CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Only 1 week left plz learn

They call him the stat man and he can't even count weeks  :kappa:

aVVRn1z.png

• Upvote (+1) 7

Man CLG remind me so much of coL from the Black Ops 2 days.(When I first got into esports) Just always so composed and never hesitating in big moments. Its fun to watch but nV has made things interesting. As an OpTic fan however, hard to enjoy watching them play.

• Upvote (+1) 2

Fixed

Woops, meant to write italian, I blame Pulse's all french team. Anyways, my sister lives in Italy, it's supposed to be 37+ degrees(celsius) over there atm, I can only imagine trying to get anything done in that heat when I can barely think in the current 28 degrees weather.

They call him the stat man and he can't even count weeks :kappa:

The correct title is "numbers dude"

• Upvote (+1) 2

Funny thing calling it the EU pro league now that 5 of the 6 teams in it will no longer actually be in the EU fairly soon...

I know in this case EU actually just stands for Europe and not the European Union, just let me be salty.

Our country is going to shit now, I'm telling you. (here's to me hoping you voted REMAIN)

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Woops, meant to write italian, I blame Pulse's all french team. Anyways, my sister lives in Italy, it's supposed to be 37+ degrees(celsius) over there atm, I can only imagine trying to get anything done in that heat when I can barely think in the current 28 degrees weather.

Haha, yeah the heat is unreal. It's 30 over here, can't even imagine how 37 feels.

@@Mikwen I used to have lowkey salt after you did the dirty to RNG during Rostermania. And I know you explained yourself and expressed how bad you felt after going on your gut instinct and forgoing RNG to build this NV squad. Truth is none of us really understand how hard that is because you never know if it will be a bust or not. You took a ton of heat especially without delivering results such a squad composition like your's should. But, you kept grinding and have finally started letting your results speak for themselves. Definitely gained a few more fans.

Yesterday kind of felt like near the end of 300 when Leonidas threw the spear and showed Xerxes could bleed. Gods don't bleed.

"SPARTANS! HA-OOH HA-OOH HA-OOH!

Dude I just happened to be in Atlanta visiting when that all went down and trust me it was agonizing for him , I am a big fan of Tyler as a person and player and Tyler and Austin are like Brothers that argue. He was chewing tums and rolaids thru all of that and I felt his stress, but when you got the goat and wizard texting you saying lets team, lets be honest I think most would have made his decision. The timing for Tyler sucked and Austin felt sooo bad I can't even describe.

• Upvote (+1) 4

@@Batchford won me the best fantasy team both this week and overal in Eurape.

Your NA team has been pretty strong as well. My EU team is building momentum as I learn the EU scene. My NA teams are steadily improving as well. Looking forward to Fall Pro league to see how far Fantasy HCS will come along. 

• Upvote (+1) 1

Our country is going to shit now, I'm telling you. (here's to me hoping you voted REMAIN)

Yup, we're fucked. 

Also what the hell were the rest of the Welsh doing? SMH.

(and yeah, I was 100% remain and I'm very much pissed off at the moment)

Anyway, this is going crazy levels of off topic so best to stop.

They wouldn't be able to change the team until after the relegation matches. The relegation matches are happening the same weekend as Pro League Finals.

That's pretty dumb IMO. Then players who win relegation can get dropped afterwards. Force team changes before relegation, so the kicked players have options at Challenger teams. @Tashi 

Though I guess Relegation is only a 4-team tourney. Should be 7/8 PL, top 4 CL, + 2 LCQ into an 8-team lan.

i got liquid beating optic  :cash:

I can't tell you how much I hope you are right. I think it will be a close series either way.

• Upvote (+1) 1

i got liquid beating optic  :cash:

yeah same here, I think this will be Liquid's first win

https://twitter.com/Tashi343i/status/746473167175061504

Complete finals information coming very soon according to Tashi. Also acknowledged that 343 needs to do a better job of getting this information out sooner in the future. At least they are aware of the complaints about the last minute venue announcements, hopefully this won't be a problem for Fall Finals or 2017 Regionals/Worlds.

• Upvote (+1) 3

halo ist still the top 2 console fps esports game. pricemoney is #1 right now with the backing from Microsoft.

​imho it would be really stupid to not bet on halo for the moment. give it 1 - 2 years and see hot the Scene will turn out.

​halo is also cheap to support. you don't have to pay $5.000 or $10.000 + salaries.

you asked the wrong question. does it hurt to have a halo team? clearly no

​its low risk - (possible) high reward

​the only scenario i can think about that would make sense business wise, is ditching halo for an overwatch team, if hector could not support 4 teams at the same time.

Halo is a top 2 console FPS?  Come on man...   And Halo is cheap to support?  Might wanna bounce that theory of yours off of Sundance and the rest of the MLG staff.  There is a reason Halo (their flagship title and what MADE mlg what it is today) was dropped from the circuit.  Does it hurt Optic to have a Halo team?  In my opinion it does hurt the brand. The Halo team is not dedicated, does not promote, does not grind, does not do all the things that put Optic Gaming where it is today.  Flamesword was given the largest mantel possible to bring competitive Halo to the next level and chose not to capitalize on it (teammates as well).  There really is no doubt in my mind that Optic Halo nets Hecz no profit whatsoever, and why he sits back and watches the halo team do nothing to improve or even take the brand seriously blows my mind.  

• Upvote (+1) 1

Halo is a top 2 console FPS?  Come on man...   And Halo is cheap to support?  Might wanna bounce that theory of yours off of Sundance and the rest of the MLG staff.  There is a reason Halo (their flagship title and what MADE mlg what it is today) was dropped from the circuit.  Does it hurt Optic to have a Halo team?  In my opinion it does hurt the brand. The Halo team is not dedicated, does not promote, does not grind, does not do all the things that put Optic Gaming where it is today.  Flamesword was given the largest mantel possible to bring competitive Halo to the next level and chose not to capitalize on it (teammates as well).  There really is no doubt in my mind that Optic Halo nets Hecz no profit whatsoever, and why he sits back and watches the halo team do nothing to improve or even take the brand seriously blows my mind.  

What other console FPS shooter is there besides Call of Duty? 

There is none. 

Only other big FPS is CS:GO which is on PC. 

How much does it cost to have an OpTic Halo squad? They already bought them jerseys and they produce YT content for OpTic. Keeping a name in Halo seems to not be expensive. 

• Upvote (+1) 2

Calling for Optic to take this. I think TL just has low confidence at this point w/ this roster. And OG always surprises people.

Looks like French Toast Mafia dropped Musa for Falcated (unless they're trolling)

• Upvote (+1) 1