CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

If I would have to guess:

$10 skin is purchased

Majority of $ kept by 343

Minority % Rev share to Org

Even smaller % to players (I guess?) / 4 players?

Probably receive skin payments quarterly or something.

i would love to know the actual numbers here but i feel if we did they would sell a lot less

have they even confirmed that a % of the money is funding a prize pool? supporting the HWC can mean a lot of other things besides funding a prize pool

Remember when $11.99 got you a 5 map mappack?  :lxthul: 

When all 5 of the maps were in production before the game released, you mean? :p

• Upvote (+1) 7

the game cost 60 bucks so i have a hard time paying 30 for skins

if they were 5 each i would have bought all 3

now i'm just going to buy 1

i'm okay spending 30 bucks on cs skins because there is a marketplace and i can cash out essentially 

Star Wars Battlefront was on sale for $29.99 at Gamestop :) 

new game....or skins? :P

• Upvote (+1) 2

When all 5 of the maps were in production before the game released, you mean? :p

5549743+_e3c969d7a379937835aaef6c95110b8

I would rather spend RP on the HCS skins, and money on the team skins. $40 to unlock everything. LOL

• Upvote (+1) 3

Because it's a real object that you can keep forever.

Can't get mountain dew stains on weapon skins tho.  :intensifies:

• Upvote (+1) 6

Team Emblem, Team Pistol Skin, Team AR Skin, and 2 random HCS Skins.

I see. Still a ripoff IMO, but do with your money what you will. I would like these skins, but could care-less if I have them seeing as I don't really give a shit about the orgs on the skins.

Now if they came out with an oldschool Halo teams skin pack with FB, TD, Str8, StK, Instinct, BtH...etc then I would throw money at the screen, but in this instance I don't really care tbh.

The xbox.com website won't let me purchase the team skin packs because my region doesn't match my current location, nor will it allow me to change my region. :(

Star Wars Battlefront was on sale for $29.99 at Gamestop :)

new game....or skins? :P

You could buy Halo 5 for the price of all these skins. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I see. Still a ripoff IMO, but do with your money what you will. I would like these skins, but could care-less if I have them seeing as I don't really give a shit about the orgs on the skins.

Now if they came out with an oldschool Halo teams skin pack with FB, TD, Str8, StK, Instinct, BtH...etc then I would throw money at the screen, but in this instance I don't really care tbh.

I there was a Carbon skin I wouldn't be complaining right now.

• Upvote (+1) 2

CLG skin is sexy tbh, i'd be paying $10 for those ones, OpTic and EG ones looking like shit tho. Imagine now how the E6 skins would look like.

If I would have to guess:

$10 skin is purchased

Majority of $ kept by 343

Minority % Rev share directly to Org

Even smaller % to players (I guess?) / 4 players?

Probably receive skin payments quarterly or something.

So by the time it hits the player, it's more than likely chopped up a few times.

So Twitch recently announced a 71/29 percent split between their "bits" purchases and "cheers" for streamers, so for fun let's just assume a similar ratio at 70/30. 

An HCS skins pack sells for $10, so $3.00 goes to 343 Industries and Microsoft and $7.00 goes to the organization. Then, let's say there's an average 10% team tax, which can be a general number from a team's earnings on tournament victories. So, we're at $6.30 split amongst four players. That leaves $1.57 cents going to each team member for each pack sold, and these numbers are extremely generous considering I'm sure Microsoft, 343 Industries, and the organization themselves would all likely take a bigger cut. 

For a 50/50 split, $5.00 goes to 343 Industries and Microsoft with $5.00 going to the organization. With a 10% team tax, $4.50 is split amongst four players, leaving $1.12 cents per player. 

So, for every 100 team packs sold at a 70/30 split, a player would make $157.00 with 343/Microsoft making $300.00 and for every 100 packs sold at a 50/50 split, a player would make $112.50 cents with 343/Microsoft making $500.00

And those numbers all assume 343 Industries, Microsoft, and the organizations are saints. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

i would love to know the actual numbers here but i feel if we did they would sell a lot less

have they even confirmed that a % of the money is funding a prize pool? supporting the HWC can mean a lot of other things besides funding a prize pool

I think it is safe to say that players are not cashing out on this or anything, even without knowing percentages, just knowing its cut 2-3 times beforehand and then, what, divided by 4 to each player on the roster? 

(Numbers)

Doesn't Valve do like a 25/75 split for their things?  I know for MLG's event tickets, MLG only got 25% which they put straight into MLG Prize Pool.

Not sure how CSGO stickers are, though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Doesn't Valve do like a 25/75 split for their things?  I know for MLG's event tickets, MLG only got 25% which they put straight into MLG Prize Pool.

Not sure how CSGO stickers are, though.

Based on a source which was in talks with certain individuals at 343 Industries, it sounds like the cut is actually closer to 70/30 in favor of Microsoft and 343 Industries, which would mean only $3.00 was going to each organization. This makes more sense if funds are also going into the HCS and HWC, but we haven't gotten confirmation of that to my understanding.

This puts players, with a 10% team tax, at $2.70 split amongst four players, with $0.67 per pack sold going to each player. 

So, for every 100 packs sold, 343 Industries and Microsoft walks away with $700.00 each player is making $67.50. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

It is for sure an awesome idea what 343 is doing with Skins and Rev shares, if payments are made quarterly players will be able to see a decent amount of $$$ on top of their salary just by being on the team, not bad. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

CLG skin is sexy tbh, i'd be paying $10 for those ones, OpTic and EG ones looking like shit tho. Imagine now how the E6 skins would look like.

As a designer please don't make me think about this. :(

• Upvote (+1) 4

It is for sure an awesome idea what 343 is doing with Skins and Rev shares, if payments are made quarterly players will be able to see a decent amount of $$$ on top of their salary just by being on the team, not bad. 

It's basically free money for them so I know I wouldn't complain, sounds like some serious life changing money. 

It's basically free money for them so I know I wouldn't complain, sounds like some serious life changing money. 

You mean like 16th place at worlds?

• Upvote (+1) 1

giphy.gif

• Upvote (+1) 1

As a designer please don't make me think about this. :(

Was going to post a picture off their logo to make you have nightmares but found someting better.

Their website looks literally like a rappers clothing store.

Cx3N5bp.jpg

• Upvote (+1) 1

Look, I know you guys love to think that we are all smarter than 343, but don't you guys think that maybe, JUST MAYBE, they used actual data based on previous REQ sales to back up this price point?

If you think this decision is made by just one person in a room going, "Oh it should be $10!", you are so foolish. I can almost guarantee you that they pulled a ton of data on REQ sales in the past, breakeven points, went over it with the teams multiple times, etc.

People using idioms like, "if they were $5 I would buy all 3" is naive. You are one person. They have the data on everyone in Halo 5 right now. We are not the majority in this game, don't forget that.

Side note:

I'm going to be so salty if someone leaves TB because of direct mod response. Stay above it, even if you perceive something as a sleight against TB.

\rant

• Upvote (+1) 9
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Look, I know you guys love to think that we are all smarter than 343, but don't you guys think that maybe, JUST MAYBE, they used actual data based on previous REQ sales to back up this price point?

No.

• Upvote (+1) 6
  • Downvote (-1) 3

This is random but did they fix the thing where if you search by yourself, you match people that search by yourself?

Im watching snipedown stream and hes not matching to3/to4s and at this time, its usually a guarantee you match a to3/to4 in arena