CyReN

HCS Pro League Summer 2016 Teams, Seeds, and Discussion‏

I agree.  I am an EG fan (have been since StarCraft) so i'll buy those skins anyway, but it looks like a lot more creativity and work went into the CLG skins because they are badass.  The EG and Optic skins just look like they slapped the logo on the side and called it a day.

I agree about the skins. CLG's= awesome Optic=alright, probably should have been black, but I dont mind the white.  EG= meh. I think if you changed the EG skin to be white where they just left it grey in the middle and on the tip of the barrel, and made the logo bigger and just had the words evil geniuses on the back like CLG's it would be way better. Still buying the EG skin though.

• Upvote (+1) 1

I'll be buying a team skin, if nothing else than to send the message "thanks for promoting / reviving competitive Halo". All the DLC has been free so far, and regardless of what everyone says on Reddit about the volume of content in the game, I'm more than happy to throw some cash towards the teams/developers. 

Good for you. I will be spending money until I have all of the HCS skins. 343 and the teams deserve it.

Remember 2012/2013? Yeah.

A thank you is needed. I just hope crowdfunding starts soon, otherwise we might be looking at the 2017 prize pool actually *decreasing*, as there is naturally going to be less sales at this point in the games life-cycle.

• Upvote (+1) 3

@@Mikwen I used to have lowkey salt after you did the dirty to RNG during Rostermania. And I know you explained yourself and expressed how bad you felt after going on your gut instinct and forgoing RNG to build this NV squad. Truth is none of us really understand how hard that is because you never know if it will be a bust or not. You took a ton of heat especially without delivering results such a squad composition like your's should. But, you kept grinding and have finally started letting your results speak for themselves. Definitely gained a few more fans.

Yesterday kind of felt like near the end of 300 when Leonidas threw the spear and showed Xerxes could bleed. Gods don't bleed.

"SPARTANS! HA-OOH HA-OOH HA-OOH!

• Upvote (+1) 6

Those EG and OpTic skins look like a graphic designer made a first draft and was like "This is fine." and pushed it through.

EG are nice IMO.

OpTic however are horrible. Who the FUCK thought to put them in white? Black and Green are OpTic's colours, SMH.

OpTic had the potential to be the nicest skins...

Those EG and OpTic skins look like a graphic designer made a first draft and was like "This is fine." and pushed it through.

I appreciate minimalist design, but they're a bit too plain.

Some of the community made great skins and I was super excited about what a paid designer working at 343 could do. Still love having team skins though, couldn't have imagined it a few years back.

Who's the best person to tweet at to express our displeasure over the EG and Optic skins?

Who's the best person to tweet at to express our displeasure over the EG and Optic skins?

@Brav 

The Team Allegiance concept skin looks a bit better now doesn't it guys?  :simms:

Allegiance is written in a nice spot that isn't cluttered, but the orange/black lines all over everywhere feel noisy.

• Upvote (+1) 3
  • Downvote (-1) 2

I mean Snakebite admitted on twitter that he and the rest of the team played very average in the last two games.

This doesn't really further your point at all, though. So a member of CLG, who hasn't had a close match in ages, says they didn't play their best? Shocker.... that's human nature.

A short while ago, someone on this forum said something to the effect of "it's crazy how different teams look against CLG compared to how they look against other teams." It makes sense, because CLG is so good that they often make teams play out of their element.

I think last night we saw a team hit on all cylinders while playing CLG. It's easy to say you played worse than usual when you have a crazy close series for the first time since X Games, but you will naturally perform "worse" against great competition.

I'm not saying CLG played perfect Halo, but Snakebite tweeting that they played average is not particularly evidence at all. I'm sure them playing "average" on Eden TS had nothing to do with the White Wizard going way the fuck off?

