CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I've bought a CLG pack and it still hasn't triggered a download on my console yet.

Also not showing up on the Xbox Store yet, just Xbox.com.

Same.

the pack doesn't load on my xbox :/

edit: meaning I bought it through xbox webstore but the dl isn't triggered on my console

same for me

​we'll have to wait

​9.99 was expected. at least it's 3 "skins" each

but for that price i also won't buy more than one. and i payed with the $10 compensation form the fallout 4 pricing error

This is how team skins should have been done.

$4.99/$5.99 - contains team AR, Pistol and emblem

Separate HCS pack should be added, remove them from the team skins.

• Upvote (+1) 5

10$ per pack :\ Even for an HCS homer like myself that's a little steep. Fortunately, I've got 10$ in my account from that free Fallout 4 SNAFU but yeah. Looks like I'll only be getting one more pack.

Holy shit I forgot about that. So do I. Looks like I'll get a pack after all.

I've bought a CLG pack and it still hasn't triggered a download on my console yet.

Same. Untag 343.

I'll reserve judgement on the $10 price point until we find out what portion goes to the teams (if we ever do). If it's a decent percentage, I'll still buy all 3. I like Halo, want it to succeed, and have a bit of disposable income. As long as it's going to the right place, at least most of it.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm a married adult. Me and my spouse both have well paying jobs (inb4 everyone compares salaries)

and there is no way I am going to spend 10$ for a single teams skins/emblems etc. Is 343 this out of touch? I pretty much just play Hitman on PC and Halo. Just looked at some old Absolution DLC. .99 for everything. Different guns/disguises etc all of it is .99. 

So at this point (when new teams are released) it will cost 40$ for 4 team skins/emblems or whatever. Isn't that what H5 is selling for now?

Edit: just checked Amazon. Halo 5 is selling for $30.50. The 3 skins cost as much as the game itself....

• Upvote (+1) 9

It's funny because they think they'll make more because it cost more, but they'll make probably < half what they would have made had they cut the price in half + offered bundles ($4.99 for one pack, select 3 packs (when there's more than just 3) for $12.99 or $13.99). Ridiculous pricing. Maybe they'll lower the price after the first month when sales suck and there's enough complaints.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Did you sign up with a fake american post code? Cant find a UK store

@@Mikwen, the price is steep. They would make MORE money if they cut the price in half because more people would be purchasing, and people would be purchasing more than one team which would result in more teams making more money. Now a lot of people will only be picking one team, resulting in "less favorite" teams making very little money. Which is ironic because a lot of the "less favorite" teams are the ones who also won't make as much money from placings.

• Upvote (+1) 8

People are complaining about $10 for 5 skins when I pay $15 for one team skin in League. Wut

If LoL is anything like CS:GO, skins are WAY more valuable and look WAY better than they do in Halo.

If LoL is anything like CS:GO, skins are WAY more valuable and look WAY better than they do in Halo.

You can't sell skins in LoL. They have no value to them (though you can sell your account i guess, but that's against the rules so). They do look really good usually, especially the team skins, but so does the CLG set for Halo (the others suck). I actually think they should have just included armor and helmets too and nobody would be complaining.

People are complaining about $10 for 5 skins when I pay $15 for one team skin in League. Wut

League is a free to play game built on micro transactions. While I still think that is insanity for a skin... I can at least somewhat wrap my head around it.

League skins are pretty different. I've spent 1200+ on league skins  :mj: and everyone of them I have bought felt worth it to buy. This doesn't feel worth it at all.

It's funny because they think they'll make more because it cost more, but they'll make probably < half what they would have made had they cut the price in half + offered bundles ($4.99 for one pack, select 3 packs (when there's more than just 3) for $12.99 or $13.99). Ridiculous pricing. Maybe they'll lower the price after the first month when sales suck and there's enough complaints.

i have no doubt there will be a sale for 50% off in the future. maybe for the next worlds or whatever