CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I am not paying another 8 pounds for some HCS Skin.

343 have a lot to learn with micro transactions it seems...

• Upvote (+1) 2

wasn't one of the current br skins in the last year HCS pack?

Old HCS Pack: White AR/Magnum, HCS Armor, Emblem

New Skins: Blue AR/Magnum, Red AR/Magnum, White/Blue/Red BRs

Are we really complaining about $10 packs? If it is out of your price range just don't buy it. Of course anyone would like to pay less money for these packs but if you really like that team and want to support them you will spend the $10. I could be wrong but I believe every special pack in this game has had a $10 price point, why is it such an issue all of a sudden?

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I think it is ridiculous that 3 packs will cost $30. Shit, I am a poor graduate student who is bitching about the $30 for Destiny: Rise of Iron Expansion, and that gives me playable content. There is no way I can justify spending that much on skins. At this point, if I had the money, I would directly give it to the streamer(s). 

On the note of @@Mikwen, while I understand not wanting to post on the forums, I will miss it greatly. As one of the regular pros, and one with a gold bar, it was great insight into different aspects of competitive Halo. I will understand if you decide not to post again, but I hope you reconsider.

Please never stop posting @@PaPaMikwen

• Upvote (+1) 2

Are we really complaining about $10 packs? If it is out of your price range just don't buy it. Of course anyone would like to pay less money for these packs but if you really like that team and want to support them you will spend the $10. I could be wrong but I believe every special pack in this game has had a $10 price point, why is it such an issue all of a sudden?

A lot of people believe $10 is too much, yea the hardcore competitive Halo fans but for casuals and those on the fence that's a decent chunk of money for a digital skin. With something like $4.99, people believe a lot more would be interested in buying them.

Old HCS Pack: White AR/Magnum, HCS Armor, Emblem

New Skins: Blue AR/Magnum, Red AR/Magnum, White/Blue/Red BRs

so you have to buy one more pack anyway.

​i just got 1 hcs skin out of 7 possible in my optic pack. you got that luck and 2 all the time? or did you already unlock all non hcs skins, though!? otherwise there is the chace to not even unlocking 1 additional hcs skin if you're unlucky

​are the old ones in this packs, too if i unlocked all the new ones?

the game cost 60 bucks so i have a hard time paying 30 for skins

if they were 5 each i would have bought all 3

now i'm just going to buy 1

i'm okay spending 30 bucks on cs skins because there is a marketplace and i can cash out essentially 

• Upvote (+1) 3

it's not just that they're $10. It's that they also look like someone spent about 5 minutes making them.

Like I said, they look like first drafts that got approved and pushed through.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Obviously I can't speak objectively but I would pay 10.00 for my sons team skins, but if a significant portion went back to the players I would buy every team. To support them.

Yeah same.

does the money that supports the orgs go directly to the players or to the org itself? 

why would i feel the need to support EG if they're owned by amazon? 

A lot of people believe $10 is too much, yea the hardcore competitive Halo fans but for casuals and those on the fence that's a decent chunk of money for a digital skin. With something like $4.99, people believe a lot more would be interested in buying them.

well they could release a cheap pack at $3.99 with 1 out of the 3 skins to unlock

maybe someone should hint this to 343i and Microsoft

​i would like that and gamble to get the CLG AR. that thing is just pure sex. but i don't care for the rest and do not want to support them :D

so you have to buy one more pack anyway.

​i just got 1 hcs skin out of 7 possible in my optic pack. you got that luck and 2 all the time? or did you already unlock all non hcs skins, though!? otherwise there is the chace to not even unlocking 1 additional hcs skin if you're unlucky

​are the old ones in this packs, too if i unlocked all the new ones?

If you don't have the old HCS items, it comes out to an even amount (12 items, 2 per pack, 6 packs).

For players with the old HCS items, there are 7 new skins and each team pack gives 2 skins. That means you have to pay $10 extra just to grab that final skin.

does the money that supports the orgs go directly to the players or to the org itself? 

why do people buy football jerseys when NFL franchises are worth tons of money?

because they are fans

don't buy the skins then... lol

it goes to the teams

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If I would have to guess:

$10 skin is purchased

Majority of $ kept by 343

Minority % Rev share directly to Org

Even smaller % to players (I guess?) / 4 players?

Probably receive skin payments quarterly or something.

So by the time it hits the player, it's more than likely chopped up a few times.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

why do people buy football jerseys

Because it's a real object that you can keep forever.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

If you don't have the old HCS items, it comes out to an even amount (12 items, 2 per pack, 6 packs).

For players with the old HCS items, there are 7 new skins and each team pack gives 2 skins. That means you have to pay $10 extra just to grab that final skin.

Wait wait wait. $10 for only two skins?

Because it's a real object that you can keep forever.

Doubt a jersey would last you that much, unless you never use it.

• Downvote (-1) 1

It's great that a percentage of the skin sales go to the orgs and prizepools. (though I wish we know how much)  But I land on the 'team packs priced too high' side of the argument.

I think most people would rather collect all the org skins rather than just rep their team.  I recall snipedown getting worried during hwc (world/xgames/regionals can't remember) because people who tuned in on twitch during the event got a special armor you couldn't receive otherwise.  I think so many others share that same desire to complete their collection. This mentality applies to casuals too, not just the hardcore halo fans.  People love playing their games to completion and unlocking all achievements and the like.

By the time all the pro league team skins are released, that's $80 to complete your collection? That's more than the game itself.  And what if other orgs come into the mix next season or teams release their 'away' skins.

Remember when $11.99 got you a 5 map mappack?  :lxthul: 

• Upvote (+1) 7