CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

Nothing like a weeks notice to plan a cross country trip. FeelsBadMan Kappa

I honestly wouldn't be surprised lol

That's when plane tickets and hotels are the easiest to book :lxthul:

Would be cool to go to another HCS event, haven't been since GFG 2015.

That's when plane tickets and hotels are the easiest to book :lxthul:

Would be cool to go to another HCS event, haven't been since GFG 2015.

Id love to not spend a grand again to go to a HCS event  :mj:

Holy hell that nV CLG series was so good. Its a real shame its on way too late to watch live and really does take away from the overall hype.

• Upvote (+1) 2

To give an extreme example:

Let's say a pro team scrims a random AM team and curb stomps them 13-0. Everyone posts huge k/d and objective efficiency statistics. Then, they go scrim a pro team and win 9-4. Did they necessarily play worse, or did they just play better competition?

Obviously. 

There's also this phenonmenon that happens pretty frequently in sports called playing down to the level of your competition. I've seen this happen in all three of the major sports that I watch regularly (NBA, NFL, College Football). To give an example, the Warriors lost to the Lakers during the regular season this year. Obviously the Lakers weren't better than the Warriors, but they played down to the level of their competitor and were beaten as a result. 

Now I'm not saying that is what happened last night, but is it a possibilty? I think so. Luckily we won't have to wait long to find out since like I said, they play again next week.

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

Holy hell that nV CLG series was so good. Its a real shame its on way too late to watch live and really does take away from the overall hype.

8k people were watching so it was well hyped. I think it will really help to grow the scene. 

Why does it have to be one or the other?

I mean Snakebite admitted on twitter that he and the rest of the team played very average in the last two games.

It's par for the course for a team to down play another teams accomplishments.

"nV nearly got us because we didn't play well. but we still beat them even, so magine us on full cylinders"

Or

"nV nearly got us because they repeatedly responded to our best efforts"

which impression would you rather give off?

Obviously.

There's also this phenonmenon that happens pretty frequently in sports called playing down to the level of your competition. I've seen this happen in all three of the major sports that I watch frequently (NBA, NFL, College Football). To give an example, the Warriors lost to the Lakers during the regular season this year. Obviously the Lakers weren't better than the Warriors, but they played down to the level of their competitor and were beaten as a result.

Now I'm not saying that is what happened last night, but is it a possibilty? I think so. Luckily we won't have to wait long to find out since like I said, they play again next week.

CLG hasn't taken their foot off the gas since XGames... Are be to believe that last night they played at a level inconsistent with the countless series they've played over the last few months?

• Upvote (+1) 3

CLG hasn't taken their foot off the gas since XGames... Are be to believe that last night they played at a level inconsistent with the countless series they've played over the last few months?

I certainly believe it's a possibility. It has happened to some of the greatest teams of all time in countless other sports, why couldn't it be the case for a halo team?

• Upvote (+1) 2
  • Downvote (-1) 1

I can see how you'd think that being an nV fan. I just respect Snakebite and his opinion so him saying that holds merit to me. Imagine if nV lost to Liquid in their next pro league match, and Mikwen tweeted out something similar. Would you just completely dismiss it?

It doesn't matter anyways. I was just simply stating that as a CLG fan, I could tell they weren't playing as well as they normally do. CLG and nV play again next week so we'll see if nV can put up a similar performance then.

Mikwen I don't think would tweet out he played average he would tweet he played like sh it . Frosty certainly wasn't playing average. Great series we really needed it, I don't know if you guys noticed but halfway thru game 4 viewership started to go up. 3-0 are just boring.

CLG vs nV similar to CLG vs Denial at worlds as nV superior than CLG in Slayer but losing the series on objective types. However nV are definitely better than Denial were on objective and could surpass CLG with enough practice to take 1 of those 3 objective games

CLG vs nV similar to CLG vs Denial at worlds as nV superior than CLG in Slayer but losing the series on objective types. However nV are definitely better than Denial were on objective and could surpass CLG with enough practice to take 1 of those 3 objective games

CLG vs Denial at Regionals, Denial won two objectives (Fathom Flag, Empire SH) -- so it wasn't like that Denial roster was ONLY better than CLG on Slayers.

CLG vs Denial at Regionals, Denial won two objectives (Fathom Flag, Empire SH) -- so it wasn't like that Denial roster was ONLY better than CLG on Slayers.

