CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Requesting any pro applies to stream league matches today as there's that 2 day rule

Please try it and help Halo grow

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whos the dude who posts comp halo stuff on r/halo? Hashtagcontent or something like that?

• Upvote (+1) 2

Whos the dude who posts comp halo stuff on r/halo? Hashtagcontent or something like that?

@@siddysid has it in his signature.

I'm not sure if that's him or not though, he'll be able to answer that better than me.

• Upvote (+1) 1

Alright, I found a way to make the plots look *nearly on good on imgur as they do locally on my machine. 

GX1L3z5.png

(click on the image to enlarge)

This is RNG. They started of on top of the world, with a 4-1 record. Since then, they've dropped three on the trot. 

Although it's tempting to point to individuals, the RNG story is a complete failure of the collective. Commonly, Victory X and Ninja have each posted their three season lowest k/d's in the last three games. Let's let that sink in. Individually, three of the team members have been at their worst. The story doesn't get much better for Penguin. His last 3 games represent three of his four lowest k/d games in the league thus far. 

In terms of slaying power, Commonly does appear to lag behind his teammates somewhat. He's posted the team-low k/d in 4 of their 8 matches. Ninja, on the other side, has posted the team-high k/d in 4 of 8. Regardless, with the transfer window closed, it's up to Renegades to find some way to right the ship with the crew they've got. 

(all data collected from halo5arena.com)

• Upvote (+1) 5

So he's got a lot of free time.

Not with RTX, today's live stream and the update coming out tomorrow, no.

• Upvote (+1) 1

While @@Commonly is correct about Ninja's pushes (eventhough I think it got a lot better for quite sometime now) he played very bad last week and from what I have seen now was not that much better, pairing these facts with Hamy's way of bringing issues up it is no wonder that Ninja would get salty.

Also did @@LethuL really come here and say pressing start works or maybe he is nuts? Cause I think everyone knows which of the 2 is more likely :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 1

I was fascinated about Ramadan so I wiki'ed it and found this:

"Muslims are also instructed to refrain from sinful behavior that may negate the reward of fasting, such as false speech (insulting, backbiting, cursing, lying, etc.) and fighting"

HAMY why are you and ninja at each others throats?   :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4

"Muslims are also instructed to refrain from sinful behavior that may negate the reward of fasting, such as false speech (insulting, backbiting, cursing, lying, etc.) and fighting"

You shouldn't need to be instructed to refrain from those things. 

• Upvote (+1) 4

If you keep repeating from the point it occurs.. oh man. I'm dying. Thank you.

I can't breathe hahahah

• Upvote (+1) 2

aw. looks like the ESL thing in Asia isn't going too well

@@siddysid has it in his signature.

I'm not sure if that's him or not though, he'll be able to answer that better than me.

it me

how it going frend

*5k prize pool tournament* 

i'm willing to bet anyone anything that more than two teams show up for this 

Seems as though it'll be in the middle of Season 2 Pro/Challenger League :(

Is there any way for these kinds of events to be counted in the points system for the challenger league? That'd incentivize quite a few people who would've just done the weekend online cup to come out (plus LANs are a more accurate measure of skill anyway -- I actually think it's totally reasonable to have LANs count twice as much as the regular weekend cups in terms of points). Or perhaps since we know about this tournament a solid two months in advance, 343/ESL can just skip Pro League and Challenger Cup stuff for that week so people have the time to attend this tournament.

• Upvote (+1) 2

The Beyond FFA filled up with 128 players in about 4-5 hours after the initial announcement, with countless players tweeting us trying to get in.

I am very happy to see the excitement!

:fire::beyond: Beyond Community :beyond::fire:

Because it filled up so fast any chance it could start earlier. :simms:

aw. looks like the ESL thing in Asia isn't going too well

https://twitter.com/SKF_BLaQkRoW/status/747738029876379648

it me

how it going frend

Seems as though it'll be in the middle of Season 2 Pro/Challenger League :(

Is there any way for these kinds of events to be counted in the points system for the challenger league? That'd incentivize quite a few people who would've just done the weekend online cup to come out (plus LANs are a more accurate measure of skill anyway -- I actually think it's totally reasonable to have LANs count twice as much as the regular weekend cups in terms of points). Or perhaps since we know about this tournament a solid two months in advance, 343/ESL can just skip Pro League and Challenger Cup stuff for that week so people have the time to attend this tournament.

I want to say that when they initially announced the open circuit, that they said they were working towards trying to do something like that..sort of how h2a worked. Could totally be imagining that though haha

The Beyond FFA filled up with 128 players in about 4-5 hours after the initial announcement, with countless players tweeting us trying to get in.

I am very happy to see the excitement!

:fire::beyond: Beyond Community :beyond::fire:

I can't wait to get first rounded!

:mj:

• Upvote (+1) 2

I completely agree.

I challenged Cyren on Twitter(respectfully), and his rebuttal was that there hasn't been enough interest for an open thread. Added to his reasoning of flaming and trash talk. This is halo, these things make the game more interesting and the AM community could use a bit of drama, it's what creates rivalries. This isn't 2010, the vast majority of our community are all older late teens early 20's where I doubt much would really be said anyways.

The more I thought about what reason Beyond has for not making an open thread, a post about a certain number of views for the pro thread came to mind. In some way, the numbers being generated from this thread(views, posts, etc) is a huge attraction to present and future stakeholders.

In short, give us an open thread. The interest is there, if there are issues, moderate them, it's a forum for god sakes.

I want to challenge you back, it's been 3 weeks and the thread has been pretty dead. Not to call you out but you only have 1 post in the thread :huh:

• Upvote (+1) 8
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I want to challenge you back, it's been 3 weeks and the thread has been pretty dead. Not to call you out but you only have 1 post in the thread :huh:

Yeah, honestly the threads should just be combined again 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I actually prefered it when open circuit discussion was covered here... That league being a feeder for pro league makes it relevant here.

The new thread seems to have killed open circuit discussion altogether. There isn't even much chatter during the legendary cups.

• Upvote (+1) 4

I completely agree.

I challenged Cyren on Twitter(respectfully), and his rebuttal was that there hasn't been enough interest for an open thread. Added to his reasoning of flaming and trash talk. This is halo, these things make the game more interesting and the AM community could use a bit of drama, it's what creates rivalries. This isn't 2010, the vast majority of our community are all older late teens early 20's where I doubt much would really be said anyways.

The more I thought about what reason Beyond has for not making an open thread, a post about a certain number of views for the pro thread came to mind. In some way, the numbers being generated from this thread(views, posts, etc) is a huge attraction to present and future stakeholders.

In short, give us an open thread. The interest is there, if there are issues, moderate them, it's a forum for god sakes.

Somehow I missed this post. 

Speaking as the sole present and future "stakeholder", we had a gut feeling an open thread would be inactive.

That is pretty much it, lol.

• Upvote (+1) 1