CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Eh, Halo 5 has some really good custom gametypes. Tankworld, No Man's Moon, Hungry hippos, and a bunch of others. Check out ForgeHub to see where to get them. The big issue obviously is finding the games, but 343 is fixing that with the file browser which should grow the custom game scene. The new Forge is allowing for the best customs IMO ever (won't be until we have Race thou). 

I do agree that custom games are very important to Halo's longevity but I disagree with you because I see the different custom games Halo has on r/all. There are some awesome stuff up there. 

Rocket League for example doesn't have any interesting custom games, but people still grind grind grind (200hours and counting). 

The unique issue with Halo is our casuals. I used to spend the most of my forum time over at The Halo thread on Spacebattles and besides one person no one was interested in HCS. Many chalked it up to them being able to play and not wanting to watch. I feel there isn't enough to bring them to the pro scene like others have suggested. If there were unique storylines or more interesting content I could see them watching, but a lot are simply not interested. 

I feel as Moses that our prime fishing grounds are in the PC community. 

Forge was months late, and we still don't have a file share. Any exposure H5 gets on other websites and for its own custom games to its own players is done in spite of this. Without a doubt, customs in H5 are much, much less popular than they were in H3 or Reach.

Increasing pro league viewership starts with the popularity of the game itself. A majority of the population will never be interested in eSports. Trying to chase these casual players in a small total population won't do anyone any favors. They should try to release a full game next time and maybe see where that goes, is what I think.

I barely even care anymore. And no matter who streams, how many improvements they make to spectator mode, no matter how much they advertise the pro league in game, I won't care enough to follow it beyond checking these forums. The game comes first, the eSports viewership is second.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

That underrated as hell noble squad wont get back together for the same reasons they split up in the first place.

People can change #Kappap

One of the main things that is holding Pro League back from building viewership and viewer investment is the lack of building personalities for the players 

This is pretty much it. It's hard to watch a sport when you don't care about any of the players, their history or their rivalries. EG vs CLG is dead because EG doesn't seem to care (not saying they don't, it just doesn't seem that they do).

OpTic are not playing well at all, the only two games I actually wanted to watch was the second nV vs CLG game and the ALG vs E6 game because they all teabag Cratos and it's hilarious and causes drama.

Give me something to root for or care about and I'll be a happy radar camper.

• Upvote (+1) 2

ALG vs E6 game because they all teabag Cratos and it's hilarious and causes drama.

Make sure to tune in Friday then  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 1

he wasnt too bad, it was just his attitude and mentality that was the biggest problem imo.

So 90% of being a good player/teammate?

• Upvote (+1) 1

The 16 teams that qualified from the open circuit

(removed). Mobstazz just tweeted that these werent the final teams)

• Upvote (+1) 3

Was really fun watching Tom play last night. Wish I could have stuck it out and saw to finals. Its a shame they didnt win it.

So 90% of being a good player/teammate?

I think at least 11% of it has to do with being actually good at the game.

Wow i like how some people in the community would just assume that this is an alternate account for Cratos without any proof. Cratos has no filter and doesn't shy away from being himself despite what others say, so why would he even need to make a 2nd account if he wanted to post this? Plus even if he wanted to post this, wouldn't you think he would've posted this soon after Friday's pro league match and NOT after 2 days. Excellent logic folks!

Defensive post makes it even more obvious lol. I think it bothers Cratos that people think he's a loser more than he admits, so the whole 2nd account thing is completely believable IMO.

I dunno, I am kind of coming around to Cratos. Competitive communities usually benefit from that type of personality. 

What I'm trying to say is, I really miss Zyos. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm seeing people say that this pressing start mid-game actually does something.

Does anyone have proof? I feel like this is just a giant placebo.

I'm seeing people say that this pressing start mid-game actually does something.

You're a few days late.

No one knows for sure, its probably placebo.

Mid game I thought my aim was heavy. I died and pressed start and I swear after it felt "light" again. Then again I never noticed a heavy feeling until I read about it here. So with that in mind its probably all in my head.

He is specifically going up 1 csr every win while Frosty and @@LethuL go up 10.  Can someone explain this?

I think it might be because their hidden MMR is way higher. (They played more in past seasons.)

• Upvote (+1) 1

Wow i like how some people in the community would just assume that this is an alternate account for Cratos without any proof. Cratos has no filter and doesn't shy away from being himself despite what others say, so why would he even need to make a 2nd account if he wanted to post this? Plus even if he wanted to post this, wouldn't you think he would've posted this soon after Friday's pro league match and NOT after 2 days. Excellent logic folks!

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hola guys! Just got back from Holiday!

Soooo, and news? Open LANS? Has anything competitive been announced or anything? I've been out of the circle for a while.

Oh, and If you're not cheering on Wales in the Euro Semi Finals, I will be disappointed ;) perhaps it's the greatest sporting achievement in Welsh history,so proud!

Soooo, and news? Open LANS? Has anything competitive been announced or anything? I've been out of the circle for a while.

