CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I wonder if CLG will win with the Ram. Also, if NV wins it won't count as a real rival match. 

It goes from nV having nothing to lose but a ton to gain to CLG being the ones with nothing to lose. There's a lot of added pressure on nV.

Hitting shots cross map with pistol is difficult because at that range it's all up to connection and randomness. BR makes it much more consistent.

With H5 there is rarely just one or two people with weapons. You spawn with the worst precision weapon in the game so right off your spawn anyone with a dmr or a br are immediately at an advantage. Not to mention most maps seem to have two to three power weapons. It just snowballs to the point where the people who go on runs with weapons continue to get the kills and the people who don't get on bad spawn cycles.

It doesn't really come "down to connection".

The the other precision weapons autoaim when the pistol doesn't. But you shots still kill if the reticle is on the opponents head.

If your connection is shitty, the effect on shot registration will be the same across all weapons.

I just don't see snow balling being an issue when every single person in the game is against everyone else. It's not like folks are just teaming up on spawners. People with power weapons become targets because everyone else wants those power weapons for themselves.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The the other precision weapons autoaim when the pistol doesn't. But you shots still kill if the reticle is on the opponents head.

If your connection is shitty, the effect on shot registration will be the same across all weapons.

I just don't see snow balling being an issue when every single person in the game is against everyone else. It's not like folks are just teaming up on spawners. People with power weapons become targets because everyone else wants those power weapons for themselves.

Or they avoid the guy that has them because they'll just die and give someone else the opportunity to get the kill and the gun. Or the guy hides in a corner and isolates himself so that he can get free kills. Let's not act like FFA players always rush the guy who has a power weapon. And that's not even starting the talk about spawns and whatnot giving people advantages on getting these weapons.

It's not like people team up on people with power weapons. Targeting someone with snipe is rockets is an easy way to give them a free kill. Power weapons are free kills for whoever has them and with how power weapon spawns work it's easy to keep a snipe or rockets until the next one spawns. FFA would be way more fair if there weren't games where someone wins with 12+ power weapon kills

Or they avoid the guy that has them because they'll just die and give someone else the opportunity to get the kill and the gun. Or the guy hides in a corner and isolates himself so that he can get free kills. Let's not act like FFA players always rush the guy who has a power weapon. And that's not even starting the talk about spawns and whatnot giving people advantages on getting these weapons.

And let's also not act like everyone who has weapon pickups are ignoring each other and targeting spawners. Everyone is doing what they deem is best for them at any given moment. As such, the opportunity to clean up kills with the pistol is common place in every single FFA match.

The ability to land skillful shots with the pistol is critical to being the first to 25. With BR starts, skill gap is decreased. There's no way around it.

If there is an issue with FFA it's the spawns and power weapon spawns. BR starts is a bandaid that doesn't even address the issue, it just creates a new issue.

Best thing to do now is pistol starts with no weapons on map.

• Upvote (+1) 3

It's not like people team up on people with power weapons. Targeting someone with snipe is rockets is an easy way to give them a free kill. Power weapons are free kills for whoever has them and with how power weapon spawns work it's easy to keep a snipe or rockets until the next one spawns. FFA would be way more fair if there weren't games where someone wins with 12+ power weapon kills

There were no weapons on the map in the tournament tho.

There were no weapons on the map in the tournament tho.

Yes I'm aware of that. I was replying to a post that was commenting on something I said about MM FFA.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Does anyone know if Doubles will ever be ranked?

They said they were working on it during yesterday's livestream.

• Upvote (+1) 2

On the livestream yesterday bravo confirmed that they were working on making doubles permanent and ranked. They're hoping to keep the best community maps and intersperse some current dev maps in as well.

EDIT: so slow

• Upvote (+1) 2

I didn't see it happen, but I guess Bravo said that it will be ranked "Soon"TM  on the FF stream yesterday. They're leaving the social playlist up longer now. I think the best we can do is keep it populated so they can't ignore interest.

edit: the slowest

• Upvote (+1) 1

Just to clarify on the posts above me, I believe Bravo said on stream that they are working on making doubles a permanent and ranked playlist.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Cool! Doubles has always been one of my favorite playlists. Not sure why it took them so long to implement it. Also pretty happy with the current maps; if they make it a permanent playlist they will obviously need to add more eventually. Shurima is probably always one of my favs..seems to always be pretty competitive.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Connection was critical in every single halo game to date,

Halo 4 and 3 were insane on host, it was like playing on steroids, especially in halo 4.

I totally understand the frustration of shots not registering against opponents because you are pinging 80+ against them

- (I live in the EU now again so this happens to me a fuck tonne, lol those games are quite literally decided between which team pulls host)

But that is halo and life so it is nothing new, and I don't think connection is as big of an influence in this game as it was in others

Have you tried doing a test to see your ping to the azure servers?

http://www.azurespeed.com/

Not many Europeans I know get less than 100ms to either server here in Europe. Atm it's jumping between 108-140 for West Europe (lowest ping) for me. 

If I do a test on http://www.pingtest.net/ I usually get around 40ms if I try a server in Netherlands.  :mj:

is it true that the team skins will be on XBOX website and not on console?

That's what was said on stream I believe.

is it true that the team skins will be on XBOX website and not on console?

That's what I've heard so far.  But I'm sure that 343 will still advertise them on the main start-up message for Halo and tell people where they can purchase the skins.

Cool! Doubles has always been one of my favorite playlists. Not sure why it took them so long to implement it. Also pretty happy with the current maps; if they make it a permanent playlist they will obviously need to add more eventually. Shurima is probably always one of my favs..seems to always be pretty competitive.

This happened:

http://www.forgehub.com/threads/an-open-letter-from-forgehub-regarding-the-2v2-contest.152262/

Pretty sure that's why the whole 2v2 playlist took so long to get added.

That's what I've heard so far.  But I'm sure that 343 will still advertise them on the main start-up message for Halo and tell people where they can purchase the skins.

That worked wonderfully for online ranks in Halo 4 :lxthul:

• Upvote (+1) 4

"I would cast a Halo tournament"-Naded 2016

T2 and Naded duo in the booth?

• Upvote (+1) 4

I wonder if CLG will win with the Ram. Also, if NV wins it won't count as a real rival match. 

They might lose to NV if last week was any indication, but if Royal 2 was sick last week, they might be better without him for the time being.  I don't know how much his numbers dropped, but decision making definitely wouldn't be as good if its hard to concentrate, regardless of how that shows up in the stats.

Would be great, but never happen :(

They might lose to NV if last week was any indication, but if Royal 2 was sick last week, they might be better without him for the time being.  I don't know how much his numbers dropped, but decision making definitely wouldn't be as good if its hard to concentrate, regardless of how that shows up in the stats.

Nonetheless, I am excited to watch the games. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

What if Naded quit before even being halfway into the broadcast?

• Upvote (+1) 6