CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Also, can some admin, please restore my full red bar back to its former glory I was upvoted too many times  :mj:  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 96

Something has really been bugging me about Halo as an eSport... we just do not evolve. 

I just heard a pro, won't name who, respond to a question about whether his team was going to scrim soon or not.

The response: "We'll scrim when we are all on at the same time, I guess."

Cool, so you've made it to top 8? Where is the drive? Where is the will to be the best?

Why do Halo pros simply not take their ability to earn hundreds of thousands of dollars playing Halo seriously?

It's a business and ya'll still act like little kids about it. Not having scrims planned, not having set practice times, not seriously going over strats and maps... If I hear one more pro team talk about where they are going before a map starts like they haven't gone over it I'm gonna rip my hair out. Imagine how good a 5-8 pro team could be if they actually put the real hours in to improve rather than just getting on "when we can"...

This is the same shit that has been going on since the H3 days. You guys are lucky 343 had a creative idea to support tournament purses or ya'll would be playing AGL's again. 

Sickening... this game isn't going anywhere as an eSport unless you guys change. I'm tired of supporting a bunch of entitled young adults who think they deserve the world but haven't done a damn thing to earn it. 

seems alot of the players take what they have for granted something i didn't expect after where the game was the past few titles

• Upvote (+1) 3

Something has really been bugging me about Halo as an eSport... we just do not evolve. 

I just heard a pro, won't name who, respond to a question about whether his team was going to scrim soon or not.

The response: "We'll scrim when we are all on at the same time, I guess."

Cool, so you've made it to top 8? Where is the drive? Where is the will to be the best?

Why do Halo pros simply not take their ability to earn hundreds of thousands of dollars playing Halo seriously?

It's a business and ya'll still act like little kids about it. Not having scrims planned, not having set practice times, not seriously going over strats and maps... If I hear one more pro team talk about where they are going before a map starts like they haven't gone over it I'm gonna rip my hair out. Imagine how good a 5-8 pro team could be if they actually put the real hours in to improve rather than just getting on "when we can"...

This is the same shit that has been going on since the H3 days. You guys are lucky 343 had a creative idea to support tournament purses or ya'll would be playing AGL's again. 

Sickening... this game isn't going anywhere as an eSport unless you guys change. I'm tired of supporting a bunch of entitled young adults who think they deserve the world but haven't done a damn thing to earn it. 

This is exactly what I think. At this point I think only 3 or maybe 4 of the 8 teams take this Pro League seriously. Halo isn't going anywhere if the pros keep behaving like they 'kind of' care. You are never going to have the chance of playing Halo as your full time job if you don't take this shit seriously.

This is exactly what I think. At this point I think only 3 or maybe 4 of the 8 teams take this Pro League seriously. Halo isn't going anywhere if the pros keep behaving like they 'kind of' care. You are never going to have the chance of playing Halo as your full time job if you don't take this shit seriously.

and those teams happen to be at the top of the standings.  Coincidence? Obviously not, but some of the other teams seem to think so.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yeah it's really weird that teams don't at least have schedules days and times. It really doesn't make sense that so much is up in the air when it comes to practicing.

I've also noticed that many player rush to blurt out where they are going first while the map is loading. Don't they have established breakout strats?

I would be great if more pros recorded their game play and comms during league matches. Love watching @@RyaNoob and ALGs gameplay, just wish there was more.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I don't have stats but I would usually catch up on 11-12 pages on this thread when I wake up. Now it's only around 3-4.

Where is everyone?

I think it's because while Pro League is cool and all, what people want to see are LAN events. Maybe 343 will realize this and get in business with MLG instead of being idiots.

Shortened rant about players barely playing 

I don't get angry about it but It is pretty baffling. If you are in school or working a real job it's understandable. But the people that play the least seem to be the ones that have Halo as their only job. Then miraculously they somehow go days or even a week without playing. On top of that, some of them can't manage to roll out of bed until 5 P.M knowing that tournaments for huge amounts of money will start many hours earlier than that. 

It's not even "not taking advantage of the situation," it's flat out being so incredibly lazy that playing a video game is too much work for you. I see a lot of promise from the AM league though. I truthfully wish more teams were at risk of losing their pro status if they didn't play well enough. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Aren't the majority of players STILL waiting for their worlds money? Just sayin.

And burnout is a real thing. 