Oh, and If you're not cheering on Wales in the Euro Semi Finals, I will be disappointed ;) perhaps it's the greatest sporting achievement in Welsh history,so proud!

I would, but Ramsey isn't playing. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Perhaps ............

More like definitely, and with a great chance to reach a final.

You are not a footballing nation, your countries primary sport is Rugby Union.

You have a population of approximately 3.15 million

Your national team is not filled with global superstars (more like two Bale and Ramsey)

You topped your group in qualifying ahead of the number 2 ranked side in the world, (you also knocked them out of the euro's) 

You were ranked 112th in the world in the world in 2010, you are now 8th

You have now reached your first tournament since 1958 and are in the semi's.

The only team to leave a bigger mark in this tournament is Iceland.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Perhaps ............

More like definitely, and with a great chance to reach a final.

You are not a footballing nation, your countries primary sport is Rugby Union.

You have a population of approximately 3.15 million

Your national team is not filled with global superstars (more like two Bale and Ramsey)

You topped your group in qualifying ahead of the number 2 ranked side in the world, (you also knocked them out of the euro's) 

You were ranked 112th in the world in the world in 2010, you are now 8th

You have now reached your first tournament since 1958 and are in the semi's.

The only team to leave a bigger mark in this tournament is Iceland.

<3 great stuff man

Building viewership: Heres my 2 cents

Audley has it imo.

We need players to become personalities. We, as fans need to establish an emotional connection with them, be happy for their successes, and sad when they fail. At the moment its more of a 'hey x/y won, thats cool'. The closest we have imo to an emotional connection is naded, because we have been able to follow his story, his trails, tribulations and we yearn for his success. At World champs, he was pretty much the only player to have his name chanted by a crowd because they WANTED him to win, regardless of what team he was on.

Now, how do we do this?

Firstly, players need to step up and let us into their lives. VLOG, tell us about your routines, show us how you react when you lose, show us how you react when you win. Show us what you do outside of the game. Broadcast you as a person, your personality and what makes you tick. I dont like the arguement of 'eh why bother we dont get any views'. That wont change unless you are consistent and want to make yourself as marketable as possible to an audience, sponsors etc. People will then become invested in you as a player and a personality and your following will grow. This is what makes OpTic such a force outside of the game, and therefor as a brand inside the game. Its a simple method, but its quite simply like it or not, genius.

This can also be helped imo by orgs. They could broadcast their players and help them create content to advertise themselves and their teams. Put them in the limelight and let them grow. Help them show themselves outside of the game, as we know what they can do inside of it.

Also players can help themselves. Create something involving other players, make it fun, give us something to connect to.

Another point to make about growing the scene... remeber im not employed full time so this isnt me being a shrill or whatever. We need to stop bashing ESL and 343 for every decision they make. Look at where Halo is right now compared to where it has been. We have a weekly pro league for both NA and EU, with huge prize pools. We have mega tournaments which showcase the cream of the crop with unmatched prize pools in console gaming. We dont have open events at the moment. I get this and its sad. But providing constructive feedback instead of the 'glass half empty' mentality will help. Remember when they changed arena settings and everyone lost their shit for a few weeks? Well because of that, we now have really solid competitive settings for Halo 5. 343 are more likely to respond and act upon positive feeback and engagement from viewers and fans than negative. Also think about how this looks for new players and viewership, when all we seem to do at the moment is bash our own game? Set a presedence of postivity around the game, that will naturally engage people. Everyone I have met from ESL and 343 are incredibly dedicated to halo e-sports and want it to succeed. Help them do that.

Feel free to agree or disagree, but players and fans can all do so so much more than they do. Everyone needs to do their bit.

I feel as though this kind of stuff qualifies as a case of putting the cart before the horse.

*I'm not sure if you will get this analogy as its about American football, but here it goes*

People are not going to watch hard knocks or a football life or tune into the nfl network if they have no interest in football. That kind of content helps deepen the interest of someone who is already a fan. It doesn't create new fans. What creates new fans is an exciting, enertaining product on the field and top notch broadcast productions.

Why would someone watch pro player content if they have no interest in the pro league or even h5 for that matter?

People use the optic example but if you put maniac and company on elevate or French Toast mafia it wouldn't matter how many videos they made. OpTic is popular because of COD. Not because of what the Halo guys are doing.

Imo people are not nearly hard enough on 343 right now. Complacency and a borderline case of Stockholm syndrome is seemingly setting in within this community. "Oh its not unbearably terrible like reach or the 4 anymore, this is OK " what? No. The main reason this game is somewhat decent compared to where halo has been recently is community pushback. I saw notable community members and even pros making content about the bad aspects of h4. Guess what? Those parts of the game are gone and we now have a superior game as a result.

When I look at some of the big esports I don't see a happy go lucky community. I see communities that know what they want. I see communities that push back when they don't get what they want. I see communities who get what they want. I see communities who help shape great games. The Halo community does not currently do any of this.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Don't forget the Welsh Xavi, Mr Joe Allen #Kappa

• Upvote (+1) 2