CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Feedback

Some things I think should've been mentioned in the power rankings' write up:

Evil Geniuses Team House -- they played all from the same location against RNG/nV in pro league this week, which definitely contributed to their much stronger performances.

RAMMY.  He was a large part of Allegiance's 2-0 this week, as he put up the biggest numbers in the pro league over 8 games.

OpTic, while 7th in standings, have the least number of map wins in Pro League (one less than Liquid) -- further support for you guys placing them behind Liquid (beyond just Liquid doing okay in scrims and 3-0ing them this week).  You mentioned them having just 3 map wins during the power ranking period, but personally I think the pro league map win rate is a more interesting metric.

Enigma 6: Enigma 6's wins are partially powered by their dominant Strongholds performances -- Flag looks to be the one weakness holding them back from a consistent top spot.  Since the end of Worlds, they're the only team with a gametype advantage over CLG, as well as the team with the most wins in flag gametypes against CLG, though they don't seem to stack up as well in Slayers as other teams.  Still, they're definitely the best match-up against CLG thus far.

I think, overall, you should focus more on storylines and some key stats, rather than just the records for the week.

Anyway, still good content.  Ranks seem pretty straight-forward this time.

• Upvote (+1) 2

FFA was cool and different to run. More? :simms:

Yes please and thanks everything you guys do is great and much appreciated <3 

• Upvote (+1) 4

The new map looks like it COULD work for competitive if they remove the H2 BR.

343 we DO NOT want a weapon that aims itself and has so much bullet mag that it makes strafing against it pointless. Please stop putting this weapon on maps. Thanks - The Halo Community. :)

• Upvote (+1) 8

Just read that Rammy is subbing for CLG. Dude is getting work; I like it. 

Hey @@aPK @@Infinity

I think having ties most weeks kind of defeats the purpose of power rankings. As Audley mentioned a bit, you should focus more on story lines to get a set 1-8 w/o any ties. 

Ties just don't really fit in power rankings for the most part. For example, I think E6 can give the edge over nV due to the 3-1, rather than the 5 game series nV gave them.

Of course, you can look at the other end and think that nV will be at a "team house" and might give them the edge in the future.

Other than that, good read. Personally had ALG > RNG though. I think ALG looked great, even w/ Rammy, which could go either way in the future. 

• Downvote (-1) 1

Just wanted to post a few gameplays of ours from last weeks match vs Renegades in case anyone was interested in hearing the communication. Game 1 had a problem with the audio so I didn't upload it and we had some serious problems blowing a fuse in the house the following night that prevented us from recording any of the nV games so unfortunately it's just games 2 and 3 of our first match. I go into more detail about why we couldn't record the nV games in a video coming out tomorrow. It's actually the first of a new series I'm starting out based on Pro League/our team practice all week and everything in-between at the house with interviews from everyone on our team, I'm aiming to release one per week around 20-30 min each and the first episode should be up by 6-7pm cst. Pretty excited about it soooo I hope you guys like it! Haha it's the very first video like this that I'm attempting and I'm just one man with limited experience putting in the effort to try to get better at filming/editing so constructive feedback is always appreciated, I don't post on here too much but I'll do my best to check back in and catch up on everything in this thread as often as I can.

Love the fact that you're committed to making content Tow! Is it possible to upload the future pro league matches videos in 60fps?

so optic lost rig strongholds to an AM team, and optic beat CLG in rig strongholds, so does this mean CLG is getting relegated?  :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

I remember everyone in chat was getting mad at StrongSide for saying that CLG was weak on Rig Stronghold because they had won it in scrims. Then they lost it to nV, and then to E6.... 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Hey @@aPK @@Infinity

I think having ties most weeks kind of defeats the purpose of power rankings. As Audley mentioned a bit, you should focus more on story lines to get a set 1-8 w/o any ties. 

Ties just don't really fit in power rankings for the most part. For example, I think E6 can give the edge over nV due to the 3-1, rather than the 5 game series nV gave them.

Of course, you can look at the other end and think that nV will be at a "team house" and might give them the edge in the future.

Other than that, good read. Personally had ALG > RNG though. I think ALG looked great, even w/ Rammy, which could go either way in the future. 

Main reason they have ties is that it's an even-number of panelists.  When T0rm3nt3d was voting, they had 5.

Main reason they have ties is that it's an even-number of panelists.  When T0rm3nt3d was voting, they had 5.

It's still possible to tie with multiple panelists.

Finals series score: EG 5-6 Liquid.

Snip3down sounded super disappointed before ending his stream.  :mj:

I will be honest here: the only way this EG roster sticks together for next season is if they somehow win Worlds, other than that, I just don't see it. They don't ever seem to be on the same page anymore, no matter how hard they try. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

I will be honest here: the only way this EG roster sticks together for next season is if they somehow win Worlds, other than that, I just don't see it. They don't ever seem to be on the same page anymore, no matter how hard they try. 

I wonder what will happen to EG once RoyBox retire.

I've been saying this for awhile...S3 HWC, either Naded will do it or EG will grab either Trippey or Rammy... or Naded will grab both of them & teach them the ways of Halo..

I think Snip3down would stay. Svspector might. They could bring in great talent based on name alone. Would be interesting for sure. 

Liquid was just seriously shitting the last 3 games. Happy for em, despite team morale

It's still possible to tie with multiple panelists.

I think there should be some sort of fail safe/tie breaker in place to prevent ties. 

Snip3down, suspector, naded, rammy would be an interesting team. Idk what happened to this team but I dont see them being together after season 1 is over.

• Upvote (+1) 3

Snip3down, suspector, naded, rammy would be an interesting team. Idk what happened to this team but I dont see them being together after season 1 is over.

I will one up you and call for:

Naded Suspector Snip3down Spartan/Penguin

• Upvote (+1) 1

Liquid was just seriously shitting the last 3 games. Happy for em, despite team morale

doesn't help either when EG starts tilting too (at least that is what it looked like at times during those games). 

the amount of nades out of elevate is absurd, like just constant nades and some of them work and its pissing me off and im not even playing.  this looks like the most frustrating team to play.  not even because of the nades but something about this team is frustrating to watch

• Upvote (+1) 1

the amount of nades out of Randa is absurd, like just constant nades and some of them work and its pissing me off and im not even playing.  this looks like the most frustrating team to play.  not even because of the nades but something about this team is frustrating to watch

Fixed. 

• Upvote (+1) 3