CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Squared said on stream that the guy to talk to is Esl Timo. Said to tweet at him.

Fat fingers, my bad.

• Upvote (+1) 1

So found out something interesting regarding the Open Circuit.

So for the relegation matches it's the 7th/8th Pro league team vs the Top 2 of the Open Circuit.

Simple yes?

You would assume the Top 2 from the open circuit would be the teams with the Top 2 points at the end of the season. I mean, that's what they've been playing for all season. Points.

NOPE

Apparently the top 2 teams from just the LAST Legendary cup are the 2 teams that get into the relegation matches.

Which is crazy because that means there's really no point in playing in the open circuit. You can just form a team in the last weekend and make it into relegation.

It's punishing the teams that stick together by making their points worthless.

For example: If a team won Legendary Cup #1, #2, #3, #4, and #5, but then got 3rd in the last cup, they wouldn't get into the relegation matches.

I am FLOORED that this is the ruleset for the Open Circuit.

I'm super duper late on this, but I don't see the problems.

The seedings in each last chance qualifier are base on points. So the teams with the highest points have put themselves in the most favorable position to qualify for the relegation tourney. In that sense it's not innaccurate to think of the last legendary cup as the 'Open Circuit Championship' or 'relegation playoffs', with the top two teams being awarded a chance to fight their way into pro league.

It's inaccurate to say that the points were meaningless... It's the points that allowed teams to qualify for the Last legendary cup.

If a team won all those cups, they will have secured the easily path to winning the last legendary cup.

• Upvote (+1) 3

I would be surprised if talent trumped politics - my guess is T2 is on the outside looking in.

• Upvote (+1) 4

ive been watching a few of the old h2a vods over the last few weeks when I get a few minutes to breathe at work and feel like if h2a had been sold alone it could've done well. What was the general consensus about h2a when HCS was in its first season with h2a as the game? Did people like it?

Also I actually voted in the community power rankings and can't wait for the beyond power rankings to come out and cause a show

people liked it enough that it brought back a lot of older players, and it reinvigorated the scene again. Going from h4 and AGL to getting over 20k views for S1 Finals is quite an accomplishment. They did blow it by not giving us Midship

And h2a gave us Noble Black vs CLG <3

• Upvote (+1) 4

I'm super duper late on this, but I don't see the problems.

The seedings in each last chance qualifier are base on points. So the teams with the highest points have put themselves in the most favorable position to qualify for the relegation tourney. In that sense it's not innaccurate to think of the last legendary cup as the 'Open Circuit Championship' or 'relegation playoffs', with the top two teams being awarded a chance to fight their way into pro league.

It's inaccurate to say that the points were meaningless... It's the points that allowed teams to qualify for the Last legendary cup.

If a team won all those cups, they will have secured the easily path to winning the last legendary cup.

There's arguments for both sides.

But I've made my points in the 3 posts I've done about this.

I just disagree with the format that's been laid out.

Mobstazz said he was going to bring the topic up again for the format for next season's challenger league, so I'm not gonna drag the argument out any longer.

I would be surprised if talent trumped politics - my guess is T2 is the outside looking in.

T2 have been great for some time now, and 343/ESL have ignored him. I believe they don't like to be represented by T2

There's arguments for both sides.

But I've made my points in the 3 posts I've done about this.

I just disagree with the format that's been laid out.

Mobstazz said he was going to bring the topic up again for the format for next season's challenger league, so I'm not gonna drag the argument out any longer.

Cool. Who exactly is Mobstazz? What's his role?

This meant a lot more than you would think 

I got your back Zeke. :)

Now get back on that stream grind for me. :kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 2

Who are the people we have to bug to get T2 in that pro league booth?

First we gatta get him out of jail. 

:kappa:

• Upvote (+1) 4
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Ok so I just caught up with the pro league;

• EG - If I were Snipedown I would be throwing furniture at this point, as none of his team mates are preforming at his level, I think people saying the roybox are among the top 10 ten players in the game are delusional, they have fallen off in this game. I am quite tired of always being ridiculed for this opinion, I am sorry but they are nowhere near as dominant, as dedicated or as knowledgeable in this game as they were in previous iterations, they have been surpassed by multiple players.
  • ALG - RyaNoob is in an interesting situation should ALG fail to replicate their performances last week then a lot of the blame will be placed on him. A lot of pressure is going to put on him to preform this week.
  • Liquid - congrats Liquid on picking up your first win, but I still cannot see you guys not being in relegation.
  • CLG - well it has finally happened, only thing I can think of is complacency and a mind set problem but we will see.
  • Envyus - great performances this week, what happened in that game 5 though  :mj:
  • E6 - Cratos finally being able to deliver on some of his comments. With RNG seemly struggling again this team is easily the third best in the game. 
  • Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 4

@@Tsquared needs to be in the booth man.

His cadence and delivery is great and he really makes it gel well with the gameplay. The dude knows his stuff. And thats just him solo casting.

• Upvote (+1) 4

Make HCS casting great again

a vote for t2 is a vote for freedom

#Squared2016

#ImwithHIM

#ImdeclaredforSquared

• Upvote (+1) 3

Id also like to think U4X is better than OpTic in their current state. Online anyways.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Hard not to like Maniac tbh.

I could not disagree more. He has an aura of mediocrity about him that does not appeal to me.

• Upvote (+1) 10
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I could not disagree more. He has an aura of mediocrity about him that does not appeal to me.

Dude makes me laugh tbh, but he's not the best on his team I'll give you that for sure.

• Upvote (+1) 1

It's funny how much Maniac has changed in less than 2 years. I remember when he was uploading videos on Youtube about how he couldn't stream because his mom's internet sucked.

• Upvote (+1) 3

That's how I feel. I find most optic halo "content" insufferable. They appear to be dissapointed about losing, optimistic about improving, yet completely uninterested in doing what it takes to get better. And maniac seems like the king of that attitude.

• Upvote (+1) 4