CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

It's still possible to tie with multiple panelists.

It's less likely with an odd number, though.  Since if you've got two teams (like E6/nV) that are fairly close in standings, you'll probably end up with a 3/2 split instead of a 2/2.

I will be honest here: the only way this EG roster sticks together for next season is if they somehow win Worlds, other than that, I just don't see it. They don't ever seem to be on the same page anymore, no matter how hard they try. 

Worlds won't take place before the start of next Pro League season, though.
  • Upvote (+1) 2

"Matt would have never let this happen"

"Matt would have killed this guy by now"

"STOP TALKING TO ME"

- @@LethuL 

• Upvote (+1) 8

"Matt would have never let this happen"

"Matt would have killed this guy by now"

"STOP TALKING TO ME"

- @@LethuL 

Haha timestamp in the rebroadcast?

Why are BR starts being used in this FFA tournament? 

The pistol is incredibly underpowered at a lot of ranges on Truth and with there being no map pickups you need a better starting weapon. I personally think these settings are the best for FFA in H5

• Upvote (+1) 3

The pistol is incredibly underpowered at a lot of ranges on Truth and with there being no map pickups you need a better starting weapon.

With there being so map pickups, that make's a weaker starter like the magnum make more sense. It would mean players can't just anchor p2 and pick off from range, they'd be forced to move and engage, as well as use a more difficult weapon.

And every 2nd kill wouldn't be a perfect like today's killfeed showed.

• Upvote (+1) 1

With there being so map pickups, that make's a weaker starter like the magnum make more sense. It would mean players can't just anchor p2 and pick off from range, they'd be forced to move and engage, as well as use a more difficult weapon.

And every 2nd kill wouldn't be a perfect like today's killfeed showed.

I think pistol starts would need to be on a different map than Truth. I just find it to be really bad at range. But maybe that's what people want. More isolated battles and less crossmaping for cleanups

I think pistol starts would need to be on a different map than Truth. I just find it to be really bad at range. But maybe that's what people want. More isolated battles and less crossmaping for cleanups

Isn't that how FFA has always been though? In every other game you had a weapon that was capable of shooting across the map to clean up kills.
  • Upvote (+1) 1

Haha timestamp in the rebroadcast?

Not sure sorry, I was watching for about ten minutes at work :(

Isn't that how FFA has always been though? In every other game you had a weapon that was capable of shooting across the map to clean up kills.

That's what I'm saying. BR starts makes it the most even playing field

• Upvote (+1) 1

But the RRR on the H5 BR is rediculous. Seeing someone land the final shot crossmap with a pistol is exciting because you know it was difficult. With BR it just seems cheap.

The issue of players being disadvantaged off spawn is overstated when it comes to FFA IMO. It's not like there's a team wiith map control collapsing on spawns. The guy with weapon control in FFA is going to be a target for everyone else.

But the RRR on the H5 BR is rediculous. Seeing someone land the final shot crossmap with a pistol is exciting because you know it was difficult. With BR it just seems cheap.

The issue of players being disadvantaged off spawn is overstated when it comes to FFA IMO. It's not like there's a team wiith map control collapsing on spawns. The guy with weapon control in FFA is going to be a target for everyone else.

Hitting shots cross map with pistol is difficult because at that range it's all up to connection and randomness. BR makes it much more consistent.

With H5 there is rarely just one or two people with weapons. You spawn with the worst precision weapon in the game so right off your spawn anyone with a dmr or a br are immediately at an advantage. Not to mention most maps seem to have two to three power weapons. It just snowballs to the point where the people who go on runs with weapons continue to get the kills and the people who don't get on bad spawn cycles.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 4

^No, hitting cross map pistol shots does not come down to connection, it comes down to sheer skill.

Ever try to cross map P3 to top car in Truth with the pistol? The issue is the lack of auto aim, not connection. At that range the pistol does not give you auto aim when the BR and carbine does. When someone is hitting those shots, you know they're shooting well.

• Upvote (+1) 7

^No, hitting cross map pistol shots does not come down to connection, it comes down to sheer skill.

Ever try to cross map P3 to top car in Truth with the pistol? The issue is the lack of auto aim, not connection. At that range the pistol does not give you auto aim when the BR and carbine does. When someone is hitting those shots, you know they're shooting well.

It does come down to connection. I see people all the time get perfect kills cross map when I can't even get a headshot from that range on a target standing still.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 12

I've noticed that shooting at really long ranges with the pistol is very inconsistent. A lot of it probably is due to lack of zoom though.

If you're missing a stationary target you are going to need more than upgraded Internet.

I wasn't missing though. I said I can't get a headshot. No matter where I shoot someone from that range it won't give me a headshot. Are you just going to insult me because you have no argument?

• Downvote (-1) 2

If you're missing a stationary target you are going to need more than upgraded Internet.

Nah bro, Xfinity promised me a better shot by upgrading. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

People who think that internet connection doesn't make a difference in long range hit detection probably play on great internet

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Rammy just being thrown into the limelight. Idk specifically which member of CLG talked to Rammy about subbing, but there's no way he believed them at first.

I would believe snakebite, but if it was @@LethuL I wouldnt believe anything that snarky SOB says haha

I wasn't missing though. I said I can't get a headshot. No matter where I shoot someone from that range it won't give me a headshot. Are you just going to insult me because you have no argument?

You got a video of this?  Connection doesn't matter if they are standing still unless you are dropping a shitton of packets in which case you would be getting kicked out of games constantly, throwing double nades and skipping around the map. If thats the case i feel bad for you and your connection.  I know there generally isn't much you can do with a shitty connection since ISPs are so intent on not competing with each other, but thats an individual problem for you, not a problem with the weapon as unfortunate as that is.  Its not worth sacrificing the competitiveness between the other 7 Edit: other 5 players just to compensate for one persons shitty connection.

BR is too easy for everybody on the map to have one at the same time.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Are we all gonna sit here and act like the God Servers that enable you to hit unzoomed perfect kills and head shots across the map with the pistol don't exist? It is a skillful weapon, that has a lot to do with connection online unfortunately. If you're pinging at above 80 good luck hitting headshot.

• Upvote (+1) 2

I would believe snakebite, but if it was @@LethuL I wouldnt believe anything that snarky SOB says haha

You got a video of this?  Connection doesn't matter if they are standing still unless you are dropping a shitton of packets in which case you would be getting kicked out of games constantly, throwing double nades and skipping around the map. If thats the case i feel bad for you and your connection.  I know there generally isn't much you can do with a shitty connection since ISPs are so intent on not competing with each other, but thats an individual problem for you, not a problem with the weapon as unfortunate as that is.  Its not worth sacrificing the competitiveness between the other 7 Edit: other 5 players just to compensate for one persons shitty connection.

BR is too easy for everybody on the map to have one at the same time.

Your connection doesn't have to be that bad for headshots to be very rare at cross map ranges. 

I wonder if CLG will win with the Ram. Also, if NV wins it won't count as a real rival match. 

Connection was critical in every single halo game to date,

Halo 4 and 3 were insane on host, it was like playing on steroids, especially in halo 4.

I totally understand the frustration of shots not registering against opponents because you are pinging 80+ against them

- (I live in the EU now again so this happens to me a fuck tonne, lol those games are quite literally decided between which team pulls host)

But that is halo and life so it is nothing new, and I don't think connection is as big of an influence in this game as it was in others

• Upvote (+1) 1