CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

@Timo I know it's been said a bunch.......... but T Squared is a fantastic caster, and I can't think of any reason why you guys would not give him a shot. He and Elamite would be a fantastic combo, both in delivery style and chemistry together. There would be so much positivity coming from this.

Strongside is a great guy and has certainly improved, but we definitely need a situation where he is in a position to kind of be the "hype man." His best moments are easily his reactions to great plays. When he's just responding to the moment, he's really smooth. When he's trying to give analysis or play-by-play, it's like a constantly buffering video.

Why not try a tri-cast? It would be perfect.

• Upvote (+1) 9

12 x 5 = 60

I am well aware.  Most games don't go the distance and there aren't going to be 4, 5 game series every night.  I fail to see why there should be more than 2 minutes between matches. It should take 4 hours total tops to go through 4 matches, not 5 1/2.  If its a truly epic night with 4, 5 games series, then fine, take 4 1/2 hours.

Point is, there is too much downtime between matches/series.  You can watch the viewership drop every time there is more downtime than is reasonable.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Id also like to think U4X is better than OpTic in their current state. Online anyways.

I want to agree with this as it looks VERY good and has some of the best players in EU right now, but then when it comes to LAN I look across Optic and see a national champ, a global champ, multiple halo reach/halo 4 champs etc etc and the memories of Laniac and Noble Black.

EU Finals will be the real test for this team and if they storm it, I will start to believe they can play with NA, either way they are an awesome team.

• Upvote (+1) 6

I want to agree with this as it looks VERY good and has some of the best players in EU right now, but then when it comes to LAN I look across Optic and see a national champ, a global champ, multiple halo reach/halo 4 champs etc etc and the memories of Laniac and Noble Black.

Is any of that really relevant? Maniac winning a tournament in 2009 definitely didn't help him qualify for Champs.  

Hell, Frosty went from completely unknown > teaming with the Sudds > being at least a top 3 player on the most dominant team we've seen in years, without any of these accolades from previous titles years ago.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Is any of that really relevant? Maniac winning a tournament in 2009 definitely didn't help him qualify for Champs.

Hell, Frosty went from completely unknown > teaming with the Sudds > being at least a top 3 player on the most dominant team we've seen in years, without any of these accolades from previous titles years ago.

I think he's just speaking in terms of Lan experience. No matter what game you're playing, Lan experience is Lan experience.

• Upvote (+1) 1

X3Rg9pX.png

(click plot to enlarge)

Using white here really made the plot pop, but the downside is that it messes up the legend. Whatever, you guys can figure out which player has "gone missing", I'm keeping it this way. :)

• Upvote (+1) 1

"hamyProblem" - Commonly

y7ZajGb.png

"Ryanoob who?" - Contra

uq0Pgv1.png

"How'd the match go Forma-- I mean Ace" - Hecz

MHsfwmE.png

"RIP win goose 2016-2016" - Spartan

kxyomei.png

"This is my contract season" - Septiq

UPtmKJd.png

"We should've pulled a Liquid and roster changed earlier" - Cxlii

CcxEQBS.png

• Upvote (+1) 2

I could not disagree more. He has an aura of mediocrity about him that does not appeal to me.

Remind us about how you're the best at everything you do in life. He was a national champ at H3, how is that mediocre?

• Downvote (-1) 2

We have just launched the ASTRO Spartans FFA Tournament for tomorrow at 6pm EST, free entry as always.

11 UK time  :mj:

El Town vs Zombie Lxthul

they could've given him a little saturation bump is all I'm saying lol

• Upvote (+1) 3

11 UK time  :mj:

We are trying to find a perfect balance here lol, have to remember the HCS stuff takes up Thursday-Sunday.

• Upvote (+1) 1

El Town vs Zombie Lxthul

they could've given him a little saturation bump is all I'm saying lol

They were taken by different photographers or at least different photography set ups. 

el Town's was taken In Burbank for the LAN qualifier and Lethul's was taken during Worlds(I think).

Might be time for a redo of the teams who didn't get them taken In Burbank during the LAN qualifier. Just to have consistency.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Just a preview, I am making these for every team.

*snipped data plot*

Oh shit. This shit.... I like it. It's good shit. Keep that shit up! I need more of this shit in my life.

• Upvote (+1) 1