Also while scrimming has a lot of benefits; there are also negative effects to it. Teams learning your strats, setups, and any tricks you decide to do.

Also teams with shaky team chemistry; if they go into a scrim and get smacked it could just cause arguments and fights.

So avoiding your teammates except for when you have to could help your team not implode on game day?

And lastly, players have lives. Real life happens. You can't always avoid it and drop everything to "grind for 8 hours" everyday.

Not saying I agree or disagree with the lack of teams practicing; just saying there are legitimate reasons why teams might feel they dont want to as much.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 1

And lastly, players have lives. Real life happens. You can't always avoid it and drop everything to "grind for 8 hours" everyday.

If this is the case they aren't really "Pros". Halo doesn't allow enough players to live solely off of Halo income, therefore its really difficult for us to have a rich talent pool who are truly "Pros". We have a few Pros but mostly we have a lot of really really good hobbyists.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 4

this is a symptom of two things:

1. no open bracket type events (been beaten to death)

2. lack of talent depth

Back in H3, the last time Halo was truly healthy, teams scrimmed and played all the time. If a team got complacent and didn't scrim/play quite a bit, they'd get a top 16 or top 24 wake-up call at the next tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Also while scrimming has a lot of benefits; there are also negative effects to it. Teams learning your strats, setups, and any tricks you decide to do.

This is a big deal in H5. Starting strats are super important to get initial power weapons. Without them it can easily snowball in favor of the other team. Many people have said Snakebite seems to know everyone's tendencies which usually ends up in getting his teammate Royal 2 a sniper for example. Now R2 with a sniper as you guys know is dangerous because not only does he dominate with it, he stays alive with it which will lead to his team getting more power ups usually. CLG is excellent at taking advantage of opportunity.

Been caught up with some personal stuff.

Sorry, according to the forums you're not a real fan. Personal stuff should never get in the way of Halo time, whether or not you have control over it.  :lxthul:

If this is the case they aren't really "Pros". Halo doesn't allow enough players to live solely off of Halo income, therefore its really difficult for us to have a rich talent pool who are truly "Pros". We have a few Pros but mostly we have a lot of really really good hobbyists.

I guess Royal 2 isn't a pro anymore because he got sick and couldnt practice. Sorry Matt. Maybe next season you'll take the game more seriously.  :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 8

Aren't the majority of players STILL waiting for their worlds money? Just sayin.

i know and it's shitty

it's been over 100 days, everyone should have been paid already

really M$?

• Upvote (+1) 1

And burnout is a real thing.

Also teams with shaky team chemistry; if they go into a scrim and get smacked it could just cause arguments and fights.

So avoiding your teammates except for when you have to could help your team not implode on game day?

Not saying I agree or disagree with the lack of teams practicing; just saying there are legitimate reasons why teams might feel they dont want to as much.

Perfectly understandable that they have lives... But that's why you schedule practice. It shouldn't be " I'm down to practice IF the rest of my team just so happens to log on"

I know a guy at my job who plays AM basketball, and works at least 60hrs a week. He's in a 64 team tourney that pays the winning team 1mil. He and his team schedule practice weekly, and he shows up because it's important to him.

Then there's the general feeling that teams are just totally unprepared. I don't see why they should ever have to haphazardly discuss breakout strats during the loading screen. Everyone should already know what to do.

Then I have wonder how much time teams spend watching theater clips of their opponents. They shouldn't just be looking at their own matches.

Police officers are considered professionals yet you will see a lot of them also pick up security jobs because the pay isn't the best. Does that now make them not professionals? If you are good enough to make any money from it and are qualified in the highest sanctioned league, most people consider that as being a professional.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

How is competitive halo still alive?

It looks the same as halo 4 in terms of viewership(if not worse)

The only difference is 343i has all those money randomly for the competitive scene

How are they making money off this?

• Downvote (-1) 10

The only difference is 343i has all those money randomly for the competitive scene

How are they making money off this?

The biggest halo 4 event besides global champs pulled 8k viewers. Every halo 5 Lan with the exception of some EU events has pulled more viewers than that.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm still waiting for my money from taking 3rd 4v4 and 1st 2v2 at EGL NJ back in 2008. Should be here any second now.

• Upvote (+1) 8

halo 5 does good on twitch when pros stream

despite the narrative otherwise

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1