) 2

I understand that but there will come a time where Lunchbox could retire or they both will. Roy Snipedown Naded and Ogre 2 have all respectfully been the "slayer" at some point in their career. I promise they still have the ability, just maybe not the consistency to maintain from tourney to tourney. So win one, lose one.

Me too.

An OG squad would not be the best option to take down CLG

The Finals are a live event yes? Sometimes an OG squad is always the best option.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Finally got around to listening to the Pit. Nice to see some perspective from Pro's regarding the practice situation. Cratos and Heinz were dropping truth bombs. As pros there's no reason a team shouldnt be able to agree upon a set time to make themselves available for practice....

And Tiberius is right as well, in the absence of a pro team to scrim, why wouldn't you try to scrim a top AM? Hopefully folks don't truly have the attitude that it's not good practice- there have already be pro's replaced by AM players, and there's certainly more to come be it through cuts or relegation.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Where is the pros not getting world's money coming from? The Jimbo tweet? Or is there more than just a UK guy not getting his money (UK could be part of the reason)?

I know for a fact Calm from Elevate got his world's money. Also pretty sure I remember Royal 2 and/or Lethul tweeted about receiving theirs.

I'm not even sure they've received their money from xgames.

Just asked snakebite on stream. They have received money from xgames and regionals, but not worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The Finals are a live event yes? Sometimes an OG squad is always the best option.

60% of the time it works every time  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

Snipedown and Suspector should stay together imo, whatever happens.

I still think its a little premature to say that RoyBox is "done".  they have had better practices this week thus far.  It looks to us like they are not playing enough outside of scrims, but most people have multiple alts and wouldn't necessarily advertise if they are playing as such.

The problem i have is that 1) i want CLG to get taken down 2) I ideally want EG to do it.  Though i would be happy if it were any team other than E6 cuz Cratos.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I don't see Huke and Bubu leaving E6 if they continue their upward swing though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't Bubu live with Cratos?  I like this team as well, but I don't see E6 splitting, especially after giving CLG their first L.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Doesn't Bubu live with Cratos?  I like this team as well, but I don't see E6 splitting, especially after giving CLG their first L.

Yeah Bubu lives with ol Cratos. I know they've all played at his house before with Showtime there. 

Guys, I just saw that the NA finals of Pro League is in the Novo. That has a capacity of over 2,000. Thats amazing... BUT...

WHY, would you have a 2,500 capacity venue for the Pro League, but only like a capacity of 100 for the World Championship. That literally makes no sense.

I hope to see a 3,000 (at least) capacity for 2017 worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 6