CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

sorry but halo wouldn't fill up a 2k arena. Theres not a great amount of spectators outsidevof people who have obligations to be there or are supporting some1 who does

There are plenty of people who didn't get to go that wanted to. Players families and friends could have gone as well instead of the extremely limited amount that went. With some advertising, they would have sold out a 2K arena IMO, or at least got it pretty full. I'm sure a lot of players who didn't make it would have gone and brought a friend or two. Organization owners/players/potential orgs/etc. I think you'd be surprised how many people might have gone had it been announced the location a few months in advance with some advertising in a more central location (like Columbus where a lot of the Halo community stems from - the Midwest). 

• Upvote (+1) 3

yep, thats a fact...yet EG asking him on two occasions demonstrates interest in teaming with him, does it not. That's all I'm getting at.

very true. If it would have resulting in a good placing however, nobody will ever know.

• Upvote (+1) 1

The tickets for the HWC sold out in less than 3 minutes.  Now to be fair that was like 500 people (maybe) for the games biggest event, but it could have easily filled up more.  Also doesn't help the venue was announced like 2 weeks before and the schedule was less than a week before.  Would get NO where near what CSGO or even CoD gets, but it could get way more than what was there for the HWC.  The venue was tiny (I was there). 

• Upvote (+1) 2

The tickets for the HWC sold out in less than 3 minutes.  Now to be fair that was like 500 people (maybe) for the games biggest event, but it could have easily filled up more.  Also doesn't help the venue was announced like 2 weeks before and the schedule was less than a week before.  Would get NO where near what CSGO or even CoD gets, but it could get way more than what was there for the HWC.  The venue was tiny (I was there). 

This. A 2K arena was definitely plausible if the event was announced when the season started. People could have booked real cheap flights to the midwest and a lot of the community is from the area so could have saved money on driving, and therefore would have gone had they had the opportunity. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

So, from watching APG's stream today, it seems that a potential Liquid squad could be APG Ace Unlegit Stellur (So, essentially Heinz for Stellur; an aggressive OBJ/Support player for a more slayer-crentic player).

Also, I wonder if NV is running tonight again. I would like to see Penguin run with Ola Mikwen and Rayne one more time, before setting off to RNG or maybe even Liquid.  When Penguin ran games with NV, I believe his controller was already broken and yet they were keeping up with EG right off the bat, at times.  

Also, thoughts on Ola: it seems that he is very dedicated this season and is catching very quickly, so much so, that other pro's are starting to notice his progress. Keep it up dude,we're rooting for your return to the top! :)

I'm relaxed.  Just sitting here dumbfounded.  After 10+ years, you'd think people would learn to stop trying to make Naded a "thing".

2nd place at worlds = not a thing?  

#Logic

• Upvote (+1) 5

This. A 2K arena was definitely plausible if the event was announced when the season started. People could have booked real cheap flights to the midwest and a lot of the community is from the area so could have saved money on driving, and therefore would have gone had they had the opportunity. 

u honestly think halo 5 would fill up an arena?  Halo 3 would have been close and now with a decimated population in comparison, I'm just not seeing it.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Also, I wonder if NV is running tonight again. 

Mikwen said a few nights ago they were prob going to run with Huke Saturday night.

A lot of things have changed since then, so who knows. I'm sure they'll run with someone tonight, if not Huke.

• Upvote (+1) 1

u honestly think halo 5 would fill up an arena?  Halo 3 would have been close and now with a decimated population in comparison, I'm just not seeing it.

Honestly, if "fill up an arena" = "sell 2K tickets", I think it would sell out pretty quickly with no issues if they had even moderately decent marketing/promotion and advanced notice of event timing.

• Upvote (+1) 5

Back to the topic of CSGO for a minute, Liquid just blew 15 straight match points to lose 2-0 to Luminosity. 

I bring this up because the great Scott Gandhi tweeted:  "What we just watched was the equivalent of a bald eagle being shot mid air."

• Upvote (+1) 1

Honestly, if "fill up an arena" = "sell 2K tickets", I think it would sell out pretty quickly with no issues if they had even moderately decent marketing/promotion and advanced notice of event timing.

I believe halo 3 MLG events sold 1k spectator passes and they didnt sell out every event...

h5 doesnt play drastically different from h4

Halo 4, Global Champion Ace wishes this was true

• Upvote (+1) 7

i think this will be a priority this season, at least for worlds 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Yes I do. I'm not talking about selling out Madison Square Garden, I'm talking some 2Kish size stadium (like one of those minor league hockey team stadiums). If it was announced when HWC was announced and was in the midwest, then yes. I think it would have had zero problems selling out assuming they advertised it on twitter, in Halo, and during each event. Every org could have tweeted out "make sure to get tickets to support us at worlds" type thing as well. 2K isn't as large of a number as you think. 

• Upvote (+1) 5

Yes I do. I'm not talking about selling out Madison Square Garden, I'm talking some 2Kish size stadium (like one of those minor league hockey team stadiums). If it was announced when HWC was announced and was in the midwest, then yes. I think it would have had zero problems selling out assuming they advertised it on twitter, in Halo, and during each event. Every org could have tweeted out "make sure to get tickets to support us at worlds" type thing as well. 2K isn't as large of a number as you think. 

This is what I was going to say. There are plenty of AHL and ECHL teams scattered around the country/continent. There are only a few that seat more than 10,000 for hockey. You're only looking to fill a third of the capacity anyway, so they're perfect for events like this.

I don't watch CS , I see a lot of team liquid choking on my Twitter , can someone fill me in on what happened ?

To put it simply, the CS:GO Major tournament (which is equivalent to HWC basically) rarely ever has an American team make it out of pool play. Liquid was in the Semifinals. CS:GO matches are round-based games and play to 16 wins. First team to 16 wins wins that map, unless it goes to OT. Liquid was up on map 1 15-10 and lost 19-15. Liquid was up on map 2 15-7 and lost 16-19. 

Incredibly huge choke. Think RNG choking in game 3 against Allegiance but significantly worse than that was. And it happened on two different maps.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I don't watch CS , I see a lot of team liquid choking on my Twitter , can someone fill me in on what happened ?

CS is first to 16 round wins, must win by 2 (30 rounds total so it goes to OT at 15-15)

Liquid was up 15-9 in game 1 and blew it to lose.

Then proceeded to go up 15-6 in game 2 and blew that too to lose the series. 

This is what I was going to say. There are plenty of AHL and ECHL teams scattered around the country/continent. None of them (at least to my current knowledge) seat more than 10,000 for hockey. You're only looking to fill a third of the capacity anyway, so they're perfect for events like this.

You don't want to show a stadium with 1/3rd of the seats full. Book a smaller arena in the Columbus/Chicago type area and watch it sell out the weekend tickets go on sale (4 months before the event).

Imaging going up 49-40 and losing two times in a row in the semi finals of the HWC. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

i really want to see the potential new RNG scrim the new EG. As of right now they are the best new teams. Honestly i would want RNG to smoke eg in scrims and make even more rostermania happen,but that is probably not realistic.

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

possible intel, i think Stellur, is going to be scrimming with a team tonight be on the lookout for fake tags.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

possible intel, i think Stellur, is going to be scrimming with a team tonight be on the lookout for fake tags.

@@StelluR is not signed to an org, why would he use a fake tag?

• Upvote (+1) 1