• Upvote (+1) 5
  • Downvote (-1) 1

pls do dis 4 Halo LANs

venue for rocket league can hold 2k people, I'm fairly certain that a Halo LAN would be able to reach that number too (esp. with 343 employees and shit showing up)

• Upvote (+1) 2

Allegiance is written in a nice spot that isn't cluttered, but the orange/black lines all over everywhere feel noisy.

I think he meant just in terms of the team skins that were revealed.  But yes, less is more & I'm not too sure I want a team name on a gun tbh. The logo? Yes. The name? Eh...

Edit; I got to say the name fits in well with just the ALG AR concept

I wonder when they will release Venue and ticket information for Finals. I know we still have a month to go but hope we get a good heads up.

What their website says makes me feel like It wont be at the ESL Burbank studios.

If It was at the ESL Burbank studios I think they would have said It already(like they did with the EU finals).

"...Finals on July 29th and 30th. Venue details and ticket information will be coming shortly".

This doesn't really further your point at all, though. So a member of CLG, who hasn't had a close match in ages, says they didn't play their best? Shocker.... that's human nature.

A short while ago, someone on this forum said something to the effect of "it's crazy how different teams look against CLG compared to how they look against other teams." It makes sense, because CLG is so good that they often make teams play out of their element.

I think last night we saw a team hit on all cylinders while playing CLG. It's easy to say you played worse than usual when you have a crazy close series for the first time since X Games, but you will naturally perform "worse" against great competition.

I'm not saying CLG played perfect Halo, but Snakebite tweeting that they played average is not particularly evidence at all. I'm sure them playing "average" on Eden TS had nothing to do with the White Wizard going way the fuck off?

I can see how you'd think that being an nV fan. I just respect Snakebite and his opinion so him saying that holds merit to me. Imagine if nV lost to Liquid in their next pro league match, and Mikwen tweeted out something similar. Would you just completely dismiss it?

It doesn't matter anyways. I was just simply stating that as a CLG fan, I could tell they weren't playing as well as they normally do. CLG and nV play again next week so we'll see if nV can put up a similar performance then.

I am still thinking about that series. I hope today we get some :fire: matches. 

EG are nice IMO.

OpTic however are horrible. Who the FUCK thought to put them in white? Black and Green are OpTic's colours, SMH.

OpTic had the potential to be the nicest skins...

it was all planned

now people are gonna buy the white and future black skins, instead of just buying black

• Upvote (+1) 1

I wonder when they will release Venue and ticket information for Finals. I know we still have a month to go but hope we get a good heads up.

What their website says makes me feel like It wont be at the ESL Burbank studios.

If It was at the ESL Burbank studios I think they would have said It already(like they did with the EU finals).

"...Finals on July 29th and 30th. Venue details and ticket information will be coming shortly".

If it's taking place on July 29th-30th, travel details are usually released the week before.

I can see how you'd think that being an nV fan. I just respect Snakebite and his opinion so him saying that holds merit to me. Imagine if nV lost to Liquid in their next pro league match, and Mikwen tweeted out something similar. Would you just completely dismiss it?

It doesn't matter anyways. I was just simply stating that as a CLG fan, I could tell they weren't playing as well as they normally do. CLG and nV play again next week so we'll see if nV can put up a similar performance then.

It has nothing to do with being an Envy fan. I like CLG as well. I assumed that would be somewhere in your response. I'm also a fan of logic. Again, CLG did not play perfectly, but Snakebite saying "we played average" is exactly what I'd expect from a team of their caliber.

To give an extreme example:

Let's say a pro team scrims a random AM team and curb stomps them 13-0. Everyone posts huge k/d and objective efficiency statistics. Then, they go scrim a pro team and win 9-4. Did they necessarily play worse, or did they just play better competition?

• Upvote (+1) 1

If it's taking place on July 29th-30th, travel details are usually released the week before.

Nothing like a weeks notice to plan a cross country trip. FeelsBadMan Kappa

• Upvote (+1) 5

I honestly wouldn't be surprised lol