At worlds they were

• Upvote (+1) 1

I certainly believe it's a possibility. It has happened to some of the greatest teams of all time in countless other sports, why couldn't it be the case for a halo team?

Bout how often do you see teams "play down" for an entire series?

One of the defining characteristics of CLG has been their resolve.

If they are down, they usually snap back into gear before a game is through. As a result, they rarely ever lose a single gametype.

In the event the do lose a gametype they usually tighten up and take the series in commanding fashion.

Bout how often do you see teams "play down" for an entire series?

One of the defining characteristics of CLG has been their resolve.

They usually snap back into gear within before a game is through. As a result, they rarely ever lose a gametype.

In the event the do lose a gametype they usually tighten up and take the series in commanding fashion.

They didn't play down to them the entire series. Coli CTF was dominating and so was the second half of Eden SH. I won't even say they played down to them in Coli TS because I know from scrims CLG really struggles on that gametype. However, games 4 and 5 I believe it's POSSIBLE that they were playing down to the level of nV. This is just something I thought of last night from my experiences watching it happen to so many teams in other sports. Fortunately we'll get a chance to see these two teams play again next week and if nV put up a similar fight or even win I will more than happily admit that I was wrong.

• Downvote (-1) 1

EG looked great.

ALG - Rammy! I've been bigging him up for a while, and definitely would have chosen him over Danoxide. Shame he has to go back to FTM after this week, but oh well

Gonna check out the NV series now.

I have zero interest in watching optic anymore. :holmes: 

• Upvote (+1) 1
  • Downvote (-1) 1

The Team Allegiance concept skin looks a bit better now doesn't it guys?  :simms:

​::snip::

That is sweet.

Allegiance is written in a nice spot that isn't cluttered, but the orange/black lines all over everywhere feel noisy.

While I disagree, I also think its legitimate criticism so I don't know why you are getting negged for it?  +1 just to help get you back to even haha

I have zero interest in watching optic anymore. :holmes:

So sad... replace Maniac with Naded. or get them all to practice more.    #WhyNadedWHY??

They didn't play down to them the entire series. Coli CTF was dominating and so was the second half of Eden SH. I won't even say they played down to them in Coli TS because I know from scrims CLG really struggles on that gametype. However, games 4 and 5 I believe it's POSSIBLE that they were playing down to the level of nV. This is just something I thought of last night from my experiences watching it happen to so many teams in other sports. Fortunately we'll get a chance to see these two teams play again next week and if nV put up a similar fight or even win I will more than happily admit that I was wrong.

Yeah we'll see. i know we see teams 'play down' in other sports. But it's usually for a single game. Not multiple games in a series.

I honestly think Liquid will win tonight vs Optic. Both Danoxide and APG need a big series, and I think whichever player performs better, the edge will swing towards that respective side. 

I think E6 will take a game off CLG (probably a slayer).

I think RNG will probably either sweep or 3-1 ALG

The series between NV and EG is the hardest one to predict. I have this odd feeling that EG will edge NV out, but I hope I am wrong. Regardless, I think this will be a 3-1 to either side ( most will be close games, with one blowout somewhere in there).

Allegiance is written in a nice spot that isn't cluttered, but the orange/black lines all over everywhere feel noisy.

I love it. Busy designs just do it for me. But I do understand it's not for everyone.

Dinosaurs go to a Game 5 with #1 U4X yesterday.

Don't win a single game against #6 Pulse today.

Is this #MATCHUPS or a bad sign for U4X?

I honestly think Liquid will win tonight vs Optic. Both Danoxide and APG need a big series, and I think whichever player performs better, the edge will swing towards that respective side. 

I think E6 will take a game off CLG (probably a slayer).

I think RNG will probably either sweep or 3-1 ALG

The series between NV and EG is the hardest one to predict. I have this odd feeling that EG will edge NV out, but I hope I am wrong. Regardless, I think this will be a 3-1 to either side ( most will be close games, with one blowout somewhere in there).

I hope that there are no sweeps tonight.  I want every series to go to game 5 with tight games.  After the NV/CLG series last night, the hype is real.

Edit:  Plus I think that would reduce the often cringe-inducing downtime between matches.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I hope that there are no sweeps tonight.  I want every series to go to game 5 with tight games.  After the NV/CLG series last night, the hype is real.

Edit:  Plus I think that would reduce the often cringe-inducing downtime between matches.

I would love every series to go to 5 games, but the last matchup of the night didn't start till what? 12 Eastern? That is just too late to be honest. 

• Upvote (+1) 3