CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Haven't followed the open circuit too closely, but isn't that jumping the gun a bit? I'd wait to see if they make it out and win a spot in the Top 8.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Orgs are cool and everything, but I'll be damned if they don't go by French Toast Mafia anymore. Definitely one of the better team names I can remember.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Actually what I said is pretty accurate. We were only allowed to operate amateur activity within HCS which we politely declined. We were told ESL's support of MCC was a driving factor however 343 sent us a cease and desist for MCC and we were not allowed to run it even on Gamebattles, thus confusing us how it was a criteria for deciding. Even with that, we were not even invited to bid on HCS at all and never got the opportunity to say what we could do.

Why am I openly responding? Because we are tired of being blamed for dropping halo or not supporting halo5. I get harassed every time I mention planning and its not okay this narrative continues without facts.

This just makes me sad. Like you have no idea. 

• Upvote (+1) 3

Actually what I said is pretty accurate. We were only allowed to operate amateur activity within HCS which we politely declined. We were told ESL's support of MCC was a driving factor however 343 sent us a cease and desist for MCC and we were not allowed to run it even on Gamebattles, thus confusing us how it was a criteria for deciding. Even with that, we were not even invited to bid on HCS at all and never got the opportunity to say what we could do.

Why am I openly responding? Because we are tired of being blamed for dropping halo or not supporting halo5. I get harassed every time I mention planning and its not okay this narrative continues without facts.

This is the most disappointing thing I've read about Halo in awhile  :mj:

• Upvote (+1) 4

all of this is awful but this part pissed me off the most

• Upvote (+1) 6

This isn't too surprising sadly and is what I had assumed was the case. I'm glad you're speaking out on it though. No reason to keep taking the beatings for someone else's (arguably poor) decisions. ESL doesn't hold a candle to you guys.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Hahaha this is just too funny.

I called this on the twitch Tb chat Friday. Nice to see another org in the AM scene. Funny how ogre 2's last squad was denial and he's subbing for rammy on denial.

Haven't followed the open circuit too closely, but isn't that jumping the gun a bit? I'd wait to see if they make it out and win a spot in the Top 8.

Maybe so, but I think it would be cool to have orgs involved in both the Pro league and the open circuit...

• Upvote (+1) 1

what's the big deal? having a known org in the open series is a good thing too.

what's the big deal? having a known org in the open series is a good thing too.

I never said it was a bad thing.

• Upvote (+1) 1

z2mxict.png

Interesting stat but I can see people equating it strictly as more perfects = better shot. That's not necessarily true though. There are many things that play into it. A more individualistic player will have opportunities for perfects than a player who plays off teammates all the time.

I'm heated.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Is spartan one of the top 12 players? probably.

Lethul

Frosty

Snakebite

Royal 2

Huke

Snipedown

Ola

Bubu

Contra

Ace

Suspector

Ninja

Commonly

Cratos

IMO Mikwen is also better than Spartan. He doesn't need or deserve a better team. He needs a reality check

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's very common for Challenger teams to be bought out early because it is cheaper than buying a team in the league, plus a lot of leagues require teams to be under a professional, organized sponsor.

Hell, their contract could even say they don't get paid unless they reach Pro League.

It's very common for Challenger teams to be bought out early because it is cheaper than buying a team in the league, plus a lot of leagues require teams to be under a professional, organized sponsor.

Hell, their contract could even say they don't get paid unless they reach Pro League.

it probably does considering....denial 

On Spartan: Nobody "deserves" shit in life, let alone a "top 3" or whatever bullshit pro team spot that's getting spewed these days. Nobody cares if you're a mental cripple. You make do with what you've been given in life. I ain't perfect either, but I don't bitch about shit. It's why this generation keeps getting tagged with the "what about me, me me me" handout stigma. FOH

On MLG: If you think HCS teams are clique-y, you've never seen how industry professionals really operate. There is still a massive disconnect between the proverbial "suits" like 343 management and a community. That's not to say MLG's all clear either for dumping Halo 4 (basically 343's first baby) despite a god awful game and expecting all would be well when the scene recovered. However, getting barred from even bidding for the rights is just pathetic on 343's part and speaks to how shitty the industry beyond game development actually is. When you have a clusterfuck of a land grab in competitive gaming, it's basically Wild Wild West out there. 

• Upvote (+1) 3