CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Obviously.

There's also this phenonmenon that happens pretty frequently in sports called playing down to the level of your competition. I've seen this happen in all three of the major sports that I watch regularly (NBA, NFL, College Football). To give an example, the Warriors lost to the Lakers during the regular season this year. Obviously the Lakers weren't better than the Warriors, but they played down to the level of their competitor and were beaten as a result.

Now I'm not saying that is what happened last night, but is it a possibilty? I think so. Luckily we won't have to wait long to find out since like I said, they play again next week.

Don't think so. I think it's more like the Warriors vs the cavs. Curry and clay looked bad for much of that series. Some of that is just them not playing great but a lot of it was the cavs making them look bad.

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 3

After that Game 5 where eL Town got killed by Lethul's hydra in OT I am officially spooked

tkYA7XP.png

• Upvote (+1) 6

Infused beat XMen 3-0.

XMen have subbed out Snipedrone for today, though.

@@charas

idk if it's been mentioned before, but in a matchup, the modes score is per team color and not per team. For example, in the E6 vs EG scrim the Slayer score is 3:3(3 red team wins, 3 blue team wins) when it's supposed to be 5:1(5 E6 wins, 1 EG win).

it was all planned

now people are gonna buy the white and future black skins, instead of just buying black

The most correct tinfoil theory ever. Rep'd

The new team skins are pretty dope. CLG one is def the best by far. But when are nV skins coming out. Need to rep the boys in blue.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'm enjoying Spartan and Onset. I think Spartan's perspective is interesting/valuable. He's obviously a top player, but he also seems to be out of whatever kind of "top pros club". Almost like a more articulate Cratos (no offense to Cratos or Spartan, I enjoy both of their streams and consider them underrated talents).

His casting isn't super polished, but he's knowledgeable and enthusiastic. I'd love to see him casting more.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I would love every series to go to 5 games, but the last matchup of the night didn't start till what? 12 Eastern? That is just too late to be honest. 

Well luckily its a Friday so FUCK YEAH STAY UP LATE AND PARTY!!

seriously though, I think the issue with the games going so late has nothing to do with each series being too long, its with the schedule being too loose and there being too much downtime between games.  Even a tight 5 game series shouldn't take longer than an hour and that's being generous considering each game is 12 minutes.

• Upvote (+1) 2

That was such a stupid series. 

No disrespect to Xavi of course but he is a coach for a reason. Team was a lot weaker when the best shot in Europe isn't on your team.

Wish that could have been rescheduled if possible.

Much respect for wanting to play the best team you can.

seriously though, I think the issue with the games going so late has nothing to do with each series being too long, its with the schedule being too loose and there being too much downtime between games.  Even a tight 5 game series shouldn't take longer than an hour and that's being generous considering each game is 12 minutes.

Would it help or hurt viewership if they broke it up to something like 2 series Wednesday & 2 series Thursday/ 4 Friday?

seriously though, I think the issue with the games going so late has nothing to do with each series being too long, its with the schedule being too loose and there being too much downtime between games. Even a tight 5 game series shouldn't take longer than an hour and that's being generous considering each game is 12 minutes.

12 x 5 = 60

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 2

Funny thing calling it the EU pro league now that 5 of the 6 teams in it will no longer actually be in the EU fairly soon...

I know in this case EU actually just stands for Europe and not the European Union, just let me be salty.

Funny thing calling it the EU pro league now that 5 of the 6 teams in it will no longer actually be in the EU fairly soon...

I know in this case EU actually just stands for Europe and not the European Union, just let me be salty.

Actually only 3 EU pro league teams are UK-only; infused got a danish player, U4X got a one italian and one german player. And Pulse is all french. Plus, there's a possibility Scotland might leave UK and stay in EU(and another possibility is another vote).

But yeah, way to lose pounds quick, UK!  :simms:

Actually only 3 EU pro league teams are UK-only; infused got a danish player, U4X got a one ITALIAN and one german player. And Pulse is all french. Plus, there's a possibility Scotland might leave UK and stay in EU(and another possibility is another vote).

But yeah, way to lose pounds quick, UK! :simms:

Fixed

• Upvote (+1) 1

Actually only 3 EU pro league teams are UK-only; infused got a danish player, U4X got a one french and one german player. And Pulse is all french. Plus, there's a possibility Scotland might leave UK and stay in EU(and another possibility is another vote).

But yeah, way to lose pounds quick, UK!  :simms:

Fair enough, I assumed based off of the ESL pro league site they were British.

Still, the majority of players in the EU league are leaving the EU.

@@Batchford won me the best fantasy team both this week and overal in Eurape.

we are gonna announce overall leaders at the end of the season so hang in there

1 more week i think

• Upvote (+1) 2

I'm kind of upset at the team skins packs. So these items are only available for real currency, fair enough. Then why is it that if I want to support CLG, yet I want to get access to that old white HCS magnum, do I only have an 18% chance to get it in the one pack I buy?

Take note that I'm only going off of what Tashi described in his tweets, but I'm honestly already struggling to justify buying 1 of these packs. To hell with buying more than one just to get the skin I want.